“Magical Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Standard

The Standard
167 Rosa L. Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)
615-254-1277
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,666 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: between Commerce and Church Sts.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Magical Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed an amazing Anniversary dinner here. We pulled up and were taken care of promptly by a friendly valet. Entering the restaurant a lovely hostess immediately took us to our beautiful table where things would just get better and better. Our server, Jeff, did a fantastic job helping us through the many mouth watering choices on the menu. We were happy to be given complimentary glasses of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Such a nice touch and such great champagne! Then we ordered a delicious bottle of cabernet sauvignon and also a moscow mule to start. Amazing cocktail and great bottle of wine. This historical home turned restaurant had such ambiance. It was a delight to be dining in a historic location such as this. We had fantastic crab bisque, fried green tomatoes topped with crab, shared a fabulous chopped salad with honey parmesan vinegarette, and had filet mignon with brussel sprouts. Wow. Then we split cheesecake with Jack Daniels sauce. It's been a long time since we've had such an amazingly prepared meal. What a wonderful night we had. Also I must mention the great hospitality shown to us by Billy and Stephanie. They went above and beyond and made our night so special. Thank you so much for a memorable night, We will be back soon and recommend The Standard to everyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good, but not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Ambience and service were pretty good, but the food was just ok. I would suggest going down the road to Ruth's Chris before this place if you're looking for a great meal/steak for a similar price point.

We wanted it to be so much better than it was for the cost.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairview, Tennessee
“Neat Nashville time warp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

What a great evening. I felt like I'd been transported back in time. The Standard is located in a historic townhouse that's been in Nashville since the late 1800's. We had drinks before dinner in an intimate bar area with wonderful low lighting. Dinner was in one of many rooms - decorated with period pieces and game on the walls. Our room had a huge elk. The service was fantastic! The servers were well versed in the menu and the specials. The food was excellent! We started with an appetizer sampler that had calamari, fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits with tomato jam. All were delicious. I want to go back and try the crab bisque sometime though. My entree was the sea bass. Totally yummy! I wish I'd had more. I got to taste the Filet and I highly recommend that also. One of our party got the wild game of the night which I think was antelope - it was flavorful but after eating the filet came off a bit chewy. All the sides were fabulous. The bacon braised brussel sprouts were wonderful. We were lucky enough to be with members of The Standard Club and got to tour the rest of the house. Fantastic! I felt like I needed a hoop skirt and a fan. I would definitely return again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Best steak I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I went here while on vacation in Nashville. Ambiance was perfect, service great and food amazing! I had the strip and it was cooked to perfection! My husband had the filet and said the same. Highly recommend for a date night out!

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Intimate fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We enjoyed a delectable dinner in this quaint Victorian styled restaurant. The menu was varied as was the wine selection. Service was outstanding. Truly a fine dining experience.