“The King is Alive and Kickin'” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 107 Activities in Nashville
Type: Performances
Nashville, Tennessee
“The King is Alive and Kickin'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

John Beardsley's "Tribute to the King" is incredible. This is NOT your typical Elvis show!!! John is unique in that he performs a "true historical account" of Elvis and his music with much research and inside information. Many of Elvis's own band members and personal friends have mentored John with inside stories and musical details. He uses these details to give us an "inside" look at the underlying Elvis, and many of his views on life. While no one has ever quite looked like Elvis, if you close your eyes, you would believe it's the King himself singing to you. John Beardsley is AMAZING.....and NOT to be missed by anyone, especially those normally put off by an Elvis Impersonator.

Visited August 2012

Cresskill, New Jersey
“Great Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went with the expectation to see an Elvis impersonator but were blown away with the talent and showmanship of John. He has a great voice and lots of energy. We brought an eight year old and she is now an Elvis fan. The cost was well worth it.
Next time I'm in Nashville, I will make sure to go back to see the show.
Thanks for the memories!

Visited July 2012
Maine
21 attraction reviews
“We loved this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We took our 9 year old granddaughter and had discount tickets. I loved how John starts at the beginning of Elvis' career and works his way through the years. Everything was well done, and it was a fun evening. I've never been to an Elvis show before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it kept us all very entertained, and our granddaughter LOVED it. It's a real family fun time!

Visited June 2012
Powers, Michigan
“The Nashville King”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This has to be THE WORST show we have ever seen....poor Elvis is rolling over in his grave. Not worth the price. We walked around the downtown area & heard a variety of different musicians & it didn't cost us anything. When I listen to Elvis, I usually can't sit still in my seat....just want to dance, but this time we wanted to get up & walk out. The theatre, which is situated in a strip mall, is old & run down. It was a very small stage with church benches for the seats. My husband & I dressed up, thinking we were going to something special, but jeans & t-shirt would have been more appropriate.

Visited May 2012
Benson, Arizona
93 attraction reviews
“Exciting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

John is a wonderful entertainer. He has energy to burn..You won't fall asleep at this show. Five costume changes and lots of good songs...you won't be disappointed. The show is about $27.00, some hotels have coupons for $2.00 off, I saw it too late...

Visited April 2012