“Very Clean, Value for Money.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Music City Circle, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #59 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Stowmarket
“Very Clean, Value for Money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very clean in all respects. The room and bathroom in particular was spotless. Rooms are 'suites' of good size, and wi-fi is available in rooms. Not having a great deal of experience with US hotels, I did consider the breakfast better than most. Good choice of bread, bagels, muffins. We did not go for Waffles, but the 'locals' were consuming in great numbers so they must have been acceptable. Limited choice of 'hot' food but scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage were all good and plentiful. Only 1 toaster caused a backlog at busy times. Hotel shuttle to Oprey Hotel & Airport was excellent value. For a single fee there was no limit on the number of journeys allowed. HOTEL DID NOT ADVERTISE THIS EXCELLENT FACILITY, we took a taxi from airport to hotel could have availed ourselves of the shuttle. Staff were friendly and helpful, reception in particular were always available to assist. With a nice location close to Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mills Mall, this is a great value for money hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. The check-in staff was great. The room was wonderful; it was clean, spacious, had a well-stocked and clean bathroom, comfortable beds. I liked the pool, too. The lobby was beautiful. I'd definitely stay here again. I come to Nashville every year. The location next to Opryland was nice, and it still wasn't far from downtown Nashville. I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Alexandra Headland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Best value for money we have had on our trip so far. Rooms were spacious and clean and hotel staff were friendly. Hotel is in a good and safe location but it is not near the city centre so you do need a car. Good selection at breakfast and fast Internet.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here one night at the end of May 2014. The room was really nice and roomy. Washroom was modern and clean. Lots of room in the suite and well soundproofed because we weren't even aware of hallway noise. There was also a small pool that we used that was nice. We were able to get a shuttle to the airport for $15. US which was a lot cheaper than a taxi would have been. The one drawback was the free breakfast. It was extremely limited in selection and there were no hot entrees, only cold boiled eggs if you were lucky enough to get there early to get one, because the hostess said that there were no more coming out. We made due with that and were happy with the location, as we went to the Grand Old Opry and the taxi fare was about $14. with tip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

+ Nice beds, comforters, granite counter tops, tub, two beds and sofa (didn't request). Breakfast was hit or miss; we had 3 or 4 of them. Some had waffles, fruit, biscuits, gravy, eggs, yogurt.
- ...others days just some food and we did attempt to go early. Staff was not friendly at all. Elevator did not work for a while and was not labeled. Key stopped working, staff had us go down to get it fixed from top floor.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Husband here on business. Very large room w couch, microwave and fridge. Nicely decorated but things such as the couch are showing wear and tear. Beds where a little firm for me, but I like them soft. Every thing was clean. It was hard to find, but the perk was it was quit back off the road a piece.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Sometime in May I made a reservation for my daughter and her family to stay at this Best Western Hotel, arriving on June 14 for 5 nights. I spoke with both Amanda and Kirsten and was informed that the cancellation policy was to cancel before 4 pm at the date of tentative arrival. At 8.05 am on the 14th of June (Saturday) I received a call from my daughter that they were stuck in Europe because of mechanical failure on the aircraft and they would arrive on Sunday, a day later. I immediately called Best Western Opryland at 8.20 am and was connected to Mark. Mark told me that “the computer won’t let me make any cancellations or changes; the room has already been charged to your credit card”. I consequently asked Mark; “How can my credit card be charged before the guests have checked in at the hotel…..and are you run by the computer or shouldn’t you run the computer?” He said “that is our policy, you have to call and talk to Bill our General Manager on Monday”???!!! He then proceeded to tell me; “we are sold out tonight, there’s nothing I can do”. Note; This was at 8.20 in the morning. My daughter & family arrived the next day (Sunday) and checked in. The safe was unusable for the first 3 days because the previous guest had left it locked. I had been told by Amanda and/or Kirsten that “just let us know when you check out if you’ve used the safe or not and we will refund the fee that is automatically charged to your room”. I left 5 voice mail messages for Bill Black (General Manager) on Monday (to discuss one night’s cancellation!!!) and he returned my calls once. I missed his call and left more messages on Monday & Wednesday again, but no more returned calls. The evening (Wednesday) before my daughter was checking out, I stopped at the front desk to make sure the “safe fee” was deducted from the total bill and the male clerk confirmed that was the case. When I received the check-out receipt from my daughter on Thursday June 19 at 9.12 am, I had been charged the “safe fee” for all five (5) nights, even though I’d been assured it wouldn’t happen!!!??? I immediately called the hotel and Bill Black answered. After I explained the situation for him, his demeanor changed to extremely rude, unfriendly and unprofessional. He said angrily; “that’s against our rules, they can’t do that, I’m going to write them up, I’m going to reprimand them, etc., etc…..”. I told him; “that’s none of my business, that’s between you and your employees, I can only go by what I’ve been informed”. He then calmed down and promised to refund the “safe fee”. The next day I checked my credit card on-line and discovered that he’d charged the “safe fee” again instead of refunding it.(Yes I know it was a mistake). I called the hotel and was connected to Kirsten. I explained the situation to her and she put me on hold, she came back and said “it’s been fixed”. She sounded and acted very, very facetious, unfriendly & non-courteous. I asked her how it was fixed. She said: “I’ve refunded the fee”. I consequently told her it needed to be refunded twice since it was charged twice erroneously. She put me on hold again and told me after 5 minutes, that it’s been refunded twice in a very facetious tone of voice. There were other problems with my daughter’s stay but I won’t get into it more than these 2 issues. The bottom line: the staff AND Bill Black (General Manager) needs a crash course in common courtesy, customer friendliness, and professional courtship when dealing with guests…….and dealing with people paying the bills for the rooms……!!!! I very much doubt that I’ll recommend this Best Western to anyone in the future, unless I’m aware of any positive changes…..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Suites Near Opryland? Share your experiences!