“Great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Music City Hostel

Music City Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
You added Music City Hostel to your Saves list
1809 Patterson St., Nashville, TN 37203   |
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was doing a musical trip with 2 friends.
We call to the hostel from Nashville's airport without a reservation. The reception was brillant.
People are very cool. I made friendship with a lot of people from all around the world.
It's not very near the centre. But you can walk 25 minutes to the bars in Broadway. Probably it worth to share a taxi on the way back "home".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a good place to sleep and the staff is nice. It's a little run down and it's difficult to charge anything because the electrical outlets are so old plugs just fall out of the outlet and land on the ground. Also, even with the central air it still felt a little hot in the unit which made it harder for me to sleep. It's a great location if you will be spending a lot of time at the gay bars and clubs up and down church street, however if that's not your scene you can't beat their other Hostel in downtown. Stay at that one instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I showed up to the Patterson location around midnight, and they sent me to their other location, on 1st Ave. North and Church st. I'm glad they did. This place was not only in a fantastic location, but it was really cool inside! I've been to a lot of hostels, and this is definitely top 3. The staff saved me from a $20 parking fee by referring me to a parking garage down the road, and they were fun to hang out with. The rooms were well kept (I'm a professional cleaner, so I'm not just saying that) and the commons area was loaded with fun things to do, and space to hang out. I couch surfed the first couple of nights, which was free, but would rather have paid to stay here. It was a blast, and I'll definitely stay there again next time I go to Nashville. (Be sure to stay at the downtown location)

Room Tip: The fourth floor is a 24/7 quiet zone, a great experience.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Needing just a place to sleep for the night, this hostel serves the purpose. At minimal cost, I had a bed with clean sheets, clean bathroom, wi-fi, access to microwave, refrigerator, etc. Coffee in the morning reading the local paper. Free parking right outside of the rooms. Sort of a home away from home. I highly recommend if you don't need luxuries like a sauna, pool, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the new downtown Music City Hostel a couple of weeks ago with friends and absolutely LOVED IT! It was much bigger than I thought with a spacious chill out area, all open plan with the kitchen and reception area, which is also the laundry area too. FREE WI-FI and there's also 3-4 computers available to use too.
We stayed int he Patsy Cline room, i love how all the rooms are named after famous artists! There's a choice of private bathrooms or female bathrooms with clean showers, toilets, sink etc...all really spacious.
The location is fantastic - you're a 5min walk from downtown Nashville where all the cool bars are and also where the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum is too, and the Ryman - everything is right on your doorstep.
The staff are really helpful, if a little too laid back, but i think that's the deep south in general, i'm from the UK so not used to that! Ha! I liked the fact that they had their 'quiet rule' on the floors where the dorms are, you had to be quiet after 10pm so you could go party all night, and even carry on in main reception area! And no one in bed would be bothered.
Amazing value for money - i highly recommend peeps! I will most definitely be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the new downtown location on 1st Avenue North. The staff were great when we had any questions or needed help and they were all really nice and we'd become friends with a few of them. The lounge area was big and spacious- a few seating areas, dining table, tv, and piano. The kitchen was probably one of the best kitchens I've seen in a hostel- spacious and well equipped. Rooms were big as well, only thing was there were no mirrors or hooks because obviously the place is new and they're still fixing the place up, but those were minor details. Location was amazing, close to Broadway and easy to navigate.

The only negatives were- you had to pay for a towel and for luggage storage.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed for 5 days and i had een great time..the staff was very friendly and would help you out if you have any questions. Great place to meet other people and musicians. Also you could sit outside wich was very nice..felt sad to leave but I would definitely go back when Ik visit nashville.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Music City Hostel? Share your experiences!