“Great Location & Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 4th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #18 of 150 hotels in Nashville
San Francisco, California
“Great Location & Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have planned many corporate retreats and our most recent one at Nashville at the Hampton Inn & Suites set a new bar for my service standards. Their sales team has been working on our event for months, from securing lodging, to catering, meeting space, recommendations for restaurants and all of my many detailed questions and requests. They always responded quickly, professionally and with the exact answers I needed. I cannot put into words how much I appreciated their high quality customer service, from the start of our event to the finish. I would recommend this hotel without any reservations to anyone travelling to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the amazing comments on our Sales Team. We feel like they are one of the best teams in Nashville! They will truly appreciate your comments, as they are extremely hard workers. We hope the next time you have a corporate event you give us a call!

779 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I might be a the wrong person, having only stayed in Nashville twice before I was looking for a cheaper alternative to a really expensive room and still be close to downtown. So we stayed here for roughly 2/3 the price but still overpriced compared to other cities in the US. Nothing wrong with the hotel clean rooms and attentive staff but still just a bit too expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our Hampton Inn & Suites is not the typical Hampton. Unfortunately guests will have to pay a bit more at any hotel, to be right in the heart of Downtown Nashville. We do hope that you will stay with us again!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just loved this hotel! Our room was lovely, 2 double beds, cable TV, A/C, a lovely bathroom with little finishing touches like mouthwash and a note saying that if you had forgotten anything like a razor just give front desk a call....I really can't fault this one. My only complaint would be that, like other reviewers, we were woken by construction noise at 6am and the curtains are so light that daylight comes in very early on and it is a bit off putting at night cause you can see everyone walking past. Not fun being woken up at the crack of dawn on holidays, but I do suspect this is out the hotels control. That being said, the complimentary breakfast was the best I have had in any hotel, by far. It is, I think, on the healthier side, but still good. Bagels, youghurt, eggs, waffles,cereal and all kinds syrup for your coffee, I loved this breakfast. The gym was great, small, but still pretty good with water and towels readily available, same with the pool and spa. There is a coin operated laundry on sight too, which is handy if you have some clothes that are in need of a decent wash. Just down the road from The Country Music Hall of Fame and the main street of Nashville, this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. It's the little, thoughtful things that make hotels stand out for me, and this one, in my opinion, had thought of everything. A wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the construction work. Not the wake up call you might have had in mind!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments on your stay! I am a big fan of the coffee syrups as well! I am glad that you enjoyed everything that our hotel had to offer! We can't wait for you to stay with us again!
Port Stephens, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This Hotel is only 2 blocks from Broadway, perfectly located. Has all the essentials of a good hotel, Complimentary hot breakfast, WiFi, fridge in room and a good size room at that. Staff were excellent and very pleasant. The only drawback is that you do have to pay $17 per night to self park and $22 for Valet. Also there is no room safe, very important in my opinion when you are carrying passports and important travel documents. Would have rated excellent if these 2 were included in the price. Overall stay was very good and would stay again.

Room Tip: Major construction happening on 4th Ave. Ask for a room on the opposite side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay. We are glad that you had a great time! Our hotel does have safes behind the front desk for guests to use. We would love for you to stay with us the next time you are in Nashville!
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton many times over the past five or six years. Although somewhat pricy for a Hampton Inn this was one of my favorite Hamptons, now not so much! Except for the current construction on going on two sides of the hotel, for my purposes the location can't be beat but the room and lobby furnishings are beginning to become a little worn, tired, and aged. For example, many chair cushions in eating area are broken down with little support. This weekend even the elevators were groaning and squeaking. Our bathroom needed some tlc and shower barely flows water. In my opinion; for the price charged here (one night recently for std room with king bed was approximately $300 with taxes, parking, etc, etc) and the added inconvenience of ongoing nearby construction…… everything should be top notch with all expectations exceeded!!!!

I must note that it is still very clean with an excellent friendly staff!!! I will probably continue to stay here for the location but with two competitors going up next door I sense a change is coming for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are actually going to have a complete lobby renovation in 2013. We hope that you do stay with us the next time you are in Nashville!
Brentwood, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very convenient location, just south of Broadway. Some construction nearby, but not really a bother. Self parking is $17 a night and is in a parking garage. Lobby is very nice, couches to sit in, and table and chairs to work at. Wifi throughout. Water and lemonade in the lobby in the afternoons. Hot water all the time in the lobby. Rooms are large, pillows very large and plush. Rooms are cleans, bathroom was very nice with a large shower, (beware it does take some time to get hot water). The breakfast is very nice with sausage, eggs, biscuits, and gravy, plus fruit and yogurt, plus cereal choices, as well as hot oatmeal. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for the excellent comments on your stay! We appreciate when guests notice the extra touches that we include with your stay! We look forward to having you stay at our hotel in the future!
Fort Payne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Even though this is a very nice and clean hotel and staff was friendly, I have to say I have never stayed in a well fitted room with more disappointing curtains. Light from across the street at the construction site was SO bright and annoying that I couldn't sleep. There are only sheers on the suite side windows. And to top off the stay, a hotel guest continually yelled for an hour and beat on the door across the hallway at 1 a.m. Not the hotels fault, but very annoying. If you book a stay I would advise requesting a room far away from the noise and light of construction. I couldn't understand why we were "upgraded" with a suite until I realized where it was in conjunction with the construction. Obviously the room we booked was given to another guest....

Room Tip: South side rooms are best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. We will use your comments to help improve our hotel.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown? Share your experiences!