“Nice hotel & free beer!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Northwest Indiana
“Nice hotel & free beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 9 thru the 13th. We got there after nine pm Wednesday and was greeted by Brent at the front desk. What a very nice man! Our room was on the 5th floor and unfortunately our room faced Church Street so we had to listen to all the cars all night and the two guys talking on the park bench because their voices echoed up that high. The next morning we saw Brent and told him how we didn't get much sleep so he offered to move us for the rest of our stay. This time we were on the second floor with our room facing the interior, much quieter! Brent was very helpful during our stay giving us recommendations for tours he thought we might be interested in. Our room was clean, full kitchen, there was even microwave popcorn in the room! And when we used it, it was replaced the next day, nice touch. We did have to let the shower run about 5 minutes before we got hot water everyday, but that was ok, just a bump in the road. This hotel is within walking distance (about 4 blocks) to Broadway (the main drag) a couple of blocks away from Printer's Alley. Do not park directly across the street from the entrance, you have to pay the machine by 6 am everyday. The other parking lot on the other side charges $14 per 24 hrs. Easy! Or you can valet for $24 per 24 hrs. Breakfast is included in the hotel price, something different everyday plus waffles, yogurt, juices, coffee etc. Sunday thru Thursday dinner is also included! And beer and wine! Wow! We only had a light dinner on Thursday which tied us over for our late dinner we had planned. We would definitely stay here again! It is in an old doctor's building and you could feel the history around you

Room Tip: Ask for an inner facing room for quietness, use the parking on the side of the building
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Direct0r_0f_Sales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience at our hotel during your recent stay. Brent is a great asset to our hotel and truly sees our customers needs as a priority. I have spoken with Brent and have recognized them for their part in yet another satisfied customer. Their hard work does not go unnoticed! Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel managers were fantastic. I accidentally booked an extra night (the night prior to our arrival) and they completely refunded the night rather than charging me for it. Fantastic people. It was my first time in Nashville and I will definitely be back and stay at this hotel. Thanks for everything. - side note to tripadvisor website. put "United States" at the top of the list of countries. Odds are it will be selected more than any other and make this review easier. Homewood stuites in Nashville was absolutely great.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Direct0r_0f_Sales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This motel stay was great. The location is ideal for sight seeing in Nashville. The staff is very courteous and helpful. They made great suggestions for local sights and restaurants. My dogs were welcome and that made me feel more welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at the hotel! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mention all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.
Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! We hope you stop through for a visit again your next time through Nashville!
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great place to stay -- walking distance to Broadway and great staff at the hotel. The rooms are renovated and very nice. We really enjoyed our stay. Also, Pucketts down the street has amazing food very economical. And, they serve Non Homoginized Milk. Try the chocolate.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I randomly choose Homewood Suites for our visit in Nashville. We were extremely satisfied, the staff was very friendly & accommodating. The surroundings extremely clean and the complimentary breakfast was one of the best offering a variety of breakfast foods to please anyones palate. We would definetly stay at a Homewood Suites in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at the Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mention all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.
It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a suite here for four nights, and there were three of us staying in the room. The first thing my husband said when my husband booked it, he stated that if the sleeper sofa was not comfortable for our adult daughter, he would sleep on it (and I would share king size bed with daughter). It was an awful mattress. My husband slept on the sofa and pulled an ottoman over for his legs to stretch onto, even though I wanted to ask for a room with two queen beds in the bedroom (unsure why we didn't do this in the first place!). He said he slept well every night like this, but I would not recommend using the sofabed as a bed.

What I liked about the hotel is that it was convenient to walk everywhere for us (Yes, there are some hills, and it could be taxing for some). But I didn't like walking through the small park with the homeless people there daily. They were not there at night for some reason.

The breakfast was very good as was the dinner (we checked in on it, but we were never around for dinner). Eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries, breads, bagels, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices for breakfast. Dinner was spaghetti, meatballs and salad with warm cookies, grilled chicken (would put it in the salad since it looked plain or make sandwich with the rolls) another night with green beans and rolls, and there was merlot or white wine and beer with coffee and tea as well. Cheesecake bites were another dessert that I saw, and the employees are very friendly!

We had an interior room, so it was always dark (not a disadvantage, but just a note). The closet made absolutely no sense (can't quite get things into it since the door slides open). The bed was very comfortable but not many pillows. The dresser drawers would not stay shut (put suitcase against them). The shower door was off the track (didn't open one for the duration of stay), and the shelf in the shower was loose and almost fell off wall (grout needs redoing it). So while the room was clean and there was plenty of space for three of us, it needed renovations. We had a loveseat and desk chair for seating in the room off the bedroom. There could be a better chair in that room. The kitchen would be perfect for a long stay, but the only place to eat is at the desk or off the large ottoman.

I did not like having to park in the garage and then walk a block and half to the hotel. The first day we checked in, we parked on the street and paid the meter. Then we moved the car to the garage that night once we had unloaded the luggage and had our bearings. The night before we left, we parked on the street for free so our car would be close by to load up.

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, breakfast and dinner are "complimentary", but I would still stay somewhere else until the rooms have been renovated some.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service that you are accustomed to, and truly deserve. Please know that I have personally addressed each of the concerns that you voiced with the staff. I can assure you that your experiences will not be those of our future guests. I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel another chance to provide you an outstanding experience the next time you are in town.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If their hotel service is as good as their reservations service -- don't stay there. It has been near impossible to get a room in Nashville for July 15, 2015 for a conference I am attending. But, I thought there was a glimmer of hope with Homewood Suites Nashville downtown. I called at 6:30 a.m. on July 21 to book and they told me the rooms for my dates were going to be released at midnight that evening. They told me to be prompt because the rooms would go quickly. I set my alarm for 11:50 p.m. to make sure I had time. Called at 11:58 p.m. only to be told that they decided to release their rooms earlier in the day because their sales manager was "overwhelmed" with calls about the conference rooms. I am extremely disappointed and upset that I now still do not have a room to stay in at my conference -- all because the Homewood Suites' staff got "overwhelmed" and decided to change their policy and leave many of us without a room. This is the first time I have ever written a review on trip advisor. That's how strongly I feel about the incompetence of the Homewood Suites' staff in downtown Nashville.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Direct0r_0f_Sales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
PatrickK
Thanks so much for your review regarding the reservation process for the conference in July 2015. As you pointed out the attendees have experienced difficulty in obtaining room reservations for this conference in the city due to the higher number of attendance for the conference than the organization had originally expected.
The rooms were reserved very quickly through phone and online processes available to the attendees. We apologize about the misinformation in regards to the timing of the release of the rooms. Please understand this is not typical of our staff and apologize for the inconveniences caused. While the hotel is currently sold out over those dates please feel free to contact the sales department at the hotel to be added to a wait list pending cancellations. Thanks again for the feedback on your experience.

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!