“Great Customer Service in Modern Vibe Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Nashville West End

You added Aloft Nashville West End to your Saves list
Aloft Nashville West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1719 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN (Formerly Indigo Hotel West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #76 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Georgia
“Great Customer Service in Modern Vibe Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently overnight stayed at the Aloft for a meeting the next morning. After the meeting was over, I charged my tablet on one of the high tables in the lobby (which feature charging stations). In my hurry to catch the airport shuttle, I left one of my charge cables in the charging station.

I called the next day to inquire whether or not one had been turned in or found. The manager came on line to say that yes they had, and that she would be shipping it out to me the next day at the hotel's expense.

A day or two later it was arriving at my home, and crisis averted! Talk about FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Very clean hotel with modern vibe -- very glad I stayed here!

Room Tip: Back away from West End road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Little_Rodina,
Thank you for sharing your positive sentiments about our hotel and your recent stay with us. We are glad we could accommodate you and send back the missing items you left behind and that you received them immediately. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Nashville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Great Falls, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Read all of the negative reviews about the construction and housekeeping issues. Construction inside the hotel seems robe done. Construction across the street is going on, but I didn't notice it. Staff was friendly and helpful, and room was functional. No problems with the housekeeping or plumbing, noise, etc. A good location and a fair value for the price.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear KLA59,
We appreciate your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations now that all of our renovations are complete. We're also pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay, and that you were satisfied with our housekeeping services as well as our convenient location in Nashville. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travel 90 nights a year and picked this hotel mainly for the Starwood points. This is one of the worst stays I have had at a hotel this year. If I had to do it over, I would stay just about anywhere else. There are many other nice hotels in the area competitively priced. For this hotel, the positives are a nice staff and neat hotel concept. The negatives (too many to list here) are: 1. Don't take a shower before you go to bed. The residual water on the floor will drip through the drain to the drainpipe and echo through your room for 1-2 hours (in my case midnight to 2a), echoing through the slatted bathroom door into your room, keeping you awake like Chinese water torture. (I mentioned to this an employee and the staff said he knew this was a problem--old hotel. 2. At 7:00a on Saturday morning, a pile driver is driving piles into the ground, shaking the entire building. Don't plan on sleeping past 7:00a. By the looks of it, the foundation for the building across the street (see explosives review on May 12) is going to continue for a few more months and the construction of the building will go until late 2014. Huge noise. Stay elsewhere. 3. At 3am, suddenly the automatic lock on my door starts beeping like an alarm every 45 seconds; no engineers work at Aloft at night so have to have an engineer come to my room at 6:30am to fix it (after no sleep at night)--of course, the pile driver at 7:00a (mentioned above) seemed as an only appropriate way to insure I did fall back asleep! 4. Hit and run cleaning. When I arrived at the hotel, no soap in the room. At the end of the first day, I came back to my room to find it was only half way cleaned. Bathroom was not finished, my pillows were all over the room, beds were only partially made. 5. The last morning I am there, TV won't turn on. Staff can't figure out why. 6. Even little things show they just don't care. I stayed in room 718, but on the phone it says room 618. What hotel phone has the wrong room number on it. It is not like the room number changes daily and they just forgot to change it today. It goes on and on. I am Starwood Gold (25+ nights in Starwood Hotels) and this is a HUGE HUGE embarrassment to the Starwood brand and management. Forget the points, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If everything is sold out for a 30 mile radius, then you might have to stay here. Ask for a room fa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear trapeze3000,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the issues you encountered during your stay. We apologize for the noise disturbances and mechanical difficulties you experienced in your room, as well as the inconvenience and frustration this caused you during your stay. We know the importance of being able to relax and unwind in your guest room when you are traveling, and we are very disappointed this was not the case for you. We value your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and always strive to provide you with the highest level of quality and service that is standard at Starwood Hotels and Aloft. I have passed your comments along to the hotel management team so we can look into the issues you experienced, and implement the necessary changes to address your comments immediately. If there is anything else you would like to discuss in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact our General Manager, Deci Arce, via email at DArce@aloftnashvillewestend.com. Again, we sincerely apologize.
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The location and facilities has potential to be a great Aloft brand hotel but the service quality is the worst. We thought it was a fluke the first time but the second time was just as bad. It is a huge attitude problem where things aren't attended to...coffee machine with old canisters left in, no cleaning of rooms except making of bed, front desk who doesn't even acknowledge you, had to ask for dark roast coffee three times for coffee machine and kept getting different teas and decaf. Unbelievable. Stay at Hutton or Courtyard instead.

Dear TedNapaValley,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your stay. We are disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered at our hotel, and want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is our number one priority at Aloft to provide our guests with everything you may want or need during your stay, and to do so with a smile on our face, so we understand your frustration. I have passed your feedback along to the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into these issues further, and address with our staff accordingly in order to make improvements. If you would like to discuss anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact our General Manager, Deci Arce, via email at DArce@aloftnashvillewestend.com.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

1 friend
A S.
Leave the gun, take the cannolis.
Falls Church, VA

5/10/2013
What would you do if a bomb exploded, shaking the entire hotel and woke you at 6:30am? Would you be scared? Would you want to know what was happening? Would you try to call the front desk?

