“This is an economy motel. Other than that, if you can, better stay elsewhere!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland

You added Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2306 Brick Church Pike, I-24/I-65 Exit 87 (Trinity Ln), Nashville, TN 37207   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #131 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Topeka, Kansas
“This is an economy motel. Other than that, if you can, better stay elsewhere!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Me and a friend stayed here for three nights. We are from Kansas, so was not aware of the neighborhoods in Nashville. Even though this was the cheapest property on Wyndham's website, we would have been better to pay a few extra dollars to stay somewhere else.
I believe most of the recent reviews would be correct. I saw people hanging around the parking lot and adjoining businesses that I would try to avoid.
The motel has a general appearance of being run down, and the rooms do not appear very clean. I was right next to the washing machines: so I know they did laundry. However, even with clean sheets- the rooms still appeared somewhat dirty.
On top of that, I was placed in a room facing Interstate 24. Nothing wrong with a little cross country traffic noise at night..
Unless you are really on a budget: better to stay elsewhere. Nashville has a lot of nice motels that are reasonably priced. This isn't one of them though!

Room Tip: Ask for a motel room that is on the backside of the property away from I-24.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Oh yuuuuck, I really should have listened to the other trip advisors on here. This hotel is really nasty. There are people right now sitting on the balcony area drinking from a paper sack. There are lots of people just hanging around. While trying to find an ice machine I passed a corner door that was open on the fourth floor and I think someone is living in it. The mattress was on the floor and there was garbage all around. There are women getting into cars with men then getting right back out. (Drug Sales?) I would suggest spending the extra few bucks to sleep in a better area.

Room Tip: book a room somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

What a horrendous experience. After arriving in Nashville and our hotel gave our room away and did not save our reservation, we had no choice but to stay in this dump. It is in a really really bad part of town and honestly we had no business sleeping there. The hotel is run down and the rooms are dirty and worn. Our room had a flood from a busted toilet in which the manager said there was nothing he can do till the morning and he had no more rooms left. I shared my bed with a roach that was under the sheets, but after 13 hrs of driving I decided that I was going to win the battle of the bed. If you can, DO NOT STAY HERE. Its also a haven for prostitutes, so you will see them walking up and down looking for business.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland

Address: 2306 Brick Church Pike, I-24/I-65 Exit 87 (Trinity Ln), Nashville, TN 37207
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Ranked #131 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland Hotel Nashville
Nashville Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Nashville

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.