“Don't understand the complaints” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #43 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, United States
“Don't understand the complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the cheapest place close to the downtown area. My wife and I were in town for a concert at the Ryman and wanted to be able to walk everywhere. After booking I read a lot of reviews complaining about the quality of the hotel and several other features. The building is incredibly old and has been renovated, some people complained about the old building which made no sense to me. My wife and I really liked that part. People complained about noise, breakfast, and the homeless people outside. For our entire stay I can honestly say we didn't hear one noise outside of our room. The breakfast was all out on time and everything that my wife and I had was exactly what we would expect from a free continental breakfast. As for the homeless people and not feeling safe, I am from Atlanta so I could be much more used to this type of thing, but the people in Nashville were neither scary nor did they bug us much for money. The only true complaint I have is that the fitness center is really lacking in equipment. One treadmill (that was out of order), one bike, and one elliptical machine. A couple of mats and some medicine balls. This is the only are I think they could live with upgrading. Overall it was a great stay and my wife and I would definitely stay here again.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Valle Crucis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel was clean, spacious and quiet. the morning breakfast staff was so friendly and happy. Located within walking distance to the convention center, great local places to eat and the downtown music strip. We felt safe walking from the hotel even at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our visit in Nashville was very nice and enjoyable. The suites were very conviently located to all we wanted to see within walking distance; the front desk staff was extremely helpful and professional. They have smoking rooms available which is hard to find these days; and the value for the room was very good. I would stay at the suites again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I came to Nashville for the CMA's and booked my trip last minute. I usually stay at the Hilton Downtown on Broadway but they were booked up for months, my friend booked us a hotel at Homewood Suites instead and it was such a great experience. The room was a full suite with a living room, kitchen and separate bedroom. The staff was extremely nice the entire stay, probably some of the nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered. Broadway was only a couple of blocks away and we were able to walk everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wanted to stay downtown 2 nights to walk to Honkytonks and sights. This hotel was away from all the hub-bub but close enough to walk. We had a king room, mini kitchen which we really didn't use.
Room was clean and bathroom was clean, sink and vanity was outside the bathroom, comfy bed. Had a sitting area with couch and desk and table, lots of room for 2 people. Older building and check in lobby was away from the main entrance. Free dinner on weekdays but we weren't around then.
The only negative thing was the parking. You have to unload everything at the corner
and the desk clerk said we had 10 minutes to leave our car there so my boyfriend
parked across the street at the lot where there are meters for 5 minutes and came back
and got a ticket. We didn't see anyone around and the lot was almost empty. He had to park
2 blocks down in a garage and there was a fee. We walked everywhere but he did have
to go to the car a few times to get stuff.
Walking back from the Wildhorse saloon at nite we came back late on Church street and we
were the only ones walking around so I'd advise walk back on Broadway.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think we were on the 6th floor, had view of front street, parking lot across the street. Big windo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent location in downtown Nashville. Good breakfast and evening reception. Nice rooms, especially the corner rooms with a bit more space than the typical room. Kevin at the front desk was very helpful.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This Homewood hotel is located in two adjacent beautiful old buildings. It is obvious that the original design did not lend itself to what someone would typically expect from a Homewood Suites hotel...so bright and spacious are definitely not words I would use to describe the hotel's interior. However...walking up church street the architecture of this hotel is so much nicer to see than a modern Homewood Suites hotel would be. The rooms were decorated smartly, were clean and fairly well maintained. The staff was gracious and accommodating. The location was just a couple blocks from the Hermitage...close to Broadway. Small gym so get your exercise walking around.

Would definitely stay here again. Only disappointments...
1) after exploring the area on a couple bright sunny days, it would have been great to be able to cool off in a pool. But again...when these buildings were built...who would have imagined a hotel having a pool??? Besides...it's Nashville...not Miami! Hotel does have an indoor whirlpool.
2) The beds probably are due for replacement. Homewoods management should call sister hotel chain Hampton about ordering some of their UNBELIEVABLY comfy beds!

Room Tip: Our 4th floor room was quiet and clean. Had windows...with view of a parking deck ; )
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!