“New downtown location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Music City Hostel

Music City Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Music City Hostel
1809 Patterson St., Nashville, TN 37203   |
“New downtown location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the new downtown location on 1st Avenue North. The staff were great when we had any questions or needed help and they were all really nice and we'd become friends with a few of them. The lounge area was big and spacious- a few seating areas, dining table, tv, and piano. The kitchen was probably one of the best kitchens I've seen in a hostel- spacious and well equipped. Rooms were big as well, only thing was there were no mirrors or hooks because obviously the place is new and they're still fixing the place up, but those were minor details. Location was amazing, close to Broadway and easy to navigate.

The only negatives were- you had to pay for a towel and for luggage storage.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 5 days and i had een great time..the staff was very friendly and would help you out if you have any questions. Great place to meet other people and musicians. Also you could sit outside wich was very nice..felt sad to leave but I would definitely go back when Ik visit nashville.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Simply among the best hostels anywhere.

There are two hostels in Nashville - operated by the same people - and I've stayed at both. So I thought i'd just review the two of them at the same time.

I'm originally from Scotland, but am now based in Atlanta. I've traveled pretty extensively throughout Europe and the USA, and have stayed at Music City Hostel and the new Downtown Nashville Hostel several times. Both hostels, in my opinion, are among the best I've stayed in.

The owner, Ron, always makes you feel welcome and the hostels have a great atmosphere. Being in Nashville a lot of the people staying there are songwriters, singers or musicians, which means you're never short of music! The hostels have pianos, guitars and various other instruments for the guests to use, but the music areas are far enough away from the guest rooms so they don't disturb your sleep. They also have quiet hours between 11pm-8am.

The Downtown Hostel is a great location if you want to party. It's around 3 minutes walk from Broadway (the main bar/club/ music area of Nashville) and is right on the river with some really nice views. Music City Hostel - the other location - is around10 minutes walk from Music Row (the music business area of Nashville), so if you're in town on business that's the place to be.

I've always found both hostels to be clean and tidy and the staff to be very helpful. As I'm from the UK my standards are pretty high; but I've never really found any reason for complaint at either of these hostels.

Sometimes the hostel can make your whole trip. I've always had a great time at these places. I think you will too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I am reviewing the Nashville Downtown Hostel (Music City's sister hostel).

This hostel is brand new and so is everything in it. It's a nice change going to a hostel with new and modern bathrooms and decor.

Best thing about this hostel is the location!

The service was awesome, had some great conversations with staff and they were incredibly helpful.

Hostel is kept pretty clean and they have a good cleaning system in the kitchen. Kitchen is well equipped, cooked there lots!

Kind of strange that the washing machines and dryers were behind the front desk. Found it quite awkward throwing your dirty undies into a washing machine there.

Common room is massive with sofas, tables and chairs, a piano and guitars. A really great area but needs a TV or background music. Was kind of an awkward, echoey atmosphere when no one was busting out their skills on the instruments! Just a small thing but I think it would attract a lot more people to the common area.

Rooms are clean, new and basic. They don't have any wall hooks or a chair so there's nowhere to hang your towel let alone any clothes you need to decrease after being crammed in your suitcase! I imagine you could hang towels on dorm bunk beds but there's literally no where in private rooms.

Girls toilet paper was almost always out every morning. They definitely need to do something about that!

Not a bad hostel, I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
South Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was at the newer Down Town Hostel, not the other one. It was fantastic!! Could not fault it. Very friendly staff, great location, felt very safe. You are less than 4 min walk to Broadway! It's on the same block. Just on the opposite side.
I have stayed in a lot of hostels and this is an awesome one. I love how the rooms are not numbered, but named after songs and their singers!
A++++++++

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was only here for one night with a friend, but we wish we could have stayed longer!!! Awesome atmosphere - completely renovated building downtown Nashville...definitely dig the contemporary urban living and decor!!! GREAT location and super helpful staff. This hostel has got their act together. Apparently they have been running the one in midtown for 9 years I think...I don't know anything about that one, but the downtown hostel is worth every penny and then some!! Thanks to Ron and crew for welcoming us! Best wishes for continuing to make this place a wonderful community! My only suggestion is to improve signage ASAP as it was difficult to find (drove past it like 3 times)! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a four-person room that actually had a bunk that included a double mattress on the bott...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travelled to Nashville as a solo female traveller so I was looking for somewhere safe and easy to get around from. The bus stop to take you downtown is about 5 minutes walk away, and one to take you to Hillsboro Village (Pancake Pantry is the best brunch I've ever had - recommended!) is about an 8 minute walk away.
I think another reviewer summed up the atmosphere of the hostel perfectly:
"You will have had beds more comfortable, bathrooms more clean and bigger pools. But it all of that is irrelevant because it is on big party. Singer songwriters stay here, as a source of continuous music, cigarettes are bummed and beers are shared. Unless you have an OCD or hate to meet new people the music city hostel is the place to be in Nashville"
It's really easy to meet other travellers to join up with, or just take a day trip with. My favourite times of my whole trip come from sitting in the chairs outside this hostel, drinking beer, listening to music and making some new friends. Nashville, and Music City have my heart.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Music City Hostel? Share your experiences!