“Touring the Southern States” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 4th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #18 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Frome, England, United Kingdom
“Touring the Southern States”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having flown to Atlanta our next port of call was Nashville. I chose this hotel because of its location and the fact that it was reasonably priced. Once again the rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable, throw in a hot complimentary breakfast and you cant go wrong. It is situated literally a few minutes walk from Broadway and the wonderful music bars. The hotel has one drawback..........no bar of its own. However, all the hostelries in town stay open most of the night so that did not matter to us.

Room Tip: As this hotel is situated in downtown Nashville all rooms look out onto other buildings. Our rooms w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We would love to have a bar in our hotel too! However since we don't, It is a good thing that we are located within walking distance of over 40 different bars! We are glad that you had a great time and would love for you to come stay with us the next time you are in Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Trenton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Location of the hotel is excellent and we enjoyed the various amenities offered by this hotel. I agree with the other reviewers regarding the noise from the construction, but we were forewarned about the construction prior to making our reservation. I would love to recommend this hotel but, unfortunately, we had problems with our bathroom facilities and I would not stay here again. On our first day, the toilet would not work properly and we had to call the front desk. Someone was sent up right away and it was "fixed." We had the same problem with the toilet the very next morning. The maintenance person again came to fix the toilet and we were advised that he could not fix it, so we would need to go to the front desk to get a new room. When we went to the front desk, they had no idea what we were talking about and told us they had no other rooms available. Finally, another front desk person arrived, as did the maintenance person. We were told that we could move to another room, but we could not do so at that time because the room was not "ready." We were told to pack our belongings and the staff would move us to the other room later that day. I advised the front desk that we were leaving shortly because we had plans that could not be changed and it was at this point that the maintenance person advised us that he could fix the toilet, but he did not want to do so while we were in the room because it would take a while to fix the problem. I asked whether we could wait until later that day to see if we had to change rooms because we really didn't have time to pack our belongings and I also wanted to make sure that the toilet was actually fixed. I was told "you don't understand" and that they could not hold the other room for us. We opted to stay in our room since we really did not have time to pack our belongings (and we did not want to change our plans) and we were assured that the problem would be fixed. We returned late that night, only to discover the next morning that the shower would not drain! The maintenance person again came to our room, this time to fix the shower drain. It took him so long to "fix" the drain that two members of our party did not have time to take a shower before we had to leave for the day's events. We came home late that night only to discover the next morning that both the shower and the toilet did not work! I went to the front desk and asked if we could use another room to get a shower, but I was told that they would send someone to our room to fix the problems. I advised the front desk that we did not have time to wait for the problems to be fixed since we had an airplane to catch and I highly doubted that it would be an "easy fix." It was only after I went through the whole story about our various problems throughout the weekend that I was finally given a key to another room so we would have bathroom facilities and could get a shower. The woman at the front desk was apologetic after I told her the whole story, but at that point it was just very frustrating. Frankly, for the money that we paid for the room I do not think it is unreasonable to expect bathroom facilities that work. Obviously, we were sorry that we did not move to another room, but we had been assured that the problem would be fixed and I did not think it was appropriate to to change our plans/reservations because we had to pack our belongings and move to another room. We loved Nashville and had a wonderful time, but we did not need the problems that we had at this hotel and our problems here definitely put a damper on our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am sorry to hear about the troubles with your recent stay. Please contact Sarah in our Sales Department at 615-277-5000. She would love to speak with you.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have planned many corporate retreats and our most recent one at Nashville at the Hampton Inn & Suites set a new bar for my service standards. Their sales team has been working on our event for months, from securing lodging, to catering, meeting space, recommendations for restaurants and all of my many detailed questions and requests. They always responded quickly, professionally and with the exact answers I needed. I cannot put into words how much I appreciated their high quality customer service, from the start of our event to the finish. I would recommend this hotel without any reservations to anyone travelling to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the amazing comments on our Sales Team. We feel like they are one of the best teams in Nashville! They will truly appreciate your comments, as they are extremely hard workers. We hope the next time you have a corporate event you give us a call!
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I might be a the wrong person, having only stayed in Nashville twice before I was looking for a cheaper alternative to a really expensive room and still be close to downtown. So we stayed here for roughly 2/3 the price but still overpriced compared to other cities in the US. Nothing wrong with the hotel clean rooms and attentive staff but still just a bit too expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our Hampton Inn & Suites is not the typical Hampton. Unfortunately guests will have to pay a bit more at any hotel, to be right in the heart of Downtown Nashville. We do hope that you will stay with us again!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just loved this hotel! Our room was lovely, 2 double beds, cable TV, A/C, a lovely bathroom with little finishing touches like mouthwash and a note saying that if you had forgotten anything like a razor just give front desk a call....I really can't fault this one. My only complaint would be that, like other reviewers, we were woken by construction noise at 6am and the curtains are so light that daylight comes in very early on and it is a bit off putting at night cause you can see everyone walking past. Not fun being woken up at the crack of dawn on holidays, but I do suspect this is out the hotels control. That being said, the complimentary breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel, by far. It is, I think, on the healthier side, but still good. Bagels, youghurt, eggs, waffles,cereal and all kinds syrup for your coffee, I loved this breakfast. The gym was great, small, but still pretty good with water and towels readily available, same with the pool and spa. There is a coin operated laundry on sight too, which is handy if you have some clothes that are in need of a decent wash. Just down the road from The Country Music Hall of Fame and the main street of Nashville, this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. It's the little, thoughtful things that make hotels stand out for me, and this one, in my opinion, had thought of everything. A wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the construction work. Not the wake up call you might have had in mind!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments on your stay! I am a big fan of the coffee syrups as well! I am glad that you enjoyed everything that our hotel had to offer! We can't wait for you to stay with us again!
Port Stephens, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Hotel is only 2 blocks from Broadway, perfectly located. Has all the essentials of a good hotel, Complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi, fridge in room and a good size room at that. Staff were excellent and very pleasant. The only drawback is that you do have to pay $17 per night to self park and $22 for Valet. Also there is no room safe, very important in my opinion when you are carrying passports and important travel documents. Would have rated excellent if these 2 were included in the price. Overall stay was very good and would stay again.

Room Tip: Major construction happening on 4th Ave. Ask for a room on the opposite side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay. We are glad that you had a great time! Our hotel does have safes behind the front desk for guests to use. We would love for you to stay with us the next time you are in Nashville!
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton many times over the past five or six years. Although somewhat pricy for a Hampton Inn this was one of my favorite Hamptons, now not so much! Except for the current construction on going on two sides of the hotel, for my purposes the location can't be beat but the room and lobby furnishings are beginning to become a little worn, tired, and aged. For example, many chair cushions in eating area are broken down with little support. This weekend even the elevators were groaning and squeaking. Our bathroom needed some tlc and shower barely flows water. In my opinion; for the price charged here (one night recently for std room with king bed was approximately $300 with taxes, parking, etc, etc) and the added inconvenience of ongoing nearby construction…… everything should be top notch with all expectations exceeded!!!!

I must note that it is still very clean with an excellent friendly staff!!! I will probably continue to stay here for the location but with two competitors going up next door I sense a change is coming for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are actually going to have a complete lobby renovation in 2013. We hope that you do stay with us the next time you are in Nashville!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown? Share your experiences!