“Delicious food and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marche Artisan Foods

Marche Artisan Foods
1000 Main St, Nashville, TN 37206 (Formerly Marche Artisan Food)
(615) 262-1111
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast
Clarendon Hills, Illinois
“Delicious food and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Small restaurant outside of downtown Nashville-we took a cab but it was worth it. We had to wait about an hour on a Saturday late morning to eat-they don't take reservations on Saturday mornings. They have a walk up counter to get coffee, hot chocolate, mimosas and more, while you wait. Once seated, the waitress was very friendly and service was pretty quick(we had a tour to get to) and the food was definitely worth the wait!

Visited February 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Simply Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Marche offers unparalleled quality for the money. The food has staples of classic and comforting cuisine, but it is subtly innovative and is executed to perfection. My partner and I had two starters, two entrees, and shared a desert for about $40 (before tip). The service is super friendly and helpful, too! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great place for brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to Marche on Sunday to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She chose the place herself and we were happy to try it. They don't take brunch reservations, and we were advised the wait can be 45 minutes or more during peak, so we went there quite late (it was after 2 p.m.) and were placed immediately. The place itself is modeled after European cafes. It has a very charming and unpretentious atmosphere. Our server was very nice and friendly and the food was great! The brunch menu changes frequently, but there are plenty of great choices. I had a cup of the lentil and chikpea soup, it was the best lentil soup I ever had, not chalky, but nice and creamy, and the lamb shepherd pie, very mld and delicious. One of my daughters had a quiche, the other had a savory crepe, and my husband had the turkey club - everyone was happy with their food. Make sure to leave some space for sweets - their version of flourless chocolate cake was out of this world and the cheesecake was probably the best I ever had! And not to forget, they have an excellent selection of teas, hand blended in a nearby tea shop! I had lavender love and loved it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redondo Beach, California
“Superb Dining in a Friendly, Casually Elegant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've been to this restaurant several times when visiting Nashville. The food is always exceptional, and always unusual - in a delightful way. The place feels a little like Country French, but you simply can't label the food. It's always fun to make a selection. If you come here, pick out something you're curious but not too sure about - you'll get a very pleasant surprise. I'll definitely visit this terrific restaurant again. In this most recent visit, we had breakfast on the way to the airport. The wait staff and kitchen sped our food to us, so we got to enjoy our meal without rushing.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
london
“Brunch happiness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm gradually finding places for a good breakfast in Nashville. Marche is definitely up there, and I expect to come back next time I'm in town. At weekends it's pretty busy, expect to stand in line for a while, weekdays breakfast/brunch we were seated immediately. It's a nice split level cafe-style place, welcomes children, we felt completely comfortable bringing the grand-baby. Service was excellent and welcoming.

Food, as the name might suggest, has a French-style focus, French-toast croissant for example, and is generally good and the coffee is great. Overall this is pushing towards a 5 rating, had the sausage been more to my taste then I'd be hitting that extra star.

• Visited January 2014