“Beautiful Hotel, Costly” 4 of 5 stars

Visit Opryland Hotel Gardens like an insider
Top Rated
$49*
and up
Nashville Tour of Grand Ole Opry House and...
Ranked #9 of 260 things to do in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Hotel, Costly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Hotel was beautiful, lots to see and appreciate, although the Rooms are small for the price, the food was very good and the presentation to die for, the staff wasn't as Friendly just very business like.

Visited January 2014

22 attraction reviews
“Great attraction!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

While visiting our son and his family for Christmas, we took our grandsons to visit the hotel and see the decorations and lights. We took the boat ride which was very good (if a little pricey!) and enjoyed it very much. For the holidays they had a special Christmas village with a train ride which the boys loved and rode three times! It's a beautiful hotel and great to visit any time of the year.

Atlanta, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
“Worth the Trouble”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had a LOT of issues with lack of service at this hotel on a recent stay. The reason the Gardens get a 4 star is that they were AWESOME. Like an exotic greenhouse with a magical brook running thru it. The fact that they were decorated for Christmas was just an awesome bonus. Even the ridiculously over priced boat ride was almost worth the money to do once.
if I ever go back to Nashville, I'll stay somewhere else, eat before I go, self park at the hotel, and spend some time in the gardens before a spa trip.

Strongsville, Ohio
26 attraction reviews
“Awesome At Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Upon arrival at airport, my wife and I stopped at the shuttle service for the hotel. The lady at the desk said next shuttle leaves in 1/2-hour and suggested we take a cab (faster and cheaper)....cab from airport to Opryland cost a flat fee of $25 dollars + $1 for each additional passenger. Hotel is extremely large! Check-in took a little while but you are given detailed instructions and paper work on how to navigate this enormous facility. We had booked a package deal and all tickets, instructions, etc. were included at the desk. At Christmas it was eloquently decorated with numerous plants and ornaments, inside and out. We were offered a balcony ($75 normal) for $55 special...but declined. People we talked to said it is "hit or miss" with the balcony based on site lines and many were given another balcony room if disappointed. Room had a refrigerator which was convenient. A lot of walking within the property with much to see and do (a lot of up and down walking). Many food options. Ate lunch at Stax (burgers and fries) - tasty, "self-serve" lunch option. Had dinner at Cascades Restaurant on Christmas eve, and (early) reservations are a must (1-hour wait). Service and food for Christmas eve was exceptional. Took the boat ride within the facility and it was interesting and scenic (if you are a hotel guest there is a $1 discount). Went to "ICE" (separate building within walking distance) and it was very crowded. ICE consisted of "Frosty the Snowman Theme" with carvings of ice. Inside temperature was 8-deg. and parkas are provided for the tour. Large mall is within walking distance (additional food and shopping options). Hotel has complementary bus shuttle to mall, Opryland, and General Jackson. Small fee for hotel bus ride to downtown Nashville (drop-off/pick-up at Crazy Horse Saloon). Fabulous venue at Christmas.

9 attraction reviews
“Beautiful place to visit even if you're not an overnight guest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband, 6 month old daughter and I made a brief 2 night stop in Nashville to visit some friends. Having the little one we weren't really able to enjoy the night life that Broadway has to offer like the old days so we asked "The Facebook" for suggestions. A friend mentioned this place and it was close by so we have it go and I am so glad we did.
TIP: If you are only planning to stay for a short visit (2 hours or less) just valet your car. It's $20...the same price for standard parking.
So parking is outrageous but the grounds are amazingly beautiful! I could have walked around all day just taking in the warmth and beauty of it all. The different gardens are connected though walkways and halls. You can stop in and look around the number of boutiques on your journey. I will say the boutiques are very pricey so keep that in mind.
Scattered among the boutiques are several restaurants and bars offering up different flavors and specialties. So come hungry. I wish I would have known this ahead of time. We ate a sub-par lunch right before our visit. Bad idea. All the eating spots looked and smelled amazing!
If your feet are tired from all the walking you can always hop aboard on of the flatboats and tour the garden that way. It'll cost you though. $9.50 a head over 12! No thank you, I'll walk.
Overall, thus is a great place to see but be prepared to spend some money if you want the whole experience. To my family the free walk and scenery was plenty.