“Great place to see Nashville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 4th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Meridian, Idaho
“Great place to see Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay when I am in Nashville.

This is one of the newer Hampton Inn's with a vast lobby, fireplace, dining area, etc. They have complimentary breakfast in the morning. The hotel has 4 or 5 floors, with giant rooms that have a wet bar, walkout balcony, pull out couch, etc.

The Hampton Inn is about 3 blocks from downtown Nashville, about a 5 minute walk to Bridgestone Arena, and Broadway. If you have never been to Broadway, make sure you do not miss Tootsie's Wild Orchid Bar. They have live music almost every night and the place fills up quick.

The only option for parking is in their gated garage. I think it runs around $20 but that's pretty standard for any downtown hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Madison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel was awesome. Clean and comfortable. They have a great morning breakfast,
Waffle, muffins ,eggs and biscuits and gravy.
It is two blocks from Broadway in Nashville. Such an easy walk anytime of the day. It also sits right nextdoor to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
I will never stay anywhere else when in Nashville.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is my third time staying at this specific hotel in Nashville, TN and it never disappoints! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We were able to check in early with no problem. Always a plus! This is the first time I've been there since they started charging for parking. It doesn't bother me though because all the other downtown hotels charge it also. The parking garage is roomy and easy to get around in. Even for someone that hates parking garages!

I just had a standard 2 bed room but it was ample in size. We were lucky to be on the side away from the construction site. The room was very quiet and I never heard anyone else in the hotel, even though it was sold out for the night. I stayed there while attending a concert at the Bridgestone Arena, it's just a simple 3 block or so walk to the venue. That's really nice! It's also an easy walk to the Honky Tonks on Broadway and my favorite BBQ place, Jack's!

I will definitely keep coming back to this hotel when in downtown Nashville. The price was decent and the free breakfast was surprisingly good!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the construction site. The hotel can't help it but it's...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Beautiful hotel & had a nice roomy suite, 2dbl beds & rollout couch for family of 5. Teens loved the big pool & open til 11pm. Free breakfast was laid out nice(no waiting in lines), but slim pickings & slow at keeping things stocked at 830am. Rate $229, after taxes & parking - $285. Not cheap.

• Stayed August 2011
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn and Suites for 5 nights while we were in Nashville. Our room faced the back of The Country Music Hall of Fame and to a massive construction site. While we were worried the construction may be an issue, it rarely bothered us. Maybe one morning when they were jack hammering early, but honestly - you barely noticed it even that close. The rooms were clean, breakfast was free, and there are plenty of restaurants 2-3 blocks away. (Honky Tonk Row).

Nashville also has 2 free buses (east/west, north/south) so it's super easy to get where you want to go. If I were to go back, I would either choose this hotel, or the sister hotel Hilton located about 1 block away. We went in there to eat, and that is also very nice. One thing to note - Hampton Inn's do NOT have a restaurant attached, where as a Hilton does. Hampton Inn offers free breakfast, Hilton does not.

SIDENOTE: The little "mini food area" for snacks conveniences offers enough to satisfy for a quick bite, but with my own gluten and food issues, there was nothing I could eat. If you have gluten and dairy issues combined, prepare to bring your own snacks.

Rooms are standard hotel size, great comfortable beds, etc. All staff was friendly, smiled, and were helpful.

Room Tip: Ongoing construction next door. If you're sensitive to noise, ask for a room on side away from c...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

From check-in to check-out & everything in between, service was excellent! Special mention to Natalie at front desk- superb customer service & friendliness that wasn't fake. It starts your stay off great when you receive great service like that.
Hotel was clean, spotless room, pool & laundry. Great facilities and amenities. Bed was comfy, room a decent size. Great shower with variable water settings! Deserves more then 3stars. When I return to Nashville I know where I'm staying.

• Stayed August 2011
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Before I start my review, I would like to point out that where it says when I stayed at the Hampton Inn, the site made me choose from dates in a drop down menu and I wasn't able to write in the actual date I stayed here. It was a long time ago, I stayed here back in September of 2008, but just realized that I never wrote a review for this wonderful hotel !
First off, it's in a great location downtown ! Within walking distance from the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum, and if I remember correctly, not far from the Country Music Hall of Fame. And walking distance from Broadway Street where all the great honky tonk bars are !
My room was wonderful ! I loved it ! It was very clean, modern, well appointed and it smelled fresh and clean ! I had a room with a King size bed and the bed was huge and soo comfortable ! The matress was soft, comfy and the comforter was nice, fluffy and cozy ! The room was big, very spacious. The bathroom was very nice and clean too.
The breakfast at the Hampton Inn is wonderful ! So much choice, bacon, toast, yogurt, fruits etc... All in all, I loved this hotel and if I ever go back to Nashville, I will definitely stay here again ! (If they kept up with the same standards and the rooms and cleanliness are still the same, which I hope it is, since I went there back in 2008 )

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville - Downtown? Share your experiences!