“disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Wellsburg, West Virginia
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is currently going through renovations which was quite an inconvenience. Upon arriving, our toilet needed plunged, while drying our hair a fuse blew in our room, my aunt and uncle's room key did not work 3 days in a row, and when we needed fresh linens and toilet paper we were told we had to come and get it! The breakfast was really good, and the happy hour was as well, except for running out of meat and cheese! we were also charged for making long distance calls when calling for a taxi, so read your invoice before leaving! we won't be staying there again! oh and they don't have rollaways!!

Room Tip: suite with a king bed was ok
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Palatine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Although this hotel is going through some major renovation, I really liked this place. The lobby is completely closed off so you have to detour around the building to check in. The place is really torn up at the moment, but you can see the potential by what has been done so far. The rooms were spacious and ours opened onto a 1st floor patio by the pool. Being Feb. the pool wasn't opened but would be wonderful during the warmer months. We had a flat screen TV, fold out couch, nice bed linens and towels, easy WiFi, exceptional toiletries including mouthwash. Free hot breakfest buffet that was delicious with bacon and fresh fruit. This hotel also offered a free evening reception from 5-7 pm with open bar and a nice assortment of appetizers . It's right off 155. I would definitely stay again if ever in the Nashville area.

Room Tip: The hotels borders the expressway, so I would be careful about requesting a court yard room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

These days alot of hotel chains - heck, all of 'em - get this samey-samey feel to them. The consistancy is what makes us go back over and over: you know what to expect and seldom does a chain hotel deviate from their formula.

The Club Hotel has that same average (read: not bad, not super-duper, but good, basic, average) chain hotel feel without the price tag alot of the major chains seems to want to get just down the street.

The location is excellent - near enough to the airport (within 5 miles) to be very close without hearing planes all day and night, and near enough to downtown Nashville (6 miles i think) to be able to breeze in there pretty easily.

One of the connector highways runs right behind the hotel, so some truck noise during the night was evident, but like in a distant thunder murmer kind of way, not anything to keep anyone awake.

The ammenities in the room were basic, we didn't explore the hotel per se and missed breakfast but nothing told me it was more than something you'd find at (those chain places).

But: Clean, close, and inexpensive. Go ahead: make the call!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a good hotel. We had a large twin room (usual twin double beds) and really couldn't fault the accomodation in any way. Breakfast was great and the best thing was the free drinks and food buffet each evening! The staff were friendly and warm, and our room was spotlessly clean. For us the major drawback was that we don't drive, and this hotel was MILES from everything! We spent a MASSIVE amount of spending money on taxis, even just shopping at the nearest mall was a £30 ride away! It would have been a great help if the hotel could have provided a shuttle to some of the attractions even. When I enquired about public transport the staff just laughed at me as if I was crazy. There is apparently one bus an hour but it takes an hour to go downtown since it goes all round the houses, and no-one could even give me information on it anyway! I would recommend this hotel if you have a hire car, but otherwise try and stay somewhere nearer downtown. Over a 4 nt visit we spent over $200 on taxi fares.

Room Tip: Our room had a little balcony and overlooked the pool which was nice, although frosty in December!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chester NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is in the airport neighborhood right off 155. Across the street from a Doubletree. This whole area is full of hotels and resturants of many types. About 10 miles from The Hermitage.
I used Hotwire to book. It was rated as a 3-star with 80% approval of Hotwire users. I got a rate of 55.00 and after tax and fees came to 71.00. The building is undergoing renovation which is badly needs. The common areas are run down a bit. This is why I gave it average rating. The room I was given was redone and in good shape. Plenty of room, microwave, mini fridge, flat screen, nice big bathroom 2 queen size beds. They offer free cocktail hour with booze,beer,wine and snacks. from 5-7. Free country buffet breakfast with a lot of choice. Parking and internet is included. There is no elevator and they have 3 floors so if you have heavy bags that is a drawback. I would stay again if the price was right!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My advice, keep looking. The Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites is not what it once was. Sure, in the past it was a great deal. Now it is not that at all. To start, customer service is poor. I arrive and go to check-in and there are two employees at the front desk that seemed bothered by the fact that I was checking in. So, the next morning I go to get the free breakfast, it was awful. I don't know what has happened to this place. It is sad that a once hidden jem, is now a poorly ran hotel. Oh, and if you are flying out in the morning, hope your flight doesn't leave early. the shuttle does not leave until 7:00am.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here one night...our first visit to Nashville. I used their website to book online and paid the extra $10 for an inside patio room. The day before we arrived I called to book one more room. When we checked in they gave us 2 outside rooms. The night time clerk said she would need to charge us the extra $10 to get the inside rooms. Thankfully, I had the print out of my confirmation email that showed the patio room and they did give us the rooms. The rooms are updated but there was a small piece of missing carpet where maybe a closet door used to be. The carpets also looked like they had not been vacuumed in a loooonnng time. They are doing renovations on the lobby and breakfast area so check in is in a strange place and breakfast is in a cramped small room. The hallways were dirty and a little smelly. The room was clean (except for the carpet). The breakfast was not great...I have had better hotel buffet breakfasts at the chain hotels. So, I guess for a cheap rate it was acceptable. I really hope they are also planning on renovating the hallways.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!