“The Staff is the Best” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 123 Attractions in Nashville
Type: Symphonies
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Led by Music Director Designate Giancarlo Guerrero and President and CEO Alan D. Valentine, the Grammy Award-winning Nashville Symphony has a growing international reputation for its recordings and innovative programming. With 140 performances annually, the 83-member Nashville Symphony is an arts leader in Nashville and beyond, offering a broad range of classical, pops and jazz concerts; special events; children's concerts and community outreach programs.
Seguin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“The Staff is the Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We booked Lyle Lovett tickets at this venue. When I ordered I assumed the seats behind the music would be as good as in front. Plus I would get a different prospective of the wonderful band. I love the instruments and would feel more a part of the experience. Well that I did but the acoustics were the WORST. I sat through as long as I could before asking for a different seat. The usher was very helpful and lead me to the right person to help me.(in the mean time he radioed I was coming) When I reached that point another usher knew my plight, went to his boss and made my request for me.(While tagging me along). I had to go back to retrieve my husband and on returning there was a couple in those seats. I looked to my 2nd usher and he already had a much better set of seats in mind.
I was very pleased and down right funky about the music now and the remaining time was the greatest.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I recently went to the Schermerhorn for the first time to see Singin' in the Rain - the symphony played the score while the movie was also being shown. It was fabulous! The interior is beautiful, there are really no bad seats in the house and the acoustics are fantastic. Many types of events are held here, not just classical music like you might think. Even though the center is located right in the heart of the city, there are several parking garages nearby. The staff makes sure you can find your way around, and there are very large, very clean restrooms to accommodate the crowds. Most of the events held here are rather pricy, but it is well worth saving up for a special occasion for this experience.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta
“Private Reception and Concert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

A very nice symphony center close and to all the hotels. The interior is striking and no seats are far from the stage.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My granddaughter's wedding. Spectacular! Perfect execution! Great place for wedding and reception! Would recommend it to anyone.

Visited July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“A must to visit in Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great music, beautiful building. parking is very close. i have been there for the symphony as well as other types of shows from comedy to drama.