“Happy to recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Australia
“Happy to recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was the 2nd time we have stayed at the Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown staying there this time for 6 nights in April. This time we also had our 3 children.

Despite booking the room months prior and requesting a larger King Suite room we were unfortunately given a small room and Murphy's Law had it that they were fully booked out with no other rooms available. That being said, after 2 days the staff were able to address the situation for us.

All staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay, breakfast was good and the location of the property is a short walk to Broadway.

So while we had a little hiccup at the start of our stay, it wasn't a showstopper and overall we are happy to recommend and will return the next time we are in Nashville

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A national trade show was in Nashville in late March within 50 miles of home. It was a great opportunity to attend. I reserved 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday night for my staff to come down, see the trade show, learn a few things, have some fun and spend the night. As time drew closer for the show we realized that we would need Saturday night only. I called on Thursday to modify the reservation. Even though I purposely called the local number, I was immediately routed to the national reservations desk. I was told the first time I called that the hotel was not allowing Saturday check-ins because the NCAA was in town. (I checked - the NCAA women’s tournament would be in Nashville - in 2 weeks!!!) Therefore I couldn’t change or modify the reservation, I could come in on Saturday but I would have to pay for both nights. The second time I called I asked to cancel the reservation, having purposely called the local number, I was sent to the national reservation desk. The woman was very helpful but explained that I was calling too late in the day to cancel the reservation for Friday (Funny, I had called a short time earlier and wasn’t advised of that.) At any rate I kept the reservation, and went in on Saturday to pay for the rooms that I hadn’t yet used.
As we came upon the hotel, there was a staff member smoking out front. The lobby was very nice, clean and well kept. I approached the reservation desk to check in. I asked for our reservation and was given keys for one room. I pointedly asked TWICE to look and see if there was a second room (it had been promised to a staff member) He advised me that the reservation was for one room only. Hmm…… I was charged for one room night on my card at that time and gave the keys to my staff, who now had to double up to stay the night! Frustrating, to say the least. As I am now home, I look at our bank account and see that we have been charged for FOUR room nights. I am guessing 2 nights for 2 rooms. I do not deny that I am liable for the charges, but why weren’t we given the key to our second room. I am beginning to think they likely let someone have it and charged them for it as well. As a footnote, I called the LOCAL office several times the following week to protest the charges and to talk to a manager. Every time I was put on hold for greater than 20 minutes before hanging up. Never resolved.
ADDITION: Today, 5 weeks after we stayed, there is another charge from Homewood. I called and they say “there was a glitch in the system” and it was for parking. I didn’t stay there, my staff did, and they did not park on property at all. Hard to contest 5 weeks later.
Never again, No way will I ever use Homewood Suites. Frustrating experience with staff, poor communication and inability (or maybe unwillingness) to do anything at the local level.

Room Tip: My tip would be don't stay!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
La Grange, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Everything about our 3 night stay was excellent, large room, comfortable bed, full kitchen, friendly and welcoming staff, excellent breakfast and evening meals, easy walking distance to downtown and felt safe day or night as the hotel offers complimentary meals to Nashville police officers. Tip: If you fly in and don't need a car, the City Metro Express bus stop is one short block from the hotel. Less than 20 minute ride for $1.70!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Location was very convenient. Was blocks away from broadway and many restaurants. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. Room was very narrow. Had king size bed and sofa sleeper. Room was very clean. Only complaint is the sofa sleeper. Worst bed I have ever slept on. Very thin, could feel every spring. Better off sleeping on floor. Should either get new mattresses or remove sofa sleeper.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
oakville, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Homewood suites is a great choice in downtown Nashville. The location is perfect and everything is within walking distance. Homewood Suites is well run and Great value. The hotel includes free hot breakfast, free dinner with free beer and wine and free wifi. Food was very good and fresh. dining room staff are wonderful and very friendly. the rooms are spacious with a nice sitting and kitchen area. the interior rooms can be a little dark as they face the interior, but you don't go to Nashville to stay in your room. Ask for a street view if you need light. The hotel manager, Miquel was extremely helpful and gave us some great recommendations. All of the staff from the valet to reception to cleaning are all really great.

Room Tip: ask for a street view if you need lots of light.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We booked a suite. The layout of the bedroom, bathroom area was small, but functional. The sitting area/kitchenette was wonderful. There was a full-size refrigerator and you could easily cook all of your meals there. The hotel atrium/lobby area was charming. The valet parking was not staffed properly, but we aren't complaining. This was only a problem upon arriving at the hotel. Once there, just call the front desk 20 minutes before you plan to leave & your car will be waiting for you. The location was PERFECT. It was an easy walk to the downtown area. The staff was friendly & accommodating.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel was a little older...our air conditioner didn't work so the room was very stuffy. There weren't any outside facing windows so it felt dark. The room was very large though for the price and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!