“Yuck” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland

You added Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2306 Brick Church Pike, I-24/I-65 Exit 87 (Trinity Ln), Nashville, TN 37207   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #128 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Flight was cancelled due to weather and just wanted to crash somewhere cheap that wasn't the airport. The place was gross. There was urine in the toilet (and on the toilet seat) when we checked into the room. The room was just crappy. It was FREEZING the night we stayed (windy and snowing) and the heat barely worked. We were so cold. There was a gap around and under the door and the wind was blowing in. Don't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Location does suck but for a little under $50 what you expect? The rooms were clean to my standards (surprised me) giving the fact I've worked in the Hotel/Motel industry. This could be better if they upgraded a few things outside. But if your on a budget and have know where else to go this isn't a bad place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paducah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife has a medical problem that cause her to have to take tub baths. There was no tub stop and she had to use a plastic bag to cover the drain. I asked about a plug at the desk and the clerk told me none of the rooms had stoppers. It was very difficult for my wife.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Marion, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Pros: The room was clean, the shower worked great, and the bed was comfortable.
Cons: The wifi signal was terrible; everything except the bathroom counter looked at least 40 years old; there was a gap under the door big enough to fit my fingers through; I got an electrical shock when trying to plug my phone charger in (the outlets in general were awful); the location and cheap rates apparently make this hotel "party central" for drunk 20-somethings who felt it necessary to rev engines, honk horns, and yell at their buddies from the balcony until at least midnight (when I finally fell asleep); every single member of the staff I encountered on my stay seemed to despise being there; and, the one thing that will keep me from EVER staying here again, when I left for breakfast, the staff assumed I had checked out (I was gone from 8:45 to 10, check out is at 11) and sent housekeeping to not only clean the room, but also take my personal items out. I had loaded most of my things in the car to keep from having to rush when I got back, but I had to go hunting for the rest of my things when I came back. Of course, it wasn't until I got home (3 hours away) that I realized some of my toiletry items hadn't been recovered, so those are gone forever. All I needed was a place to sleep; what I got was a headache.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are by the stairs, and should be avoided, unless you enjoy hearing random snippets of c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland

Address: 2306 Brick Church Pike, I-24/I-65 Exit 87 (Trinity Ln), Nashville, TN 37207
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Ranked #128 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland Hotel Nashville
Nashville Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Nashville

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.