“Awesome, fresh food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #675 of 1,631 Restaurants in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome, fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We ordered a couple of things from the menu because we were also getting some items from the Mexican/Salvadoran restaurant a spaces down. We started with an empanada and a bunuelo and ordered a couple of arepas. The empanadas and bunuelo were already prepared so we started noshing on those and immediately went back and got a couple more empanadas. I have had Jamaican and Mexican style empanadas but these were the best. The salsa they give you to put inside is simple but delicious. I had never had a bunuelo but I enjoyed it. Next time I want to try it with the honey. One of the arepas we tried was with chorizo. We were intrigued because my husband is Mexican and neither of us had had this type of chorizo before. It was amazing and the arepa was packed with creamy avocado. Our food from the other restaurant (which I will also review) was not yet ready and we knew we were in trouble because we just kept stuffing our faces with the items from Rico Ricky. Yes, it's in the almost deserted old HH mall but it was kinda nice at the same time. We had plenty of room to spread out with our kids and pass around things for them to try. Honestly, I haven't stopped thinking about it in the 2 weeks since we have been. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2014