“Friendly staff, room was fine, very sketchy area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay & Save 15%
Ranked #88 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Friendly staff, room was fine, very sketchy area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had no real issues with the hotel itself, the front staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, decent amenities but the area itself seems not so safe at all and I'm not even a fearful person by nature. Lots of people just wandering around back and forth through the parking lot or just sitting in their cars for some reason all hours of the night. Lots of people just hanging out in front of the rooms or on the stairs for hours. Could not tell if all these people were hotel patrons or not. Felt like I might be robbed or worse when going outside of the room. Be alert if you stay here and watch your belongings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JusticeAB
abvisouthnashville, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our rooms. I’m sorry you felt unsafe. You can be sure that this a completely safe area, plus we have security and other measures, of course, to ensure the safety our guests. Our goal is to provide a 100 percent pleasant experience for all guests, and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of that goal in any way.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night and chose because it allowed my large dog to stay with me. The hotel wasn't the best but it was decent and I felt safe. Room was clean, but dated. It is noisy- right off the highway/airport and in a busy Latino area. There is definitely worse out there! You get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Melissa M
abvisouthnashville, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at our pet-friendly hotel. I’m pleased that you experienced a decent stay, but I apologize that we could not exceed your expectations. We focus on providing a quiet, comfortable experience, and we satisfy hundreds every month. I’m sorry we couldn’t completely do the same for you and hope you’ll stay again nonetheless.

Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay, the reviews were mixed and the pictures looked ok..... But on arrival OMG the kitchen was dirty the lobby was dirty and after walking past a person on the balcony who appeared drunk we found our room with dents in the front door, the room was disgusting and smelt vile, we told the manager we would not be staying and they told us we would have to pay for the first night, we phone booking. com who said they would email the manager to find out about a refund, after a row we got the refund and left, never would I stay in such a horrible place.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tracey M
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not staying with us. I sincerely apologize that the first impression you got of our hotel caused you to cancel your reservation. I hope you found nice accommodations elsewhere. We satisfy dozens of guests each week, but I’m truly sorry that we didn’t have the chance to serve you. We’re always changing and improving and would welcome you again if given the chance.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here four nights. Room was clean, and we were able to park right outside the door which made loading and unloading a snap. We were on a mission to see as much of Nashville as possible in four days and on a budget! Mission accomplished! We just needed a place to sleep and this worked out perfect! The only negative was that it was close to the airport and close to the freeway. It is not a quiet location, which was easily rectified by turning on the A/C for white noise. Problem solved!!! Staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. I would book this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Try and get a first floor room if you have alot to load/unload
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Joseph I
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments and for staying multiple nights. I’m so pleased we could serve you. Our location is a plus for many guests, but I’m sorry if it detracted from your stay in any ways. I hope you will nonetheless stay with us again when in the area so we can make you feel welcome again. We look forward to having you with us many times in the future.

Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I travel a lot and I am use to different sceneries and cultures. This is not the most relaxed location, but it is a good spot just to gather you while feeling some security. The furnishings are out dated and the space is tight but it was clean. This is an airport area so you have airplane noise and highway noise (very busy area). This is also a Latino community, so it is very colorful with great Latino themed businesses, along with a Jack N the Box and a Hooters within walking distance. They offered free use of computer and printer, WIFI was okay, and grab and take breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Meredith C
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased that you found a good deal staying with us. Our goal is to satisfy customers, and it sounds like you were completely satisfied. We take real pride in our hotel and in the wonderful neighborhood around us. I know many guests enjoy it. We look forward to having you with us again whenever you’re in the Nashville area.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. If you're looking for a hotel with lots of perks-go elsewhere; however if you're looking for an economical hotel that's clean, convenient, & has an efficient
staff, this is the place. The rooms are small, but each has a refrigerator & microwave. Beds are not plush, but comfortable. There is some airport noise. The breakfast consisted of cereal, bananas, donuts , muffins & toast. You can get into town in about 15 minutes. It has no airport transportation & there are limited restaurants nearby. It more than met our needs & we had a party of 8.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lilvt
Dear Guest,

Thanks for bringing your large group to our hotel and for staying five days with us. I’m glad we provided you the good value you deserve. We take pride in offering great rooms with decent amenities at prices that are unmatched in the area. Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope you and your group can come visit again. You’re welcome here anytime.

Cookeville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

First off, the highway noise and the airplanes taking off don't bother me at all. But the 1/2 eaten quart of pinto beans with a spoon, in the fridge, does bother me. The room was half assed cleaned. Found hairs on the top sheet. My wife had to clean the bathroom and tub before use. Luckily we had some cleaning supplies in our van.
Only positive thing is the large Flatt screen TV & the water pressure is really good.
Next time we will just sleep in our Dodge caravan & save $60.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank William G
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that you experienced a lapse in housekeeping. We take great pride in this hotel and apologize that a staffing issue caused us to make a bad impression at the time of your stay. This has been resolved, and we hope you’ll give us another chance to show you how we satisfy hundreds of people each month.