“Good...pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 1,749 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Our latest Nashville scoop shop opened in September, 2013 in the 12 South neighborhood and is next to Josephine, a new cafe by Miranda Whitcomb Pontes, who serves Jeni's ice creams in her nearby Burger Up pub. Other Music City favorites in the area include 12 South Taproom & Grill, Katy K Designs, and denim purveyor Imogene + Willie. 12 South epitomizes what we love in a neighborhood: action. 12 South, a lively, super-cool area, includes some of the best options for enjoying yourself in Nashville.
ohio
“Good...pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream is good, but I think it is a little pricey for what you get. I had Buckeye and milk chocolate. They were both good, but we have great ice cream in Cinti (Graeters), so I am spoiled by that. For me, it is hard to beat. Especially considering that Graeters is also expensive, but their scoops are much larger than what Jeni's gives you. The employees were nice...gave me the samples I asked for and described each one in detail as she gave me the sample. So it is good ice cream, but to me it is a little over rated.

Visited July 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Best Ice Cream Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went here after lunch while on a trip visiting Vanderbilt. The ice cream flavors are unique and amazing. All three of us had something different and they were all excellent. If in town, you HAVE to stop by!

Georgia
“Line is quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Line was out the door, but the ice cream is delicious. And even with the line, they are still patient giving out samples (I tried three). BUT the scoop size is very small (we have ours in a cup, so it doesn't go far), and the ice cream melts quickly (we sat inside). I would visit Jeni's because the flavors are unique--just go knowing it is a big splurge for what you get on your cone or in a cup!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Best ice cream ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Cute little place with very nices workers!! Encouraged us to try as many flavors as we wanted!! So fresh and creamy but had a texture to please! The pear was amazing! We all loved it and wish there was one in Chicago!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I believe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great, great ice cream. Read all reviews and was still skeptical. If you are anywhere close it is worth the drive. The pineapple upside down cake buttermilk frozen yogurt should be illegal. I almost forgot to mention the home made waffle cones, the smell hits you before you open the door! Will be back everyday until Friday, we have to go back home.