“More than you'd expect from a 3-star hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

Save Saved
You added Aloft Nashville West End to your Saves list
Aloft Nashville West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1719 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN (Formerly Indigo Hotel West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #74 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“More than you'd expect from a 3-star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This aLoft hotel is in a great location in Nashville. The front desk staff were all considerate, worked diligently and quickly, and were good at their jobs. We were upgraded to a higher floor, king-bed room because the room we booked (via Hotwire) wasn't available when we checked in. The room was spacious, and the bed was really comfortable. Aside from that, it appeared to be decorated with all Ikea furniture. The doors were very good at blocking out sound from the hallway, which resulted in a very noisy room when people walked/talked outside the room.

Overall, I would say the decor is unique and the things that matter were above expectations, but the room felt more like a college dorm room and $24/day to park was ridiculous. That's why I gave it 3 stars, because it neither was amazing nor terrible, good nor bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Blake W,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and we're happy that you had a pleasant stay.

Take care!

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

i was only here overnight on business but very pleased with this location of Aloft. The lobby/refresh/refuel/recharge (I think that's what they call the gym) were well appointed and the breakfast that was included as a Platinum amenity was also excellent.
My room was ready early which was important to me since I'd been on an early flight and had time to freshen up before my noon meeting. The room was large and airy (perhaps a little too airy since it was so cold during my visit. Everything was clean nd the bed comfy. The desk was large and lots of outlets. There was a bean bag chair that struck me as odd. I didn't use but tested it out and believe I could have made use of it.
My one negative comment was the TV system was not the usual lodgenet so choices were limited and usually I wouldn't mind but since it is Oscars season I was going to rent a movie.

Room Tip: My room was on the 9th floor. I think facing the entrance to the hotel was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was our first visit to Nashville, and I wanted to use Starwood points for our hotel. After reading the reviews of Aloft West End, I was a bit torn about whether this place was going to be the right choice for us... I'm happy to report that it definitely was. The front desk staff was smart, witty, and helpful. Lucky for us, an upgrade was available, and we ended up with a lovely suite on the 6th floor. Everything was clean, and really well laid out. I'd read other reviewers comments about broken/damaged fixtures, but did not have any such problems. There was a little noise in the morning (somebody playing guitar, which felt very Nashville!), but it wasn't too loud or too early. One of my favorite things about this place was the location; it's not exactly the main drag area (where the bars, tourist stuff is), and not quite on the West End (where Vanderbilt and lots of other attractions are), but easy walking distance (about 15 minutes) from both. The walk East is not the nicest in the world, but it's fine. Overall, this was a great (and very affordable, even if we hadn't used points!) place to hang your hat in Nashville. Will be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is the trendy brand for Starwood and usually they are ok when traveling for business. Basically no emphasis places on delivering 5 star service. The room was very big but the plastic wood floor was kind of cold. The sis complaints the desk at check out about the bathroom fixtures falling off. They apologized. The free coffee is a plus and the staff was available to refill it. The gym was passable. All in all it was fine.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is definitely my favorite hotel in Nashville... I've stayed here several times and I loved all three. The decor is just how I like it... modern yet still comfortable. Whoever designed the rooms should receive an award. The bar and lobby area is also amazing, and the drinks are spectacular. The only downside is that f you're looking for downtown Nashville (their bars and whatnot) expect to drive or pay a bit for a cab. In my opinion, it's worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I loved this hotel. Staff was very friendly, hotel was gorgeous. Beds super comfy. Room was really clean. I would definitely stay there again. I liked the modern feel of the whole hotel. Pool table in the lobby was also a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel was previously Hotel Indigo and they have not done much in upgrading the rooms. It feels like a semi-trendy Days Inn. Rooms were clean and staff were super friendly. However, I have never witnessed such a loud cleaning crew in my life - all day banging doors and yelling at each other from one end of the hall to the other. Don't count on any daytime naps here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Nashville West End? Share your experiences!