“Best Fish N Chips In Town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Fish N Chips In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I like a good fish n chips and this was about the best I have ever eaten. I love sweet potatoes and they actually good. Family love it, they enjoyed the different selections of beer, and is kid friendly. Price are great. This is a great place to eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were looking forward to going to this micro brewery
on our tour of the states. Sadly it didn't meet our expectations. The welcome was luke warm which was unexpected given how great the hospitality has been everywhere else. It took a longish while to get our first drink. It took even longer to get the second and it appeared that we were being ignored. Luckily we decided that we would order some food as it was a long way from the last place we had seen to get anything to eat. The service got a lot better. Still disappointed that we had to order a pretty indifferent meal to get almost prompt attention. Would only recommend this if you were desperate for something approaching real ale. On the plus side, the lady on the reception desk was extremely helpful in getting us a taxi back to our hotel. Thank you to her.

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good but not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've eaten at Blackstone several times when I stayed in Nashville. The food and service are above mediocre but not outstanding. The beer is superb, though!

Good enough to go back if others want to but not some place I'd put at the top of my list given a choice.

Visited July 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“Brews are still good, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite West End destinations. Food and brews were great, service was there, atmosphere was perfect for a no-frills, relaxing dinner on a business trip. The only thing that's changed is that the food was just okay on this trip.

If you come here for dinner (very convenient to the Hampton Inn or Courtyard), you won't be disappointed... neither will you be thrilled.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This place could be great if...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We choose to sit at a high top by the bar and our server was anything but informative. I asked her what she likes or what's good, beer wise, she shrugged her shoulders and said they are all good I guess. She asked me what I drank normally, yuengling, she gave me an option and said it just like New castle... I hate New castle so I just picked one. We ordered wings and burgers, wings were great burger was okay. I was a server and bartender, so I know everyone has bad days but you need too remember that's not the guests problem. We had to keep bussing our table, get our silver ware, she came to the table drinking pop or something holding her dirty cup and took our order. Gave us half empty ketchup bottle while I'm looking at full ones. Lazy. I had no drink the entire time I was eating my burger, then she showed up with waters and walked away, my husband and I were going to get another round but I guess not. Instead of feeling at home, I felt I over stayed my welcome.

• Visited September 2013