“Downtown Nashville's better bet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 3rd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Country Music Package
Ranked #10 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Minneapolis, MN
“Downtown Nashville's better bet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel operated quite smoothly for being open two months. Peak occupancy as part of convention room block. Pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Breakfast is pretty good, but paled to Hampton Inn adjacent. Not found on Google maps yet: look for Malloy & 3rd Ave. Excellent dining adjacent: Sole Mio Italian and Farm House for locally-sourced regional cuisine.

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. Pros included: 1) this is a new hotel in an excellent location (i.e., walking distance to all major downtown attractions), 2) the main room (1 king bed) and bathroom were clean, modern, and extremely spacious, 3) the included breakfast was substantial and, despite a large weekend crowd, staff was readily available, tables cleaned, and all items were continuously replenished; 4) the availability of an on location bar/24-hour food options is extremely convenient; and 5) self-parking in the attached garage is simple (they also have valet but can go directly from garage to room floors) and the additional security (need to use room key to access floor) in the elevators was appreciated. Areas for improvement were relatively minor and included: 1) additional soundproofing is needed on room doors – even normal conversation can be easily heard in hallways and 2) an extremely poor design choice – the air vent to the room is located such that it blows cold air (not sure why cold as the heat was on…) directly across the bed at regular and frequent intervals.

Just a note, we did find it less expensive to book directly via the hotel’s website than using a 3rd party travel site. In comparing to other nearby hotels, I would say this hotel rates at least as good as but likely better than the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Nashville (also stayed at recently).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Virginia412! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all of the feedback and certainly use it to improve our guests experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our location and all of the amenities we have to offer. I do want you to know that we are working with our construction crew to fix the issue you experienced in your room with the vent. I'm also glad to hear that you found our website more helpful in booking than other parties. Thank you, again, for your review and we hope to see you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked my room directly through Hyatt Place paying full-price for my room. (and it wasn't cheap) First, the things I liked: location (only a few blocks to Broadway) and breakfast (nice buffet offered at no cost).
Second, the things I didn't like: The room was not clean. I checked-in, placed my bags in the room, and left immediately to start sight-seeing as I was only there one night. Upon getting ready to turn in for the night, I pulled back the bed sheets to find blood and hair. I also noticed sticky stuff on the night stand.
My advice to anyone staying at this hotel: Inspect your room immediately upon arrival.
I called the front desk and the man was very apologetic and came up to move me to a different room. It was after midnight and I was in my night gown moving around the hotel in order to find another room. For my troubles, I was offered 2 free coffees and $100 off my room. I was given a new check-out statement reflecting my new rate.
The room I was placed in Room 808 only blew out cold air while I was trying to get heat (temps were 19 degrees that night). Needless to say, I was ready to get out of Nashville the next morning.
I went downstairs to check out and told Logan (Asst. Manager) that I was not too happy with my stay and told her Dave had given me a discount and printed it on my new check-out statement. She said, "He shouldn't have done that. I will have to talk to him about that." I thought, "Poor man, he was only trying to help." And at this point, I am wondering why I wasn't offered a free night stay instead of a discount that the manager really didn't want to give.
If I was in this business, my top priority would be customer service. Unfortunately, that is hard to find these days.
I received a letter from Logan saying she was going to make things right and honor the discounted rate. Today, 4 days after my stay, I check my credit card and the only thing I have found is another charge (and I don't even know what that is for). So would I recommend this hotel, no. Why would I when there are others at a lower rate, just as close to downtown, that I'm sure can do a lot better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi stuckon75! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly use it to improve future stays. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced, but hope that you were able to enjoy the location in downtown, although I'm sure the temperatures weren't exactly what you were expecting. As far as your billing issues go, I hope that everything was resolved and certainly want to be in touch if they weren't as we do want to make it right for you. I have spoke to our leaders in housekeeping as well as in engineering to ensure that such incidents don't happen again. We do not want to lose you as a customer, and hope that we can be given another chance. Thank you for choosing our hotel and once again, for your comments.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Downtown for 2 nights for my wife's birthday. It was great to be so close to Broadway in a super clean hotel. However the staff was rude. On Friday night we came in a little loud (just 4 of us) and I jokingly said, "please do make us leave." With a dead serious look and tone I was told "well keep it down or you will leave!" Ok I get it, it was 3 am. But the next night, there were several bachelorette parties yelling, laughing, being loud, having fun (just like we had the night before) and the staff was laughing and helping them to take group photos. Then on Saturday afternoon/evening after a day of shopping and eating we return to our rooms only to be locked out!!!! The front desk informed us that we had been checked out!?! They didn't know why and were not even sure our belongings were in our room and did not want to let us join them to make sure that our personal items were still there. Luckily they were, however our rooms had not been cleaned, nothing (I gave them a poor on cleanliness because they did not clean our room)! Finally, I went down Sunday morning to inform the desk we would be checking out and I would like the final bills emailed to me. Sunday comes and goes, no bill. Monday, still not bill however I get an email from an assistant manager apologizing for the inconvenience of being checked out and "giving me" 5000 Gold Passport points for my troubles. Yeah great, but then I check my credit card to find I have been charged 14 times for things by the hotel ranging from $32 up to $696, and was charged for staying at the hotel on Sunday night!!!! WTH!!!! At this point I think they finally have my bill right, but still no explanation for all the trouble! Loved Nashville and will definitely go back. But will never stay at another Hyatt Place! EVER!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi TJ. Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do appreciate feedback and any comments that can help us grow and improve. I do hope that your wife had a good time in the city on her birthday as we certainly do like to be part of guest's special celebrations. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and do hope that we could be given a chance to make it up to you. After working with your bank, I also hope that everything has been cleared and reflected properly on your statements. I apologize again for any inconveniences this caused you and do thank you for choosing our hotel.

Nashville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Garage keys never worked. Got stuck 6 times, staff kept saying they would fix. Waited for a while to check in..no one in front of me. Used points for 2 nights and paid for one, asked twice to confirm I wouldn't have to change rooms. They said no way. Key quite working after first night, said I had to change rooms...you can't make this up. No mirror in room, only bathroom. Tough with two girls. Obnoxious people loud between 4-5am in hall ways work all up Sat. night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hi Ken! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate feedback as that is how we can move forward and offer better service to our guests. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and want you to know that we are addressing what we can in order to improve. We do hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Nashville. Thank you again for your review and for choosing our hotel.

Kansas City Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hotel was new and very clean in the lobby and dining areas. Housekeeping was not reliable. Check in and out process were smooth. Close to many Nashville downtown attractions and Music City Convention Center.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hi KfromKCK! Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guests feedback and use it to improve our overall operation. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but do want you to know that we are working with our housekeeping staff continuously to ensure that we are offering consistent service throughout the hotel. I hope that you will come visit us again the next time you're in Nashville and thank you, once again!

Suwanee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The front office staff and bell staff at this property are all so young; but what struck me more was how nice and helpful they all were. From the outside the hotel doesn't have great curb appeal but the inside is fresh, clean and well maintained. There's free internet, a free gym, ample food at the breakfast buffet and walking distance to the convention center.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!