“Great value, great people, very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Music City Hostel

Music City Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
You added Music City Hostel to your Saves list
1809 Patterson St., Nashville, TN 37203   |
Seattle, WA
“Great value, great people, very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I did not have very high expecatations, I thought it would just be a cheap place to lay my head but I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great, very warm and provided amazing information about the city, where to eat, where to go, how to get there....The rooms were cleaner than I was anticipating. I stayed in an all girls room in bunk beds with our own private bathroom. The paint was new, the bathrooms were new, the floors were clean, the beds were clean. All the rooms actually locked with a passcode so I felt very safe. They have free parking, which is a $20 a day value. It is fairly close to downtown (it took me about 20 minutes to walk) and close to Vanderbilt and Cenntennial Park. You just have to realize that it is a hostel, there will be cool people to meet and hang out with, but its not a 5 star hotel. If you know that going in you will have a great time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and I am sold! I brought my 14-year-old daughter and her friend here for a week. The staff are fantastic. The place is clean, organized, and very well run. Wonderful sense of community. Great location -- very convenient to downtown Nashville. Off-street parking, ample access to bathrooms, well stocked/equipped kitchen. These guys really care about your total experience. They are understandably proud of their facilities and service. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

They were in a middle of a refub, so I only stayed a couple of nights. But the place was clean and the staff lovely.

The location wasnt as close to the centre as I thought it was but still not miles away.

Internet was fantastic, very fast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

At first i thought it was going to be terrible, but the ;ady was so helpful she gives yo a map and tells you were to go and were to stay clear from, at night everyone sits outside withe the guitar playing drinking games before heading off into tow. It is like staying at your grannys house very cute.

• Liked — Freindly atmoshere.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I had a great time at Music City Hostel. I booked a private room because I knew I wasn't in a mood to bunk in with others. It was lovely. Clean. I had a private half bath.

Ron and Hope (the management) were friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure the many varied travelers who arrived at their door knew where they were going and how to get there. They collected info about free events and freely and patiently dispensed it all day long.

When I coughed all night from a cold, Hope arrived the next morning at my door with orange juice to help me get better. The Raddison wouldn't do that for you!

Sure it's not a hotel, but I didn't go there expecting a hotel. The place is clean and the vibe is friendly. If you want an economical place to stay in Nashville and to meet a few interesting people while you're at it - go to the Music City Hostel. You can sing along with the folks on the front porch playing guitar.

Read the reviews on the Hostelling sites if you don't believe me. You'll enjoy the Music City Hostel if you have appropriate expectations.

• Liked — Pleasant, friendly atmosphere. Great company.
  • Disliked — Small common area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Micib
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

You get what you pay for and the price reflected what we got.
The hostel is arranged like a series of little bungalow houses. Ours seemed to have two private rooms which each could hold 4 people. There were another two curtained off areas which seemed to hold another 4 each. I felt pretty sorry for the guys in one of these areas as it was right by the door and everyone had to walk past them to get to their beds - and it wasn't so much a curtain protecting their privacy as a half-blind.
Having said that, the place was pretty clean and tidy for a hostel and the atmosphere between all those staying was good.
The lady who runs the place is pretty firm but I got the feeling she was probably a softie underneath once you got to know her.

Overall, I'd stay here again for the money -- but I'd prefer to have more money to stay somewhere of better quality.

• Liked — Friendliness of other hostel stayers
  • Disliked — Smelly socks aroma
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

We got this hostel from the Lonely Planet, but its definitely a poor recommendation. The kitchen is so small that if anyone else is in it you can't cook anything, there is nothing free included as is with most hostels (eg internet), it has a tiny tv with nowhere proper to sit and watch it, and the dorm beds are uncomfortable as hell. The location is also a long long way from the main area of Nashville, so taxi only to get in (extra expense). The owner/manager has a serious attitude problem with people staying as well and I felt extremely uncomfortable the whole time - I ended up checking out a day early and was refused a return of payment for my final night. I don't like complaining and have never felt the need to write a bad review before but this place really got my back up.

• Liked — The fellow travellers - good spirit of unity
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Music City Hostel? Share your experiences!