“Last Minute Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Hiram, Georgia
“Last Minute Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We arrived in Nashville earlier than planned and could not get a room where we were booked for the weekend. I had tried several other properties and returned back to our original point. I was advised that the Courtyard had rooms. Check in was easy but it would have been great if they had offered a discount on the room due to us not being able to check in at their sister property and the fact that we were only going to be there a few hours. I guess that's the price you pay for visiting the Country Music Capital of the World. he room however was comfortable and the bed slept great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Spootty wi-fi.

Convinient location. I would eat outside, there are plenty restaurants in 2 mile radius.The inside restaurant choices are few and rather bland. Outside pool area is ok for 1 day stay. Vanderbilt U is 7 min away

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NorthbrookB
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are excited to let you know that we just signed a contract to change internet providers in order to give our guests a much better experience. Although the process will take a few weeks, we are optimistic and looking forward to great service. We hope you will give us another opportunity during your next visit to Nashville.
Lakeland, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several years ago and once again Tripadvisor recommended it as a good place to stay. We were not disappointed once again. Hotel lobby is clean and check was fast and friendly. Our king room was on the 17th floor, elevators fast on getting to you when waiting for them. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. We will return for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MSBENNY
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

First off, I made reservation by phone 2 months in advance with hotel reservation clerk and indicated I needed a room with king bed and sofa sleeper for my family of 4. I also, requested that I would need a rollaway bed since I am traveling with 2 teenagers. The clerk indicated that that was fine but rollaways are available on a first come first serve availability and cannot be reserved in advanced. No problem since we were planning on arriving near check in time so I made the reservation with him.
All appeared to be set until I showed up at 4:00 the day of. The desk clerk at check-in appeared to be new at his position and was overwhelmed by customers request with a stack of incomplete reservation forms and post-it notes all over his monitor and keyboard. When I asked for my room with rollaway he looked at me in a blank stare and said they don't allow king/sofa sleeper rooms with rollaways due to fire codes. I explained to him I had a personal conversation with hotel reservation clerk who informed me otherwise and that my reservation with this hotel was based on that room arrangement. He just kept repeated the same "I'm sorry but that's hotel policy". Fortunately, the manager on staff stepped in and reiterated what the clerk had told me but she at least has options for me and my family. Unfortunately, all options required more out of pocket costs. We opted for additional bedding, blankets, and pillows to set up a make-shift bed on the floor for my teen son.
The second part was also comical. When I asked the manager and clerk about shuttle service to downtown, they indicated that the shuttle bus arrives about every hour ($10 pp round trip) out front of hotel and the next one was scheduled to come in 25 minutes. I told them we were interested and would quickly clean-up back at our room and would return to the lobby shortly. 25 minutes later we returned to lobby and waited for bus to show up out front. 10 minutes later I asked the same clerk how soon the shuttle bus was schedule to show up. He indicated the shuttle bus left 30 minutes ago and that the next one wasn't scheduled for another 45 minutes. Again, manager realized their mistake and apologized. Too late the damage was done and so were we.

The one bright spot was at my inquiry the manager did offer us all free breakfast the next day which was very delicious. Will pursue other accommodations options next time we pass thru Nashville.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank william w
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations at check in regarding the rollaway. I have reviewed this with our reservations office to ensure they understand the fire code regulations in Nashville. I understand how frustrating it can be when given inaccurate information. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and your comments will be used to assist in training our front desk team. I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion during your next trip to Nashville.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before over the years on trips to Nashville, Tn. It is always a really nice place to stay at The staff is always very friendly and helpful on directions to different places in Nashville. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean, really nice pool and has a workout room. If you don't feel like going out the little restaurant isn't half bad, they have adult beverage to pick from and have TVs on some of the booths.
Stay here if you can.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lake Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was the first night of 15 on a cross country road trip and our longest day on the road. The staff greeted us very warmly and provided us with a room with a Queen bed rather than 2 doubles as was reserved. The bartender was very gracious. This was a great start to what turned out to be a great vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
So glad we were able to help you relax and rejuvinate during your trip! Have a great time and come see us when you are back in the area!
Decatur, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we would be venturing downtown. They had a shuttle that went downtown every hour and the last pick up downtown was 2:30am - $10 round trip; awesome!!! The two front desk gentlemen were great and very friendly. The rooms were clean and nice. We were traveling with another room and they said they would adjoin them but ending up putting them on the forth floor.
Just be careful if you are doing a park and fly; our car got broken into (while parked under a light, right outside a door) the last night we were there. I went to the front desk because I wanted to watch the parking lot video footage. THE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE CAMERAS ON THE PARKING LOT! Very frustrating! What parking lot doesn't have cameras let alone a park and fly?!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Julie J
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your response. We are happy you were pleased with our easy access to Downtown Nashville and all that it has to offer, and hope you had an enjoyable time. We regret your trip was soured by the incident with your car. Incidents like this are extremely rare. We take guest safety and security very seriously and do all that we can to ensure a comfortable and worry free stay. We appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Nashville and hope you will visit again soon.