“Good coffee, fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frothy Monkey

Frothy Monkey
2509 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37204 (Bellmont/Hillsboro)
+1 615-292-1808
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Description: Frothy Monkey is the breakfast through dinner coffeehouse feat. Creative folks using local ingredients to prepare original dishes served in a cozy and approachable atmosphere. This location offers breakfast, brunch every day, kids menu, lunch + dinner with a expanded beverage offerings including coffeehouse standards as well as craft beer, wine, mimosas + bloody mary's.
Bakersfield, California
“Good coffee, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I made it my mission to try as many local coffee houses as I could on my first trip to Nashville. I give Frothy Monkey two thumbs up, and a promise to return if I can on my next trip! First of all, I LOVED the atmosphere inside and out, I felt comfortable bringing my kids and my stroller and hanging out while we waited for and sipped on our coffee. I love that there was an option for the non-coffee drinking members of our group (my husband said the bottled chocolate milk from a local dairy was seriously amazing. And I love that the coffee was STRONG and tasty great as well. I felt like it was pretty unpretentious, which is nice in a hipster trendy coffee house as this seemed to be. I was happy to find a gem on the long list of places I had to try during my recent visit!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“How can a "coffeehouse" have bad coffee?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went here for late lunch. The food was decent and even the atmosphere was nice. However, for a "coffeehouse" the coffee was horrible! The first cup tasted so bad I took it back (which I rarely ever do). Since they had two types of coffee brewed I asked to try the other coffee. I thought maybe the coffee somehow would be better. I finished my meal, but ultimately paid for coffee I was unable to drink because of the poor taste. Maybe it was the time of day I went in and the coffee was old? I don't know. All I know is I'll never go back. It was THAT bad. I am a serious coffee drinker…so serious in fact I researched it online before I went and was so disappointed I walked out and tried coffee at Puckett's down the street. And I bought two bags of coffee…because their coffee was better. So if you want cute surroundings or you drink something other than regular coffee, maybe this place is for you.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good coffee and brunch. Long wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This is your typical nashville coffee house. They have fantastic coffee and brunch items but you will almost always be greeted by a line. I am not really into waiting 20 minutes for a cup of coffee but if you are a serious coffee drinker this is your spot. People are friendly and laid back atmosphere. If you want to have great coffee and get to set down quickly go to the perch.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Serious coffee drinkers only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are expecting Starbucks type of drinks then this is not the place for you. If you want an authentic macchiato then you should try it. Cookies were very good. Good atmosphere and friendly knowledgeable staff. Coffee snobs would enjoy.

Houston, Texas
“Good atmosphere and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

You walk up, you order and you pick a table! The food was fresh and delicious and it had the coffee house community vibe! I really enjoyed myself there!

Visited March 2014