“Nice hotel with great service and excellent food and drink” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #32 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Oak Forest, Illinois
“Nice hotel with great service and excellent food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We tend to stay in Homewood or Embassy Suite Hotels depending on their location. This was one of the nicest Homewood Suites we have stayed in. We were in a studio which is unusual for them to have a room such as this but we were using Hilton points and only had 2 choices and the one was completely unreasonable. The room was OK but we did miss our separate bedroom and TV. If you are paying cash there is only a small difference between this room and a one bedroom and I would definitely stay in the one bedroom. The staff here is one of the best. The front desk were always ready with recommendations of where to eat and provided maps and directions to various attractions. The food was excellent - the best I have ever had in a Homewood Suites. The staff at breakfast and dinner were always willing to help. The woman at dinner was the best. If it wasn't too busy, she came around and served drinks and was extremely pleasant to talk to. The Homewood Suites in the south (Charleston and Nashville) served cookies and dessert bars. We have stayed in others and never had dessert. For drinks they normally have 3 selections of wine and Bud Lite from a tapper. They had a selection of 3 bottled beers - Miller Lite, Killian Red and Coors as well as the 3 wines. The location is walkable to the Broadway area but the hills are difficult to walk. We ended up driving or taking a cab back to the hotel. The other area are more walker friendly. We would stay here again if in Nashville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Hello Richdeni, and thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the efforts of our team. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Nashville, as well as the complimentary breakfast and dinner. I know the entire team will be excited to read your review of our hotel. We all appreciate your business, and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Nashville.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Great location, very pleasant staff, really pleased with the room, plenty of choices for breakfast, managers happy hour a nice touch. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our team and review our hotel. I know we all truly value our guests and I want to personally thank you for your business. I will share your comments with our team. The next time you visit Nashville, we welcome your return visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

In town with 4 others for a fun weekend in Nashville.

The Homewood Suites was booked for $209/night, but it would have been much higher had I put that there were 5 people in the room (which I think is outrageous). The location is pretty good, Nashville is generally a walking city so you can really get anywhere within about 10-15 minutes.

Pros:
-Room Size (2 queen suite was at least 650 sq ft, if not larger)
-Room Decor (fairly new, comfortable)
-Breakfast
-Housekeeping Personality and Willingness to Help (I'll make my point here, soon)

Cons:
-Price
-Housekeeping (when we checked in, the room was probably 80% clean, but clearly there were issues-the bathroom hadn't been touched)
-Front Desk (only on the night of July 14th-called for extra towels in the room and was told if I wanted them I'd have to come down and get them myself)
-Sofa Bed (was missing springs and was awfully uncomfortable)
-No Hotel Shuttle (I'd say that almost every other hotel...including every Hilton in the area...had a free shuttle for guests)

Overall the experience was fine and the building that the hotel is in is really cool, but there were some big things (including the cleanliness of the room) that need work. Hopefully they will make the changes, because if not, I'll stay in a smaller room next time to avoid the Homewood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I apologize you were not satisfied with the value of your stay. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways to keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. The next time you are in Nashville, please consider staying with us again.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

very good full breakfast included. managers reception m-thrs. spa/hot tub, but no pool. kitchenette with large frig. perfect for a weekend getaway in nashville. less than a block from Morton's of Chicago.

Room Tip: take advantage of breakfast and the managers reception (m-thrs).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I completely agree that having a Morton's of Chicago next door is a great thing. Thank you for your business and warm comments about our hotel. We look forward to having you back with us the next time you are in Nashville.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Suites are very nice---a plus for light sleepers is the bedroom of the suite is separated from the hallway by the living room --so hallway noises are seldom heard. Very spacious suite and spotlessly clean. Negatives are that parking is two blocks away (not an issue if your doing business downtown)----and homeless seem to hang out on Church St-----but are not aggressive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our roomy suites. We are one of the few all suite hotels in downtown Nashville and are happy to provide spacious accomodations to our guests. Our hope is that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Nashville.
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked this hotel to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. Nashville is only 2 hours from home and since we didn't want to drive far we chose this exciting city. We were impressed as soon as we arrived. The valet service was exceptional. Greg carried our luggage up and was very nice and informative. I don't remember the names of all the employees that brought us our truck during our stay, but they all were wonderful. The service at the front desk was excellent. Kennard and Jessica made us feel right at home......very sweet staff, they always had a smile for us or a kind word. The only thing that was not up to par was an incident with one of the employees in the kitchen. At breakfast one morning I found not one, but two long dark hairs in my eggs. I notified the nicely dressed bald attendant (I did not get his name) When I told him what I had found his response was, "It's not mine, son"! First of all I am not a son. I am a grown lady. Second I felt that he should have looked into this and took action. I did notice that the other kitchen attendant has long dark hair that was pulled into a bun or something. I am not a complainer but feel that I should have taken this matter to the manager.
As far as the hotel itself, I loved the decor. It is brightly and very tastefully decorated. It's a older building with beautiful architectural detail. I rated this hotel and our experience a 5 because even though the kitchen attendant was unacceptable the rest of the staff was right on point. We will be back and will also recommend Homewood Suites, Nashville Downtown.

Room Tip: We loved room 614. It is tucked away on the 6th floor. It seemed that we had the whole floor to ours...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. The building itself "The Doctor's Building" was built in the early 1900's and has stood the test of time. We are one of the few Homewoods that showcase an atrium lobby with rooms that overlook downtown as well as our beautiful atrium. Thank you as well for bringing to my attention the inappropriate response from our breakfast team member. Rest assured that this is not acceptable and I will communicate your frustration promptly. I will pass along your comments to Jessica, Kennard, and the rest of the team and am glad you have chosen to come stay with us again.
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel was in a good location - can walk to downtown sites and restaurants. We used public parking right across the street from the hotel, very convenient and not expensive. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff were so wonderful. We had a big group and they were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice and had great biscuits! The only thing we didn't like was the mattresses on the pull out couches. They definitely were not meant for adults! We got a rollaway bed instead and it was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about our Team. They will be excited to hear that your entire family enjoyed their stay with us. I am glad your family enjoyed downtown Nashville and hope the memories of your time hear will always bring a smile to your faces. We look forward to having you back in Nashville and back with us. Thank you for your business as we are most appreciative.

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!