“Opryland Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Ottawa
“Opryland Best Western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here one night at the end of May 2014. The room was really nice and roomy. Washroom was modern and clean. Lots of room in the suite and well soundproofed because we weren't even aware of hallway noise. There was also a small pool that we used that was nice. We were able to get a shuttle to the airport for $15. US which was a lot cheaper than a taxi would have been. The one drawback was the free breakfast. It was extremely limited in selection and there were no hot entrees, only cold boiled eggs if you were lucky enough to get there early to get one, because the hostess said that there were no more coming out. We made due with that and were happy with the location, as we went to the Grand Old Opry and the taxi fare was about $14. with tip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

+ Nice beds, comforters, granite counter tops, tub, two beds and sofa (didn't request). Breakfast was hit or miss; we had 3 or 4 of them. Some had waffles, fruit, biscuits, gravy, eggs, yogurt.
- ...others days just some food and we did attempt to go early. Staff was not friendly at all. Elevator did not work for a while and was not labeled. Key stopped working, staff had us go down to get it fixed from top floor.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Husband here on business. Very large room w couch, microwave and fridge. Nicely decorated but things such as the couch are showing wear and tear. Beds where a little firm for me, but I like them soft. Every thing was clean. It was hard to find, but the perk was it was quit back off the road a piece.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Sometime in May I made a reservation for my daughter and her family to stay at this Best Western Hotel, arriving on June 14 for 5 nights. I spoke with both Amanda and Kirsten and was informed that the cancellation policy was to cancel before 4 pm at the date of tentative arrival. At 8.05 am on the 14th of June (Saturday) I received a call from my daughter that they were stuck in Europe because of mechanical failure on the aircraft and they would arrive on Sunday, a day later. I immediately called Best Western Opryland at 8.20 am and was connected to Mark. Mark told me that “the computer won’t let me make any cancellations or changes; the room has already been charged to your credit card”. I consequently asked Mark; “How can my credit card be charged before the guests have checked in at the hotel…..and are you run by the computer or shouldn’t you run the computer?” He said “that is our policy, you have to call and talk to Bill our General Manager on Monday”???!!! He then proceeded to tell me; “we are sold out tonight, there’s nothing I can do”. Note; This was at 8.20 in the morning. My daughter & family arrived the next day (Sunday) and checked in. The safe was unusable for the first 3 days because the previous guest had left it locked. I had been told by Amanda and/or Kirsten that “just let us know when you check out if you’ve used the safe or not and we will refund the fee that is automatically charged to your room”. I left 5 voice mail messages for Bill Black (General Manager) on Monday (to discuss one night’s cancellation!!!) and he returned my calls once. I missed his call and left more messages on Monday & Wednesday again, but no more returned calls. The evening (Wednesday) before my daughter was checking out, I stopped at the front desk to make sure the “safe fee” was deducted from the total bill and the male clerk confirmed that was the case. When I received the check-out receipt from my daughter on Thursday June 19 at 9.12 am, I had been charged the “safe fee” for all five (5) nights, even though I’d been assured it wouldn’t happen!!!??? I immediately called the hotel and Bill Black answered. After I explained the situation for him, his demeanor changed to extremely rude, unfriendly and unprofessional. He said angrily; “that’s against our rules, they can’t do that, I’m going to write them up, I’m going to reprimand them, etc., etc…..”. I told him; “that’s none of my business, that’s between you and your employees, I can only go by what I’ve been informed”. He then calmed down and promised to refund the “safe fee”. The next day I checked my credit card on-line and discovered that he’d charged the “safe fee” again instead of refunding it.(Yes I know it was a mistake). I called the hotel and was connected to Kirsten. I explained the situation to her and she put me on hold, she came back and said “it’s been fixed”. She sounded and acted very, very facetious, unfriendly & non-courteous. I asked her how it was fixed. She said: “I’ve refunded the fee”. I consequently told her it needed to be refunded twice since it was charged twice erroneously. She put me on hold again and told me after 5 minutes, that it’s been refunded twice in a very facetious tone of voice. There were other problems with my daughter’s stay but I won’t get into it more than these 2 issues. The bottom line: the staff AND Bill Black (General Manager) needs a crash course in common courtesy, customer friendliness, and professional courtship when dealing with guests…….and dealing with people paying the bills for the rooms……!!!! I very much doubt that I’ll recommend this Best Western to anyone in the future, unless I’m aware of any positive changes…..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

A lot of small things show this hotel could be better managed.

The lighting in the common area makes it seem like a cave. It is just bright enough to see that the windows need cleaning. It was 93 degrees when I arrived and the air conditioning in the room was turned off. The room, which was on the south side, was still warm the next morning.

The sign to the ice machine had an arrow pointing in the wrong direction. If you looked at it closely you could see that someone had changed it with a felt tip pen.

As for breakfast, they were serving something which looked like scrambled eggs. I suppose this tasteless substance really was eggs because of the shells it contained. I have never seen diced ham swimming in liquid as a breakfast item before.

Only one of the two elevators seemed to be working. Someone had scratched graffiti on the metal door which I would bet will still be there next year.

I suppose they can require a 48 hour cancellation because of their proximity to Opera Land but if I visit Nashville again, I will take my $108 elsewhere.

Room Tip: On hot days, request room on north side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had an amazing time. Hotel was clean and very comfortable. close to Opryland, restaurants and other places to visit. I would return to this hotel again as the staff was very helpful. The only thing I found sparse was the breakfast. If you are not down early then a lot of the bins were empty. i.e. bread, yoghurt. We ended up going out for breakfast instead.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed 5 nights in May we found this to be an Excellent hotel, very good customer service. Room was very nice and clean.Good price and quiet, fully equipped and good breakfast. Lady in charge of breakfast room was very friendly and helpful. WiFi was good. Close to Interstate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Suites Near Opryland? Share your experiences!