I was traveling with a friend to Nashville and was happy to see that we had bid and "Named Our Own Price" at the Aloft Nashville West End on Priceline.

Though parking was expensive ($22), our check in at around 7:30pm was pleasant. We went into our room and it was ok. However, two incidents occurred which were greatly upsetting and reflect very poorly on this hotel and Starwood.

At 6:30am, we were awakened by an explosion that shook the entire hotel. It was so violent, that we felt that it HAD to be in the hotel or very close. I immediately picked up the phone to call the front desk to find that there was no ring tone! My friend ran to the door and said that he didn't see any smoke or fire but we should get dressed and leave the hotel.

I had the sense to use my smart phone and call the hotel's main number. It was immediately answered by a female who sounded very calm. I told her that we had heard an explosion and were very concerned. She asked if we hadn't noticed all of the construction (ummm no, we were supposed to?) going on down the street and stated that a new hotel was being built down the street. The builders/city used explosives two or three times a week at 6:30am to clear the grounds. She further stated that the hotel was not given notice when these explosions would occur and it wasn't their responsibility. I asked that since the hotel knew these explosions happen, shouldn't the hotel notify guests that this *might* occur? She then brusquely reiterated that it was not the responsibility of the hotel to inform their guests because they are not given prior warning from the city, so it was out of their hands. I was shocked.

We are from Washington, DC. We both had had experiences in our lives with terrorism, bombs etc during 9/11 and since then. Clearly our lives were/are affected differently than someone from Nashville. The Boston bombing was only a few weeks ago. When the explosion occurred, my first immediate thought was of Oklahoma City and terrorist attack.

I was too upset to sleep so I took a very long shower, packed and went downstairs to the front desk and told the person there, Hugo, that I wanted to speak to a manager about what had occurred that morning. Knowing I was so upset, I made sure I was speaking in a low, calm, carefully modulated voice. I realized there were other guest behind me and didn't want to create a scene as they didn't seem upset at all.

Hugo was immediately defensive and angry. He said that general manager wasn't there and when I asked if there a manager on duty, he said no. Rather than addressing my concern, he asked if I wanted someone to look at the phone and see why it wasn't working. When I said no, he asked if I wanted to close out the room and have my car brought around from the valet.

I told him my friend was still in the room and would be down shortly. Instead, I wanted to find out how to contact a manager. He went to the other side of the desk and brought back a business card for the general manager. As he handed it to me, it stated once again that the manager wasn't there. At that point I asked what his name was and wrote it down on the card. He asked once again if I wanted to check out. Since it was clear that he wouldn't help, I said yes

As I waited in the lobby for my friend, I overheard two employees behind me talking in the breakfast nook area and spoke to another employee. I asked him if there was a manager on duty and he pointed to Hugo. "It's the guy at the front desk". I was puzzled, and asked again. He stated that Hugo was the front desk manager and in charge until the manager came in around 10 or 10:30am. When he asked what was wrong, I told him what had happened starting from the explosion, to the call, to what Hugo had told me. I was SHOCKED when he said that the explosions don't happen two or three times a week. THEY HAPPEN EVERY DAY! He said he'd have the GM call me when she got in.

The second my friend came down, we left immediately. As we walked out the door, Hugo said "I'm sorry about YOUR problem."

REALLY?!??!?!?

When I got home, I sent an email to Starwood. No response. No surprise that the GM at the Aloft never called, even though I called and left a message too.

I'm sure the hotel didn't want to lose business if they explained about the explosions. How greedy! You might have gotten my business for one night but how many customers will you lose now?

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here while in town overnight for fun. I'd seen the place many times and we usually stay down the street at the Hampton Inn. We wanted to try something different and this particular weekend we noticed the Aloft was a good bit cheaper than Hampton so we gave it a try. We were pleasantly surprised with the room. The bed was very comfy and the shower awesome. Our favorite "treats" were the Ipod base and the Keurig. Finally a hotel with decent in-room coffee. We'd definitely stay there again.
Only negative is the valet. It's valet parking only and after 10ish the valet is inside, so you have to get out of your car and leave it on the street to go inside and get the valet to come out and park your car. Stupid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear drunkitty2000,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear of your satisfaction with our hotel and room amenities during your stay. We're glad you found your room so accommodating and enjoyed the little extras like our Keurig coffee makers. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Nashville!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have had the most awful experience dealing with the management at the Aloft Hotel Nashville West End. I spend a significant time in Nashville on business and stayed at the hotel at the suggestion of a friend.

When I went to check out of the hotel, there was a fradulent $500+ bar tab on my bill with no recourse because someone fraudulently signed my name on the bill. There was absolutely no help or recourse from management. I will never in life stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Deci A, General Manager at Aloft Nashville West End, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Felicia S.,
I do apologize that you had some charges on your credit card that you feel are not yours. The hotel has done some research on these charges and will reach out to you privately to discuss what we have found.
I am sorry that this trip was not what you expected, as our goal is to make each guest comfortable and have a good time while visiting Nashville.
I again apologize for this situation, and will reach out to you personally to see how we can get this cleared up.
Best Regards,
Deci Arce

Been to Aloft Nashville West End? Share your experiences!