“Old and not real clean.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

Save Saved
You added Aloft Nashville West End to your Saves list
Aloft Nashville West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1719 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN (Formerly Indigo Hotel West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #76 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
“Old and not real clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Thought this was upscale for the price. Not great. They try to be trendy but really need to step up their game. Staff was super friendly. Location was great. Ceilings looked almost like they had molded and they tried to cover it up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas R, Front Office Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Good afternoon. I just want to start by saying thank you for the praise about our staff. We all love what we do and try to make it show so thank you for the recognition. As for the conditions of the room I apologize. We are trying to go through as often as possible to ensure they are all of the same quality. If you'll reach out to me at nicholas.richardson@aloftnashvillewestend.com I would like to hear more feedback and see what we can do to get you back here.

Thanks again for all of your feedback.

Nicholas Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lafayette, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed in Aloft in July of 2014. First of all, they charge 27$ for parking per car in garage, on top of the 289$ per room a night. Next the wall were dirty. I get my credit card statement and it was over charge of 100$. I called the manager and he only wanted to give me part back. There was no continental breakfast, it was like 4$ for a banana. I will never choose an Aloft to stay in again. The only thing I have good to say is that the rooms were very large and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nicholas R, Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to reach out and apologize for the negative experience you had. I'll be more than happy to look into the over charge for the room. You can email me at Nicholas.Richardson@aloftnashvillewestend.com or call me @ 615-329-4200.
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Overall the staff was very friendly the lobby feels like a great college dorm, and you will get free coffee but that is about it. The rooms are huge and they stock better than average shampoo, although they feel dated and the laminate floor has seen better days. The hotel is also a good walk to night life but there are a lot of great restaurants close by.

Stayed June 2014
Chattanooga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We we there for 2 nights, with additional family staying in other rooms. First, I don't think I've ever stayed in such a unique hotel. It was very "art deco", with spacious rooms and bathrooms. The front dest staff were very friendly and accommodating, getting our 3 rooms next to each other. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking a roof with air conditioning equipment, which was not the best, but we appreciated all of us being together. The rooms were HUGE, the beds were comfortable, and everything was very clean, although a bit tired looking. There were large bean bags in our room, which were not needed. A better use of the space would have been to put a sofa bed or even an additional chair in the unused space. We like the doorless shower, although it was right next to the bathroom door, which made it a bit awkward. But there was lots of counter space. The mini-fridge and Keurig coffe pot was a nice touch. The breakfast attendant and late-night bartender were prompt, courteous, and very accommodating. The location on West End was great! We valeted our vehicles for a pricy $25 a day, but we could get our cars out as many times as we needed. The valets were extremely prompt and courteous. We were happy with our stay overall, and will stay again next time we are in Nashville. The rooms need sprucing up a bit, and we would have been happier with a better view, but overall very pleased!

Room Tip: Rooms 306, 308, and 310 have a poor view of anything except a rooftop with equipment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I want to preface this review with the reason I stayed at this particular hotel. My brother (who booked the hotel) was scheduled for hip surgery at St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville. I have never stayed at this hotel, but was familiar with the area. What I was preparing myself for was a couple of days in which I would be giving 24 hour care to a recovering adult.

To my amazement and surprise, I had more help than I could imagine thanks to your brilliant staff. I want to speak specifically to the 3-11pm shift on Tuesday-Friday - Hannah, John, and Mike. From the moment I got there, they answered questions specific to handling the care for post-surgery with grace and patience. All three of them asked about my brother multiple times w/ authentic concern and curiosity in their voice w/o prompting. Mike aided me in making sure that I had the closest valet spot in front of the hotel for my brother to have ease of access as well as assist me w/ finding parking nearby since I simply could not afford the valet parking. John made sure that any small details I needed or asked questions were taken care of so that I could focus on my brother as well as hook me up w/ deals and recommendations for local food. And I am especially thankful for Hannah. She managed to find my brother a wheelchair from another hotel in 3 minutes flat as we drove from the nearby hospital back to the hotel after being in the hospital for 12 hours (and exhausted). Furthermore, she donated an appetizer and adult beverage for me to have the night of the surgery that I needed. She, along w/ John, made sure that all needs were met from extra water to changing bedsheets late in the evening. She was also a natural conversationalist that gave me a chance to vent/grieve in a city where I had no friends or family available. I also mention that for John and Mike, but she, by far, received the brunt of it :-).

I am a licensed mental health/substance abuse counselor who has been working w/ people for years. And I must say that your staff (those mentioned above and others) have a gift for empathy, listening, and a simple grace that is ideal for interacting with people. These are qualities that are often difficult, if not impossible, to teach. I drove back 5 hours to Kingsport, TN and then 2.5 hours to Lenoir, NC filled w/ an overwhelming sense of gratefulness towards your staff. They are the reason I didn't loose my %^*#)& during this stressful time. They deserve recognition and reward for being exceptional. You have talent on your staff.

Thank you and I look forward to staying again. Hopefully, for a vacation :-)

James Lewicki

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear James L,
Firstly, we hope your brother is healing well and has a very speedy recovery. It’s our team’s priority to provide our guests with outstanding service, and it is truly our pleasure to accommodate you especially in your time of need. We will celebrate Hannah, John, and Mike for going above and beyond to make your stay as easy and comfortable as possible in addition to lending a listening ear. We are very happy we were able to make your visit enjoyable, and we do hope to see you for a relaxing vacation! All the best.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My comments for this hotel relate to the Aloft brand in general, and this particular stay. Although the staff was very friendly we found the physical plant to be, well, unusual. Not sure what Aloft is trying to be....but it comes across as trying too hard. Is it trying to be a scaled down W, or an upscale Sheraton 4 Points? Seems a little lost, as it achieves neither very well. Bar but no restaurant. Food available in 'store' but poor selection. Pool table in lobby...and an odd play list.

Room was large and bed was good, bathroom was fine but lacking in amenities, like hair conditioner, and the lack of shower door or curtain left the floor wet. Air conditioner cycled noisily on an off all night and there is an overgrown beanbag chair in the room called a FATBAG (or boy). Hall noise is, well noisy, with door shutting.

Overall an ‘okay’ stay but Aloft has not convinced

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First of all, let me say that this is probably one of the best Aloft hotels I've stayed at. You walk in, there's a (so-so too much spicy mayo on the rolls) sushi restaurant attached to it, and live music (which was awesome and totally Nashville). Everyone from the parking attendants to the check in counter workers were extremely welcoming and friendly. I was upgraded to a suite (thank you!) and it was a great room - not a high-end property by any means but definitely trendy. Beanbags in the living room, two TVs, cool decor, a great view of downtown Nashville, and lots of space. Minor design flaw - there is a support pillar between the king bed and the bathroom - not the ideal place for it especially if someone needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. There were some cracks on the wall, paint could have been refreshed - still - all minor issues. But the AC unit - when it came on, it was like a 747 just flew over your head. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until I unpacked my suitcase and plugged in my gadgets how loud the thing was, otherwise I'd ask for a room switch, but it would have been nice for them to check the functionality of the units and perhaps dampen the sound before assigning the room. Fortunately it wasn't too hot outside and I didn't need to turn on the AC anyway... Thanks for a great stay otherwise - would come back !

Room Tip: ask for a suite - they are great !!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Nashville West End? Share your experiences!