“Don't bother” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Nashville

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Nashville to your Saves list
Knights Inn Nashville
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Spring Street, I-24 (exit 47 Jefferson St.), Nashville, TN 37207   |
Ranked #105 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Glenwood, Illinois
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

5 of us headed down for this past weekend and I did not have high expectations for this hotel because I believe you get what you pay for. All we wanted was a clean place to store our things and sleep. This was not the place for that, apparently. One of our rooms had a strong, musty odor and the other smelled like someone had recently mixed bleach and pine sol together and threw it all over the place. The musty room had burn marks everywhere and no shower head. The linens were clean enough, although I pulled the comforter off immediately (as I do in every hotel I stay at regardless) and there were several burn holes on it. The bleach/pine sol cocktail room had a huge black stain in the middle of the floor, burn marks everywhere, a hole in the wall, a dead spider hanging from it's web that had to have been there for awhile and when you turned the water on in the shower, black sludge started coming out of the drain. When we addressed these concerns with the front desk we were told there was nothing they could do about it. We're also convinced that housekeeping held a little fashion show with our undergarments when they came in to clean because they were NOT in our suitcases where we left them when we came back. The only reason I am giving this place a 1 star review instead of 0 is because we should have known it wasn't going to be anything to write home about. However, even for the price, we should have been able to expect that the place would be clean enough to where we didn't have to wear shoes to shower or feel like we needed to burn everything we brought with us when we got home. My recommendation is that this place should probably be condemned. It really is that bad.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We apologize that your stay did not go as intended.The chemicals we use for air freshner are purchased from autoclor chemicals which supplies the same air freshner to hiltons,marriotts,and other upscale properties.You had mentioned to the front desk that one of your room mates should not be allowed in your room as he was creating problems for you and others staying in your room.We can not be held accountable for dubious deeds done by one of your party .We have many satisfied guests.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Greenwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was an okay hotel. We were able to walk into downtown Nashville. It was only a mile away from the bars. We were able to take a taxi back. It is within walking distance of the stadium too. The room was nice not the best I have ever been in. We weren't able to check in early even though we had been traveling all night and morning. The breakfast was okay as well but it was in a separate building so we had to walk in the rain to get to it. They offered parking as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

After reading lots of reviews I was very, very nervous about staying at this hotel but thankfully I was proven wrong. The location of this hotel is great. Close to downtown so not too far to walk, close to bus stops taking you downtown and only $6 for a cab. We took a cab from the airport and it cost us $25.
The room was clean and spacious far from what other reviews have said. Cleaners were in everyday, change of sheets and towels daily.
We very accommodating when our travel plans changed and we needed to stay an extra night.

Great price, was everything we needed, clean room, fast wifi - would definitely recommend.

Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I read reviews to stay away and was nervous, but was very happy to stay here. It was so easy to get around, perfect location for a Titans game (you can walk). Not food nearby but room was comfortable, and the price was right! It even comes with free breakfast. The front desk people were helpful with questions, calling taxis etc.

Room Tip: Get a room on the inside "court" it's quieter.
Clarksville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here while on business in Nashville. Had two rooms for 3 guests.. Quick and easy access to the city. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We had to adjust our length of stay. "Irfan" was most accommodating.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Red Wing, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here last week and could not be happier. Great price, 1.5 miles from downtown ($6 cab fare). There is a gas station right next door. Also there is a bus stop right across the street ($1.70 bus fare), and multiple buses stop frequently. As far as the room goes, it was clean. I know some of the other reviews go against that, but my room was great (non-smoking). I had trouble connecting to the wifi on my phone, but had a laptop that worked just fine. Considering the great price for the location I would definitely stay there again. Also the man at the front desk was happy to make copies for me at no charge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had to book this hotel for a convention when all the other hotels were already booked. The hotel is is about 1.5 miles from downtown and across the river. It was located right off the highway and in an industrial part of town. There is nothing other than a gas station near it and there was traffic all night long.

My room was the usual double occupancy bed room. It looked newly painted and when I walked into the bathroom I can see why. There was black mold in the corners including the ceiling above the shower head. When you flush the toilet, it shakes the tile floor. The toilet was only secured to the wall and not to the floor which causes it to leak every time its flushed.

The front desk staff in the morning was friendly, the guy that works at night was not very nice at all. After 3 days, I needed new towels so I had housekeeping clean my room while I was at the conference. I returned to find that they did not properly close my door and it was cracked open, exposing all my belongings. Luckily, nothing was missing but when I went down to the desk to complain, the evening desk man, simply told me that he was sorry but there was nothing he can do since nothing was missing. I asked if I could get a discount for this hassle, he flat out said no.

Next time I come to Nashville, I will not be staying anywhere near this hotel. I have included pictures of the bathroom so that everyone is aware of this health hazard.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Nashville? Share your experiences!