“Good food at reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse

Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse
2509 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37204 (Bellmont/Hillsboro)
(615) 292-1808
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 1,724 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Wine Bar, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Bellmont/Hillsboro
Description: Frothy Monkey is the breakfast through dinner coffeehouse feat. Creative folks using local ingredients to prepare original dishes served in a cozy and approachable atmosphere. This location offers breakfast, brunch every day, kids menu, lunch + dinner with a expanded beverage offerings including coffeehouse standards as well as craft beer, wine, mimosas + bloody marys.
Tennessee, USA
“Good food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We liked the food. It was reasonably priced and it was very good. The people are friendly. Don't expect it to be fancy.

Visited July 2013

New York
“Nothing but a disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner had a cheese and bacon biscuit which seemed hopelessly undercooked, didn't hold together and lacked flavour. After I looked at muffins and confirming the sign which indicated that it was an apple muffin, it turned out to be banana which I didn't like. Instead I ordered toast for which they charged me despite their initial error and the toast arrived untoasted. They brought a cappuchino to ameliorate the situtation, but as I had previously ordered black coffee, as that's what I drink I was neither able to appreciate nor partake of the offering. Totally negative experience

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Swansea, United Kingdom
“MONKEY BUSINESS GREAT FOR BRUNCH!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We decided to drive to the Frothy Monkey after reading reviews on line and it was also mentioned in our guide book.
We were visiting from the UK, and wanted to find more unusual coffee shops and restaurants, rather than just stick to Downtown Nashville.
Frothy Monkey is in the trendy 12 South District (Belmont Uni area, I think) and it's a bungalow with hardwood floors and free Wi-Fi. It was very trendy with plenty of people on laptops.
I had scrambled eggs, bacon and toast whilst my daughter had a tuna sandwich. We did have coffee but I don't remember which one now!
It was a really chilled, relaxed place and we really enjoyed our brunch. Staff were very friendly as well.
There are a couple of boutiques, also in houses, in the same street that are worth a visit too. Moda (I think that was the name) was right next door. A bit expensive but I got some lovely candles which were very cheap, plus local Honey which is a vintage boutique.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Funky cold tea!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by the frothy monkey on a hot july afternoon after visiting the corner guitar shop. Wanted something refreshing - employee suggested freshly brewed eucalyptus tea... Hubby had serene green tea iced! They were both great... Light & cool! Will stop here next time we are in the neighborhood!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville
“Turtle Latte was Da Bomb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for some java before dinner on Saturday evening. This was our first visit to the trendy 12 South District and our first experience at The Frothy Monkey. I had a medium sized (sorry forgot if they had a fancy Italian Starbuck-ish name for it) Turtle Latte in an "in-house" cup and hubby had a plain iced coffee in an "in-house" glass (what's wrong with him?! b-o-r-i-n-g! lol).

My latte was the BEST I have EVER had! And I am a coffee LOVER! However, for the price, I would have preferred a bit more in the cup. But I am not even sure what the price was - did I miss it or do they not post the prices? Perhaps it would have only cost me a bit more for the Venti size? Who knows? I know that my total was $14 for my latte, my husband's plain-jane (but wonderfully delicious) iced coffee and a chocolate bar that was screaming my name at the counter. I thought $14 seemed a bit pricy for our order - maybe that chocolate bar put it over the top?

The atmosphere was quintessential coffee house - much better than Dunkin Donuts or even Starbucks for that matter. But being July and wanting to enjoy a hot cup o' joe even though it was 95 degrees outside...I would have preferred they amped up the AC a bit to accomodate. And the tables were really squished together and not enough room to really sit back and relax. A bit more space per patron would be nice too. We were crammed in the corner (only table available) by the back glass wall with the HOT sun streaming in blinding us - we did lower the window covering but it was still HOT and CRAMMED.

If I am ever in the 12 South District again, I'll be back for another Turtle latte. - Maybe in the fall when i can enjoy it on the inviting patio!

Visited July 2013