“Second Time To Stay Here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet Access
Ranked #42 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Lakeland, TN
“Second Time To Stay Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several years ago and once again Tripadvisor recommended it as a good place to stay. We were not disappointed once again. Hotel lobby is clean and check was fast and friendly. Our king room was on the 17th floor, elevators fast on getting to you when waiting for them. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. We will return for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

First off, I made reservation by phone 2 months in advance with hotel reservation clerk and indicated I needed a room with king bed and sofa sleeper for my family of 4. I also, requested that I would need a rollaway bed since I am traveling with 2 teenagers. The clerk indicated that that was fine but rollaways are available on a first come first serve availability and cannot be reserved in advanced. No problem since we were planning on arriving near check in time so I made the reservation with him.
All appeared to be set until I showed up at 4:00 the day of. The desk clerk at check-in appeared to be new at his position and was overwhelmed by customers request with a stack of incomplete reservation forms and post-it notes all over his monitor and keyboard. When I asked for my room with rollaway he looked at me in a blank stare and said they don't allow king/sofa sleeper rooms with rollaways due to fire codes. I explained to him I had a personal conversation with hotel reservation clerk who informed me otherwise and that my reservation with this hotel was based on that room arrangement. He just kept repeated the same "I'm sorry but that's hotel policy". Fortunately, the manager on staff stepped in and reiterated what the clerk had told me but she at least has options for me and my family. Unfortunately, all options required more out of pocket costs. We opted for additional bedding, blankets, and pillows to set up a make-shift bed on the floor for my teen son.
The second part was also comical. When I asked the manager and clerk about shuttle service to downtown, they indicated that the shuttle bus arrives about every hour ($10 pp round trip) out front of hotel and the next one was scheduled to come in 25 minutes. I told them we were interested and would quickly clean-up back at our room and would return to the lobby shortly. 25 minutes later we returned to lobby and waited for bus to show up out front. 10 minutes later I asked the same clerk how soon the shuttle bus was schedule to show up. He indicated the shuttle bus left 30 minutes ago and that the next one wasn't scheduled for another 45 minutes. Again, manager realized their mistake and apologized. Too late the damage was done and so were we.

The one bright spot was at my inquiry the manager did offer us all free breakfast the next day which was very delicious. Will pursue other accommodations options next time we pass thru Nashville.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations at check in regarding the rollaway. I have reviewed this with our reservations office to ensure they understand the fire code regulations in Nashville. I understand how frustrating it can be when given inaccurate information. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and your comments will be used to assist in training our front desk team. I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion during your next trip to Nashville.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before over the years on trips to Nashville, Tn. It is always a really nice place to stay at The staff is always very friendly and helpful on directions to different places in Nashville. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean, really nice pool and has a workout room. If you don't feel like going out the little restaurant isn't half bad, they have adult beverage to pick from and have TVs on some of the booths.
Stay here if you can.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lake Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was the first night of 15 on a cross country road trip and our longest day on the road. The staff greeted us very warmly and provided us with a room with a Queen bed rather than 2 doubles as was reserved. The bartender was very gracious. This was a great start to what turned out to be a great vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad we were able to help you relax and rejuvinate during your trip! Have a great time and come see us when you are back in the area!
Decatur, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we would be venturing downtown. They had a shuttle that went downtown every hour and the last pick up downtown was 2:30am - $10 round trip; awesome!!! The two front desk gentlemen were great and very friendly. The rooms were clean and nice. We were traveling with another room and they said they would adjoin them but ending up putting them on the forth floor.
Just be careful if you are doing a park and fly; our car got broken into (while parked under a light, right outside a door) the last night we were there. I went to the front desk because I wanted to watch the parking lot video footage. THE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE CAMERAS ON THE PARKING LOT! Very frustrating! What parking lot doesn't have cameras let alone a park and fly?!

• Stayed April 2014
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your response. We are happy you were pleased with our easy access to Downtown Nashville and all that it has to offer, and hope you had an enjoyable time. We regret your trip was soured by the incident with your car. Incidents like this are extremely rare. We take guest safety and security very seriously and do all that we can to ensure a comfortable and worry free stay. We appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Nashville and hope you will visit again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed three times in one month at this hotel.

Hit—Close to the airport in a location with basic amenities (drugs stores, fast food) and only 10 minutes from Opry Mills. Prompt airport shuttle. Operations Manager and front desk helped when there was a change in travel plans. King room is a nice size. Nice lobby and lounge areas. Early breakfast during military drill weekend. I am not in the military but appreciated this gesture.

Miss—Despite renovations, the hotel is still a little dated in the non public areas. Walls are paper thin. You can hear conversations clearly through the room walls and the doors are loud. Not much of a private business center. The “Starbucks” is in name only. Twice I saw people return coffee and chi tea that was cold. And I once returned coffee once. One morning I ordered the dark and the next the Blonde roast. They tasted exactly the same. When I asked them to make sure they gave me the correct order, the attendant pointed to the carafe with the Blonde label and said she was shore I had the right thing. The label does not mean they actually brewed the correct coffee or put it in the correct carafe. I am not a big Starbucks fan, but do expect a higher level of service if this is supposed to be a Starbucks.

Tip—Overall, the rate with a free breakfast and Opry Mills coupon book is a good deal but note that their idea of a free breakfast is that you get to pick a breakfast sandwich with a drink from the Bistro menu.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony or patio which could be a security concern. Highest floor is 4th. RM...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMLeslie, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team to improve our service for all our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity during your next trip to Nashville.

Leslie Smith
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you have stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott before, this is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less. It was comfortable, clean, offered good service, set up well for business, and had free WiFi and parking. No complaints. That said, the breakfast is not complimentary.

Being retired, for my type of travel, I enjoy Marriott's Fairfield Inns and TownPlace Suites a little better because they offer more for less. But I don't have a need to be pampered. It's simply a matter of preference. And I have come to trust all Marriott facilities generally speaking depending on what the nature of my travel is.

Room Tip: Nothing bad. It just seems like the more expensive that hotels are, the less complimentary things t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!