“Amazing brand new hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown

You added Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 3rd Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romantic Getaway
Ranked #8 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Alexandria, United States
“Amazing brand new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Downtown Nashville on a work trip for 5 nights. It may have been the best hotel experience I've ever had. My room (and maybe every room) is a suite with a sofa. It is very modern yet so cozy. The bathroom door is sliding frosted glass. Everything is brand new, clean, in great condition. The staff is so genuinely friendly. I was very comfortable here. Location is within walking distance to the new convention center and Broadway.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Strasburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel was situated very close to everything I needed during my trip...business and nightlife. The staff of the hotel were the friendliest I have ever encountered in over 20 years of traveling for business. The front desk staff were ready to answer any questions regarding directions, dining suggestions, transportation and sight seeing. The valet staff were very helpful and always smiling which was much appreciated as I needed access to my vehicle frequently during my stay.

Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Best hotel stay in a long while! New property, great staff, within walking distance of major downtown attractions, and since I was there for a week It felt almost like home. So many things to see and do on downtown, with great food and entertainment evenings had lots of choices.

Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I often stay downtown Nashville and recently stayed at the all new Hyatt on 3rd. Great service, friendly staff, well secured hotel- breakfast area good variety of food and beverages as part of room cost. I would definitely stay again.

niagara falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on business- was central to the convention centre and broadway and downtown areas. Loved the staff and the new rooms! Has some of the best blackout blinds I have ever seen at a hotel!

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The service I received at check-in was outstanding. I couldn't recall their names but the gentleman and the woman at check-in were very pleasant and enthusiastic. There was a country singer in the lobby singing. The hotel looks very new and the room looks very modern. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The sink in the bathroom had plenty of room for my makeup and toiletries. I was disappointed that the large shower didn't have a bathtub but I was only staying a few days. The 4 pillows I had were very plush and fluffy and I could work in bed while watching the flat screen LG TV 42 " I think. There weren't many channels though. I made use of the extra blankets that were folded up in the lounge side where the couch was.

I absolutely loved the gym and was kicking myself for not bringing my swimsuit. There is an indoor pool that stays open until 10 p.m. The gym was fantastic for the trying to be fit traveler, moi. The machines and equipment looked new and clean. Importantly, the treadmills were very nice. They are nicer than the ones at my gym. They had screens where you could do a military fitness test, run a 5K, and test your fitness all kinds of ways. The best part was that they had a full set of free weights, benches, medicine balls, and resistance bands. I hardly see these in hotel gyms so I was super thrilled. I was also impressed with the plush new towels, a water cooler, and disinfecting wipes. I had a good workout at about 9 p.m. The gym is 24 hours.

Parking is not cheap. It was $20 for guests for self-parking. There were lots of compact car spots. Valet was there late at night and early in the morning .

The only disappointing part was that my sheets were no changed. Although I only stayed 2 nights, I had spilled some makeup (dark eye shadow) on the sheets. When I pulled back the cover to go to sleep, I noticed the dark residue still there. I called the gallery/front desk and they were very very apologetic. I also saw some pink candy looking stains on the white basket weave cover that went over the sheet. I was really bummed that a Hyatt would not change their sheets and wash the covers with visible stains. I think attention to detail was lost here. But again, the gallery/front desk (Dave) was very apologetic and offered to correct it immediately.

I loved the skillet breakfast. They had quick items like premade breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, cereal, toast, fruit, coffee, and juice. But they need a restaurant.

I would highly recommend this place for any type of traveler. If you are a gym junkie and need to get your workout in at any time of day/night, this is the place to stay. Bring a swimsuit!

Room Tip: The ice makers are on odd numbered floors. They are located in separate rooms but the hum is quite l...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
loganwolverton, Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Iv1004! Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to continue your fitness routine as well as have a little fun during your time here. I do apologize for the misjudgement in housekeeping and assure you that we are continuously training our staff to improve the guest experience. Again, I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope you will come stay with us again!

Logan Wolverton
Assistant General Manager
Jefferson City MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Beautiful hotel with an excellent staff and a delicious complimentary breakfast. Room decor is outstanding, quiet and so clean. Location downtown Nashville is only blocks from Broadway Street entertainment and the Music City Center. Excellent value. I would love to stay again!