“Nice location, Great Staff, But some concerns” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

You added Aloft Nashville West End to your Saves list
Aloft Nashville West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1719 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN (Formerly Indigo Hotel West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #75 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
West Jordan
“Nice location, Great Staff, But some concerns”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I spent 5 nights here. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wanted to like it. I did like it but had 3 concerns that sort of impacted my whole stay. 1.) The air conditioning in my room was SO LOUD I couldn't sleep with it on. When it would come on, it would run for about 2 minutes then go off for about 3 to 4 minutes. I had an impossible time getting room temperature comfortable. Let's say thermostat showed 77 deg. . . And I turned it down to 65 to try to cool. Within 2 mins thermostat would show 65 (from 77) and shut off. Then come back on in less than 3. It was frustrating and warm overnight. 2.) There was 1 desk chair in the room and 1 over sized beanbag. There was NO COMFORTABLE PLACE TO SIT after working all day to do anything. I ended up sitting on the bed. Not my favorite. 3.) I had trouble connecting to the Internet. I could get to the INNFLUX service screen of hotel and enter my pass code and password but system would fail at that point. Two coworkers staying here had no issue connecting but randomly multiple times each world get a YOU ARE MULTI TASKING error and be locked out of Internet for 2 hours. They were only doing emails and other small applications (not downloading anything like movies/music). This might be hard for other business travelers to deal with.

Those things aside: front desk staff was great. Lobby food area at breakfast staff was great. The parking valets were quick and friendly and great. Never had to wait for car. When I called in advance by time I was downstairs my car was there.

The shower head in bathroom was great. Best one (with pressure) I've had at a hotel in a long time. I used maid service everyday and things were spot on and great service.

Lots of good restaurants with .5 miles of hotel. Safe walking area. All in all a fine hotel. .. Just maybe I'm a little too old to enjoy the chic of it all.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear LAR801,
While we wish you had a better experience at our hotel, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our location and helpful staff. We appreciate you sharing your feedback in regard to your guest room, air conditioning, and WiFi because it is information like this that allows us the opportunity to improve. We do apologize for the inconveniences caused by these issues, and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we can make this up to you. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

As it was my first time a Aloft hotel, I was eager to discover this chain.
Location of Aloft Nashville is convenient, as there is a bus stop 10 meters on the left (or a short taxi ride will cost you $5 to go downtown).
If the design in the lobby is nice, I was no so impressed by my room (quite large but with ordinary furniture), neither by the corridors.
For breakfast you can order or take what you want (it's a kind of self service, I like the concept, and the choice was good).
The staff was lovely, friendly, extremely pleasant.

I haven't seen the vision of W Hotels at Aloft (I have been to many W Hotels). In my opinion it's a completely different style of hotels. It is much cheaper than W Hotels, the concept and design is great, but I think that the main reason to go to Aloft hotels is because they are probably the coolest hotels you could imagine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Slightly on the more expensive side but you pay for a good hotel with an excellent location. Staff were all super friendly, especially the bell boys and the rooms were large with funky decor. One thing that let the hotel down was the air conditioning, room was incredibly hot even with the aircon on high at the lowest possible temp but aside from that a good experience.

• Stayed August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel has very funky and strange decor. First, the art on all the walls is pretty trippy and looks like blood/colored Rorschach tests. There is a giant beanbag. The pillows are terribly large and way to firm for my little neck (I brought this to their attention, and I was told to order feather pillows. This is good to know in the future, but did not help me sleep that night, as there was no way for me to know I had this option.) The room was HOT. (I also brought this to their attention, and was told to adjust the thermostat, which I had tried and could not get it below 74.)

The gym at this Aloft was okay. It had a couple pieces of cardio equipment and several free weights in a small space. Not ideal, but I have definitely seen worse. It got the job done.

If you in a hurry in the morning, you can grab food from their pantry area and have it put on your bill (reasonable prices too, such as $2 for Odwalla bars and cereal).

The service was very helpful. They were receptive to my criticisms when I left (I shared the above concerns with them). They brought food from the hotel restaurant to my room when I got in late, and I appreciated that.

TIP: When you check in, you have to pull up to an impossibly small curb, which you will probably run over or fail to parallel park in. There is not remedy to this, so be warned-- there is not circle drive to pull into.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thought this was upscale for the price. Not great. They try to be trendy but really need to step up their game. Staff was super friendly. Location was great. Ceilings looked almost like they had molded and they tried to cover it up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas R, Front Office Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Good afternoon. I just want to start by saying thank you for the praise about our staff. We all love what we do and try to make it show so thank you for the recognition. As for the conditions of the room I apologize. We are trying to go through as often as possible to ensure they are all of the same quality. If you'll reach out to me at nicholas.richardson@aloftnashvillewestend.com I would like to hear more feedback and see what we can do to get you back here.

Thanks again for all of your feedback.

Nicholas Richardson
Lafayette, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed in Aloft in July of 2014. First of all, they charge 27$ for parking per car in garage, on top of the 289$ per room a night. Next the wall were dirty. I get my credit card statement and it was over charge of 100$. I called the manager and he only wanted to give me part back. There was no continental breakfast, it was like 4$ for a banana. I will never choose an Aloft to stay in again. The only thing I have good to say is that the rooms were very large and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nicholas R, Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to reach out and apologize for the negative experience you had. I'll be more than happy to look into the over charge for the room. You can email me at Nicholas.Richardson@aloftnashvillewestend.com or call me @ 615-329-4200.
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Overall the staff was very friendly the lobby feels like a great college dorm, and you will get free coffee but that is about it. The rooms are huge and they stock better than average shampoo, although they feel dated and the laminate floor has seen better days. The hotel is also a good walk to night life but there are a lot of great restaurants close by.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Aloft Nashville West End? Share your experiences!