“An embarrassment to Holiday Inn Express!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   714 Spence Lane, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #76 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Benton Harbor, Michigan
“An embarrassment to Holiday Inn Express!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I checked in and was kind of dismayed at how run down the area was. Decided this was going to be an "iffy" type of stay. We were going to make sure our motorcycle was right outside our window so we could keep an eye on it. We had ridden 9 hours on our way to Florida and needed a hot shower to loosen up. When my husband got out of the shower, he was greeted by another "guest" in the room - a cockroach! We both saw it! That was all we could take. We went down to the desk to tell them and they didn't even seem surprised!! Only asked if it was in the living area or the bathroom. Did not get any type of apology. They did agree to refund the room (duh!) and we went down the road to Smyrna TN to a LaQuinta. We have stayed in Nashville many times in Mt. Juliet and it's beautiful there. What a difference a few miles makes! We did not want to stay there this time because we were going down I-24 and Mt. Juiet is on I-40. Needless to say, this Holiday Inn Express if OFF our list of places to stay in Nashville! Drive the few extra miles out to Mt. Juliet, you won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Deb H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The good: really lovely front desk clerk who went out of his way to welcome me.

The bad: room smelled dank and musty. TV had no sound on NBC so no Summer Olympics viewing. Wifi was weak to nonexistent and I was unable to connect to my office server because it kept dropping out. That is not acceptable for business travelers. I travel all the time and usually stay at Hamptons. The beds and bedding at Hamptons is much better than here. Found hair in my bathtub upon checking in. Ugh.

Surrounding area not great. Did not feel entirely safe at the Walfreens down the street due to a lot of unsavory characters loitering in the parking lot. No real good dining options near the hotel beyond Waffle House. Breakfast not up to par. Too many sugar cereals. OK, that last comment was nitpicking but how hard is it to get a healthy cereal out? I come to Nashville once or twice a year and usually stay closer to the airport for the same price I paid here. I will do that next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms and friendly service. Just what we expected from Holiday Inn Express:)

• Stayed June 2012
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I am currently staying at this property and am very comfortable! We rented a King room which is very spacious. The bed is comfy and the internet works like a dream! The TV has a considerable amount of channels, so we have enjoyed unwinding and having a great selection of channels to surf through! We will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Middleburg, f
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We haved stayed at many HI E's. This is below the standards of others. Booked suite weeks ago. Poor view. Breakfast poor. Everything about place is small

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Robert M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay here! The clientele were sketchy. Can't walk to anything. Very expensive for the crap room.

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Mandelion9,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Barrie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I'd stayed at this location on a previous trip and remembered it being very close to the airport which is great for those early morning departures. What I hadn't remembered was the musty smell in the hallway and rooms (probably because we has checked in quite late then went to a Blues club in Printer's Alley until the wee hours....). It's tolerable for a short overnight stay, but unless they do a thorough cleaning and deoderizing of the carpets, I'd recommend finding another hotel.

The ice maker on the 3rd floor was extremely noisy, I could hear it clunking away from inside my room 1/2 way down the hall !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Beenthereanddidthat,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations which were unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)

Address: 714 Spence Lane, Nashville, TN 37217
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Ranked #76 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) 2.5*
Discover all that Nashville has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24. You are central to everything Nashville- shopping, entertainment, and the major business parks. You are just minutes away from the Nashville Convention Center, the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center, the Sommet Center and LP Field. Getting there has to be fast and convenient too. Only 3.7 miles from the Nashville International Airport and 5 miles from downtown, you ll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Nashville to do. Also, there is easy access to I-40 and I-24. Whether you re coming to Nashville for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24 is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as free wireless Internet, fitness center, plush towels, and luxurious bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. You can enjoy our complimentary Express Start breakfast featuring our delicious signature cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast coffee.We are proud to be a 100% non-smoking hotel. The best of Nashville is waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Nashville - i-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Holiday Inn Nashville
Nashville Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.