“Pet friendly wonderfulness” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Charleston, South Carolina
“Pet friendly wonderfulness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Traveling through and needed reasonably priced hotel for couple with 2 dogs and a cat. We all had good night's slumber and were back on the road with complimentary coffee at checkout! Thank you. Location perfect, off Interstate and beside restaurants and gas stations. Also bonus was ample parking for vehicle towing trailer, quiet room, and ice machine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Hello, we would like to thank you for your feedback.We are glad that you and your four legged babies enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon! Mgmt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I attempted to stay here with my wife and 2 children while visiting Nashville. At the time my daughter was young and required a tub bath. Well the room we got had a shower stall only. I wont even begin on how run down the place seemed. There were people that looked like residents of the place in the back part of the building working on their cars. We did have bug issues. We decided to get our money back after walking into the room and seeing what we had paid for. We found another place for the night. It was in a good location, but I sure would have expected more than the run down place we attempted to stay. Like I said, If your a single person, just passing through and need a place to lay your head and shower, this is for you. Myself, with a family, I would prefer someplace a little cleaner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello I wanted to respond to your review. From the information that was sent with your review it looks like you stayed last year in 2013. We are under new management and are a work in progress and we hope you will return and give us another try.

Mgmt.
Wheeling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was originally supposed to only spend 5 nights; however I decided to go to CMA Festival a day earlier. I went to the hotel and asked if I could see one of the rooms before checking in. The lady at the front desk was very accommodating and very nice. She let me see a room before I decided to go there. I went and checked out the room and saw it was a basic room but was pleasantly surprised it had a microwave and fridge in it. For price, I decided to just go ahead and check into the hotel a day early. After immediately paying for my hotel for the week, I went to go get my bags and to check into my room. Came back and there was a millipede in the shower! EEK!! I thought okay, it's just a rare occasion. NOPE! I ended up killing several spiders and millipedes during my stay. Overall, you get what you pay for. The perks: Price, room size, fridge, and microwave, comfortable bed, quiet rooms, and short 10 min drive into downtown. NonPerks: Free bugs, filthy carpets, holes in sheets (non smoking room), sandpaper feeling towels, and on some days no free soap. However, I do have to say that the day time staff were exceptionally nice and the cleaning folks were nice as well. Scrub the hotel up and get rid of the bugs, and this would be a nice affordable motel.

Room Tip: Choose top level. Less noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello! Thank you for you positive and not so positive comments and feedback.We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us,we are a work in progress and are working diligently to correct the problem areas of our hotel.We do look forward to seeing you again next year!

Norwich, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights during the 2014 CMA Music Festival and were not happy. The area was nice, good location close to stores and restaurants and only 10 minutes from downtown Nashville. The furnishings in the room were nice and the front desk staff was great, but overall it was not a nice place. We saw multiple spiders, roly polys, and millipedes in the room (#119), and a roach just outside our door. An acquaintance staying there at the same time had to leave due to a roach infestation in her room. Additionally, the room was very run down and damp. Our clothing and any cardboard in the room was wet, even with the A/C running constantly. The carpet needs replacing and the bedspread was full of cigarette burn holes (we were in a non-smoking room). The bathroom door would not open or shut because it was catching on the tile and the bottom of that door was falling apart because of it. The corners of the bathroom and the vent were very dirty. The sink was missing the top part of the drain stopper and the TV remote was disgusting! The lighting in the room wasn't adequate either. It was just a dingy room and we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here. Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I remember speaking with you at check out. As I explained to you then we are sprayed monthly by our pest control company.We do not have roaches that was a water bug as we sit near a lake and due to the fact that our rooms are exterior rooms we cannot control roly polys and milipedes from getting into the rooms.We try but can't control every single one.Also to address the dampness, your room had a new air conditioner between that and the humidity that causes the dampness that you mentioned.If given the opportunity during your week stay we would most certainly tried to fix the situation to make your stay with us more comfortable if it had been brought to our attention during your stay rather than at check out.

Mgmt.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very friendly staff, clean and affordable. Room could use update but wasn't bad. Convenient location aroused the street from restaurants and shopping center. We're from New York visiting for CMA fest and absolutely loved it. Try sals pizza across the street!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello! Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again real soon!

Guntown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After a few years ago having the worst hotel experience of my life at a Motel 6 I vowed to never stay at one again. Well at the last minute I decided to go to CMA Fest in Nashville and this one was the only one I could find that I could afford. I dreaded it. What a surprise! The room was spotless! Oh of course it was a no frills room but it was decent and clean. The mattress quality was good. I had 2 comfortable night sleep. I saw one tear in the comforter, but that was no big deal. The location is close to Nashville but away from all the lights and noise. If I had one complaint it was the towels. They were small and rough! If you are looking for a comfortable night's rest and a hot shower without the added frills or cost this is the one!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello, Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay during the CMA week. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Thank you!

MGMT
Ball Ground
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We are staying now. The room is decent. What we expected. For the price good. But we have a refrigerator in our room per our expectations. We are here here for five days and expected to eat in the room some. It did not work and the front desk says the GM says that they are not required to do anything about refrigerators. so we are out of luck. Not a good impression. Did not offer anything instead. Disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
staci h, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello! We would like to thank you for staying with us the week of the CMA's. We do apologize that your refrigerator did not work in your room.We would have gladely moved your room or given you another refrigerator if we had it to give but unfortunately we were sold out and had no extra rooms or refrigerators.We also do not guarantee microwaves and fridges.We do hope that despite the problem with the refrigerator that you will be our guest again and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Mgmt

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!