“Not too shabby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Not too shabby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

As the title says, the ClubHouse Inn is not too shabby. I am a tough critic, though, so allow me to point out to you benefits & drawbacks of this hotel.

First of all, this hotel has lots of perks, and more than I would typically expect from a hotel in its price range. The lobby & reception area is very nice. There are lots of separate sitting areas, some with tables, so even large parties will have room to congregate. Coffee & popcorn is served throughout the day. Vending & soda machines are also available. A hot breakfast is served in the common area from 6am-9am daily. During my stay, a typical breakfast included biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage links, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk and coffee. You get a nice variety, but don't expect it taste great. It's flavorless and some of the hot items were room temp.

There's a pool & hot tub. The pool is situated in a nice, private, well-maintained courtyard area, while the hot tub is located in its own room which looks out into the courtyard area. Fresh towels are available in this room as well. Two gazebos with picnic tables are perched near the pool in the courtyard. Grills are available nearby for guest use as well. Both the pool & hot tub (and surrounding areas) are very nice and well-kept. (See my pictures.)

Now for the rooms! During my stay, my room was appropriate. Nothing out of place or dreadful, but nothing too fancy either. Everything was clean. I had a king bed room, which includes a mini-fridge & microwave. I had a desk with wireless internet access. The air conditioner worked well. I would say the only complaint I have is that I wish the bathrooms had been a bit fresher. I saw a couple mystery stains (maybe rust or bodily fluids) but this is almost unavoidable with any hotel you go to. (See my pictures for examples.)

As for the location of the hotel, well, it's great if you have a vehicle at your disposal. It's situated just off the interstate, and you can get to most anywhere within minutes in a car with a GPS. But if you're staying in Nashville for the entertainment (Opry, etc.) and prefer to walk wherever you go, then this is not the place for you. It is definitely not within walking distance of the attractions, restaurants or shopping. So this may be a factor you'll want to consider when making a reservation. The hotel does offer a hotel shuttle, but don't expect it to take you anywhere else! Hotel only.

A "Manager's Reception" is held daily (except Sundays) from 5p-7p. Beer, wine & softdrinks provided complimentary. That's about all I can think of. See my pictures for a visual of The ClubHouse Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Hilton Head
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

This is a hotel that caters to young groups. Spoke with GM Ted Diehlman and he says that "this is business as usually, ... Sometimes you have to wait an hour ... no problem serving 350 in three hours". Ya, no problem serving 350, if you have the facilities for it - NOT this place. I certainly do not fault the young folks staying here, most are extremely well-behaved. But for business folks not being told about the situation is unacceptable. "Manager's Reception" and "Hot morning breakfast" are a joke. Anyone want to wait in line for an hour and then not have a place to sit?? AND on your walk down the hall, you need to divert around vomit (this is un-excusable).

Strange for a GM to be on duty at 6 am, but he should have offered some compensation for the inconvenience. Ted would make a better night manager for a EconoLodge. Certainly not the kind of GM, I would desire to be working for me.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

We stayed in this hotel on our way through Nashville to visit family for Thanksgiving. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. The location is very good for access to the Nashville airport, as well as the Grand Ole Opry and other Nashville attractions. We enjoyed the full-breakfast and the indoor hot-tub spa (too cold for the outdoor pool -- brrrr). Overall, a good stay, and we would recommend it.

• Liked — Location, full-breakfast
  • Disliked — Spotty wi-fi coverage in room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed at the Clubhouse Inn and Suites on August 24th for 5 nights. The staff were great and they had a wonderful hot breakfast (only complaint on that is I wish they served later than 9am) We had a room overlooking the pool and courtyard, it was a nice place to sit and relax with lots of outdoor lighting so we could enjoy it in the evening as well. The rooms were very spacious. The managers reception was a real treat. We got written directions to opry and downtown, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would definitly stay here again next time we go to Nashville!

Stayed August 2008
hamilton, on
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

The hotel overall is ok. Convienent location to Opryland. The buffet breakfast was great if you are looking to save money by not having to buy a hot breakfast. Everything was in working order and you had your share of cereals, fruit, juices, biscuits, sausage/bacon, pancakes, scrambled eggs - good deal. The manager's cocktail was great too! Free drinks, who cares if they come in plastic glasses?? Free drinks and beer! As well they had munchies out to help tide you over till a later dinner time. The rooms were larger and therefore I personally did not hear other guests coming and going because the beds are located away from the door. In any hotel you are going to hear people bc people tend to forget that others are sleeping when they aren't. Rude, but thats part of hotel life. Please try to be quiet when you are coming and going folks! The hotel is clean, no complaints there, the only downside is that there are no mini fridges in the regular rooms (most hotels have that now and was expecting it as we had diabetic insulin to keep cold.) The toilet wasn't working all that great, we could easily fix it so we never bothered to call. They closed the pool for 2 full days to provide chemical treatment. Why they didn't do that in the evening I don't know but there were a couple of disappointed families there who were looking forward to swimming with their kids. I was able to make other alternatives to find a pool but in over 96 degree weather, the pool being closed was a major disappointment. I realize it needs to be treated but treating it overnight would be a better idea in order to keep guests happy. Overall, a clean hotel used by many airline personal like pilots and stewards coming and going, great value for the breakfast if you want to save money each day on that but not a hotel I would choose otherwise.

• Liked — the free extras
  • Disliked — the pool being closed and it is an older hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

To begin we were not given the rooms we reserved they said were sorry were full and we can't gaurantee your rooms{I thought this was what reservations were for} We had 3 rooms on Thurs. and 4 on Fri. The staff was very snotty. The people sitting outside getting drunk and carring on kept my parents awake all night. I was charged $400 for smoking when i didnt smoke in the rooms, I specificaly stressed to everyone they were NOT to smoke as I didn't want to be charged. We sat on the stoop outside the patio door or by the pool to smoke. There were cockroaches crawling on the wall outside my room, told the maintance man the room smelled like something burning he asked if the bathroom vanity light was flicking because they have a problem with that, someone was given a key to my sons room they walked in with him sitting in it, the bathroom door lock and window lock were broke in the other room, the hot tub was out of service the whole time we were there. the room my son rented was the room my parents refused to take because it smelled like cigars and they don't smoke. We were carrying our luggage out and were locked out of our rooms at 10:30 had to get cards rekeyed to get in were told yeah we have a problem with that. There was no screen door on our sliding glass door so bugs can get inside. Now I see why this is no longer listed in the AAA books !

• Liked — the pool area
  • Disliked — room security
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
hotelclub, General Manager at Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 8, 2008
The Guest Did in fact smoke in the the room the housekeeping staff found cigarettes butts in the room, If you put your key near a cell phone or credit card it will erase the key card
The hot tub is some times closed for repairs and treatment.
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

Oh.. where to begin with this hotel?

First a bunch of kids were there for some sort of party. We had to have them kicked out (not really the hotel's fault, and they did do a good job of taking care of it, but when it was mentioned in the morning we were brushed off with that because it was a holiday (4th of July weekend) that was to be expected)

The walls were paper thin. The doors slammed shut if you didn't hold them and it seemed everyone did that at 6am, and it isn't just annoying it actually woke us up that's how loud it was. We could everything everyone was saying that's how thin the walls were

Their "hot breakfast" was interesting. The juice machine was completely broken, there was no juice at all. milk and water were the drink choices and then the milk was gone. Yum..warm water. Cereal machines didn't work, the biscuits and pancakes were cold.

I'm all set not to have to go back

• Liked — Umm... it had a nice courtyard
  • Disliked — See my review!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!