“Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Buckeye Lake
“Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here and its really not to bad. The Wi-Fi works great. The people are very nice. they seem to have a good selection of rooms. There's coffee in the morning and the rooms are pretty clean. 1 thing I do notice is that the hot water is not very hot. I'm not to sure why but I would like it allot hotter?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
staci h, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Motel 6. We have noted your concern about the water and have let our maintenance team know. We hope to see you again soon.

Staci Hunter
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel was ok, it would have been better if it had been the price I thought it was. Priceline has begun to get over on people. From the looks of the outside, you wouldn't have thought it would have been about anything but the inside was good. The fridge didn't work and no cups or coffee maker no breakfast offered. No toiletettes such as shampoo, only soap. It was further than I thought. I had 12 miles to get to TSU but it was closer to LP Field. The price was really not a discount because one adult was 55.95 like I thought I was geting and two adults was 59.99, which there was no where on the booking that asked about how many adults and children. The regular hotel price was only 61.95 and $65. Priceline usually gives me the complete total, this time they left the taxes of. Priceline gave me a total of $59.99. There was an elevator which was convenient and there were plenty of stores and gas stations across the street. It was a nice location. It was really good for just one day and a weekend stay, especially since the prices were so high for homecoming weekend. I had non smoking double bed room and someone had been outside the room smoking because a cigarette was left on the ledge. My total ended up being $70.94. The staff was friendly she was the one that told me about the prices.

Room Tip: Near the Nashville International Airport
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here September 27 through Oct 1 nothing fancy just a good room at a good price and nice people run the place. Quiet and peaceful,slept soundly every night,felt safe. Plenty of restaurants nearby, easy access to the interstates, downtown is just a hop skip and a jump

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The rooms are very clean and good for the price paid $65. Some minor repairs would make a difference chipped paint etc. Very basic, no shampoo just soap. There is a very nice car that picks up from airport but if you don't have a car a bit inconvenient from downtown. The staff could not have been nicer allowing an early check in and a late checkout when my flights were messed up. A big thank you to Samantha and
Stacie for taking care of all the issues during my trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest motel 6's. I'm assuming because it used to be Best Western. We stayed 6/27-6/28/13

We had a handicap room. I was a bit surprised there was a tub instead of a shower only area. How is a wheelchair able to get into a tub... No bench or anything.

My husband checked us in, I found it rude and none of her business as to why he wanted a room with two beds. He clearly stated two adults, his kids and dog. Why ask what the other bed is for... Our dog. Perhaps they need to train staff or get more mature people to handle the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013
staci h, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at our property in Nashville,TN. We love to hear from all our guest. We hope next time your traveling through the Nashville,TN area you will come be our guest again!

Mgmt
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This facility is like no other Motel 6 I've ever stayed. Instead of being cheap and cheerful, I got drab and pricey. I paid $95 plus tax for each room I booked (2) and no one room was better than the other. This is more of a "weekly/monthly rates" type of motel, rather than one that caters to the traveler or vacationer. The bed-linen had cigarette burns, the hallways smelled of urine and had the stains to prove it, one of my party awoke to bugs crawling on her, and another member of my party had to fix the broken toilet himself to avoid an embarrassing situation. The entire place had a very seedy, down-at-heel feel to it, and the best part of the stay was departure. I spoke to the Day Manager regarding the one room that was buggy and had a malfunctioning toilet. She stated she would get back to me after speaking to the owners. That was two and a half weeks ago, and I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Go across the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
staci h, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay here at our hotel. We are under new management and we are working very diligently to work on all problem areas. I remember speaking to you briefly that morning about the problems with one of your rooms, we would have gladly moved you to another room had we known of the issues you were having and given the opportunity to do so. I have refunded your card and hope that if your ever in the Nashville,TN area again that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Mgmt
Oeiras, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I felt like heaven here after sleeping in other motels along my trip from chicago. Nice and clean, was quiet and for a low budget it can't go wrong. Warm bath and clean towels. Nice parking lot and a price is a steal compared to the other motels around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!