“very yummy!!! but need more veggie options..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
601 12th Ave. South, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)
(615) 248-2888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 1,762 Restaurants in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Nashville
Cross street: near 12th & Demonbreum
Transit: The Green Line is a free bus runing every 15 min. untill 11 pm to & from downtown (but not on Sunday's )
Nashville, Tennessee
“very yummy!!! but need more veggie options..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved the live music, loved the food, would definitely go back. Sitting too close to stage however... it can be hard to here conversations...
Also another downside... only 1 good vegetarian option. They need at least 1 more vegetarian option. As the night I went they actually sold out of their veggie lasagna, and I ended up getting the last one. I would have been very upset if I could not have gotten their lasagna.

Visited April 2013

Georgetown, Indiana
“One of the coolest places I have been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let me start by saying this place is AWESOME!!!! We were passing through Nashville on our way to Atlanta. Did a little looking on the internet before we left to find a neat place with live music for dinner. I am so glad we found Sambuca. The place is so cool, and located in The Guluch, a really upscale part of town. The food was pretty good, but the atmosphere totally made up for anything the food was lacking. I had the lobster enchiladas, and my girlfriend had the sea bass. Mine was not bad, a decent flavor, but couldn't really taste the lobster. Her sea bass was very moist and tender. Minnie Murphy was the singer when we were there, and she did a fantastic job. Would have loved to stay longer, but we had to get on the road. Will make a return trip, and stay longer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“Worth Writing About!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was our 22nd anniversary & we wanted to visit the Gulch in Nashville for the first time. We chose Sambuca because it had a great menu & live music. What a find! Our service was exceptional, the wine superb, the food absolutely delicious, & the entertainment fabulous. We'll do it again for a special occasion as it is rather pricey - about $200 for drinks & food but well worth it. Although it's described as "business casual" dress, it was more on the casual side. A wonderful evening!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
san francisco
“Expected More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hostesses (three of them) were busy talking to each other rather than helping us. We were early and sat at the bar. We had to come back and ask them if our table was ready rather than them coming to get us. The place was not that busy that one of the three could help. The bartender was great. Music was good. I ordered the special, the middle section was still frozen and it was so dark in there I couldn't even see my food. I would have preferred to have just stayed at the bar. With these prices and service, I won't be returning.

Visited March 2013
Whistler, Canada
“Excellent Service and Food...Who could ask for anything more!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My client suggested this place for dinner after our work meeting. Much to our surprise Red Bow records was having a party with live music being performed by Rachel Farley. Not only was the live music great the dinner was excellent. For appetizers we had the Goat Cheese
Stuffed Artichokes and the Shrimp & Crab Dip both are definite must haves. Then for entrees we had the Hickory-Smoked Prime Pork Chop, Filet, Miso Sea Bass, Crab-Stuffed Salmon and the Chicken Parmigiana. All of our entrees were superb! I would recommend this place to anyone for a romantic dinner (the ambiance was great), client meeting or just to have a drink at the bar. With excellent service and food, who could ask for anything more? I will absolutely go back next time I am in Nashville.

• Visited February 2013