“Embarrassed to tell anyone we spent $201.76 on Dinner.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Atlanta
“Embarrassed to tell anyone we spent $201.76 on Dinner.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was told this was a pricy restaurant. Older/wiser. Not for the hard working middle class. Internet menu for Stock Yard did not have prices. Never again will I visit a place that does not put their prices on the menu. The cheapest Entree' was Chicken and it was $39.00. My husband ordered a kobi steak nothing came with it and it was $69.00, and we both had salads. My Cesar salad was the size of Wendy's small cesar. We both had water and he had a gin and tonic that was $7.00. Everything is pretty much al la carte. I order the jumbo shrimp with mashed potatoes, it was $39.00. I asked to switch mashed potatoes with a baked potatoes. I was politely told we do not do substitutions; all the vegetable sides were $9.00. When my shrimp arrived I asked for cocktail sauce. I only had eight Shrimp to begin with, by the time I received my cocktail sauce I had three left. I was charged $2.00 for cocktail sauce. It came in a small glass container that might have been two ounces. We only tipped 15%.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

39% Recommend
Nashville, Tennessee
“What happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Please come back. Please make it like it was. It's in a crusty part of town but wish it could be one of the steak joints of Nashville. It's just not.

Visited December 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We (my girlfriend and I) at at Stock-Yard last Saturday night (December 8, 2012). I'd been "warned" by co-workers that the Stock-Yard is not what it once was. However, I pressed on - even moving my reservation from Friday to Saturday.

While a quaint place upon entry, as I settled in I thought that the building and furnishings were showing their age. By then end of the night, they were the best things about the place (along with the three parking attendants outside).

We were served by Jeff (a nice enough gentleman). He was particularly adept at helping with and delivering a Pinot Noir. After that, he seemed to alternate between attentive and surly - not sure exactly how to describe. However, he was not a problem - just kinda there.

We chose the Seared Ahi Tuna, advertised as best in town. It wasn't. While OK, for approximately $50 it should have been "best in town". It was only so-so for flavor and lacking in the wasabi volume.

We moved on to Lobster Bisque. It was very good. At $15 a bowl (which we split) is should be.

Finally, we chose to split a $99, bone-in rib-eye ("dry-aged"). While it wasn't quite a case of "I can see where the jockey was hitting it", it was far from a good piece of beef. I eat quite regularly at Morton's in Nashville and there quality puts Stock-Yard to shame. Additionally, for the privilege, we paid an additional $10 charge to split the entree. My girlfriend ate one bite - the dogs were incredibly happy the next day. However, for $360, which included the tip, we were far from it. As a result, I'd like to say that I'm happy we tried it. We were not. Save yourself some dollars and head elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Made two visits there in one day- my first and my last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This is probably the most overrated restaurant on planet earth. I do not mind to pay for good food but this was far from outstanding. I have had better meals at the outback for 200 dollars less. For the price it is simply not worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Might have to think twice next time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Four of us went on a Tuesday nite. I've been almost every time I'm in Nashville. 2of the 3 live in Brentwood & have never been there or heard of it. I wanted to treat them to a great steak & show them the place. I can only say that our server Ray ,was fantastic. The food left a lot to be desired. & it is not a cheap place. ,which I don't mind for a good meal. The baked potatoes wouldn't even melt the butter , they were that cool. The asparagus was lukewarm & very " tender crisp". This is the 2nd time on the food not being hot. Last time was a Saturday nite, so ok maybe they were busy. This time not. The kitchen needs something. Probably will be going to somewhere else next time for a good steak. The stockyards has lost us as customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere