“not wowed by this hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

Save Saved
You added Aloft Nashville West End to your Saves list
Aloft Nashville West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1719 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN (Formerly Indigo Hotel West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #73 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Greenville
“not wowed by this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

it was not a clean hotel, the pation on the first level was often dirty
hot water takes a while to kick in in the rooms
lots of marks on the walls of my rooms
lobby bar was a plus food was not good, bartender (she) did not get her name was very nice, to all of us.
i though the walls in the hallways were dark
internet was on again off again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Wish we had more! The location was perfect for what we were looking to do. We enjoyed the live music and food at The Row which was a quick walk. Really easy to get to the airport and a quick 20 to Hermitage.

The hotel itself was fine. We had fun in the lobby with the games and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfy and things we're clean. Our room's walls were pretty scuffed up but the positives outweighed the cons. My 10 year old loved the bean bag chairs and modern decor.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Davidson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Our first time visiting the chain and we left satisfied. Very convenient location, close to Vanderbilt. Helpful and friendly staff, ready to offer restaurant recommendations. Good fitness center with up to date equipment. The rooms were large and quite comfortable. We would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
West Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I spent 5 nights here. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wanted to like it. I did like it but had 3 concerns that sort of impacted my whole stay. 1.) The air conditioning in my room was SO LOUD I couldn't sleep with it on. When it would come on, it would run for about 2 minutes then go off for about 3 to 4 minutes. I had an impossible time getting room temperature comfortable. Let's say thermostat showed 77 deg. . . And I turned it down to 65 to try to cool. Within 2 mins thermostat would show 65 (from 77) and shut off. Then come back on in less than 3. It was frustrating and warm overnight. 2.) There was 1 desk chair in the room and 1 over sized beanbag. There was NO COMFORTABLE PLACE TO SIT after working all day to do anything. I ended up sitting on the bed. Not my favorite. 3.) I had trouble connecting to the Internet. I could get to the INNFLUX service screen of hotel and enter my pass code and password but system would fail at that point. Two coworkers staying here had no issue connecting but randomly multiple times each world get a YOU ARE MULTI TASKING error and be locked out of Internet for 2 hours. They were only doing emails and other small applications (not downloading anything like movies/music). This might be hard for other business travelers to deal with.

Those things aside: front desk staff was great. Lobby food area at breakfast staff was great. The parking valets were quick and friendly and great. Never had to wait for car. When I called in advance by time I was downstairs my car was there.

The shower head in bathroom was great. Best one (with pressure) I've had at a hotel in a long time. I used maid service everyday and things were spot on and great service.

Lots of good restaurants with .5 miles of hotel. Safe walking area. All in all a fine hotel. .. Just maybe I'm a little too old to enjoy the chic of it all.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear LAR801,
While we wish you had a better experience at our hotel, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our location and helpful staff. We appreciate you sharing your feedback in regard to your guest room, air conditioning, and WiFi because it is information like this that allows us the opportunity to improve. We do apologize for the inconveniences caused by these issues, and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we can make this up to you. Take care.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

As it was my first time a Aloft hotel, I was eager to discover this chain.
Location of Aloft Nashville is convenient, as there is a bus stop 10 meters on the left (or a short taxi ride will cost you $5 to go downtown).
If the design in the lobby is nice, I was no so impressed by my room (quite large but with ordinary furniture), neither by the corridors.
For breakfast you can order or take what you want (it's a kind of self service, I like the concept, and the choice was good).
The staff was lovely, friendly, extremely pleasant.

I haven't seen the vision of W Hotels at Aloft (I have been to many W Hotels). In my opinion it's a completely different style of hotels. It is much cheaper than W Hotels, the concept and design is great, but I think that the main reason to go to Aloft hotels is because they are probably the coolest hotels you could imagine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Slightly on the more expensive side but you pay for a good hotel with an excellent location. Staff were all super friendly, especially the bell boys and the rooms were large with funky decor. One thing that let the hotel down was the air conditioning, room was incredibly hot even with the aircon on high at the lowest possible temp but aside from that a good experience.

• Stayed August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel has very funky and strange decor. First, the art on all the walls is pretty trippy and looks like blood/colored Rorschach tests. There is a giant beanbag. The pillows are terribly large and way to firm for my little neck (I brought this to their attention, and I was told to order feather pillows. This is good to know in the future, but did not help me sleep that night, as there was no way for me to know I had this option.) The room was HOT. (I also brought this to their attention, and was told to adjust the thermostat, which I had tried and could not get it below 74.)

The gym at this Aloft was okay. It had a couple pieces of cardio equipment and several free weights in a small space. Not ideal, but I have definitely seen worse. It got the job done.

If you in a hurry in the morning, you can grab food from their pantry area and have it put on your bill (reasonable prices too, such as $2 for Odwalla bars and cereal).

The service was very helpful. They were receptive to my criticisms when I left (I shared the above concerns with them). They brought food from the hotel restaurant to my room when I got in late, and I appreciated that.

TIP: When you check in, you have to pull up to an impossibly small curb, which you will probably run over or fail to parallel park in. There is not remedy to this, so be warned-- there is not circle drive to pull into.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Nashville West End? Share your experiences!