“Great Place to Eat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #130 of 1,718 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Free parking available and drive thru.
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This IS the place for Bar-B-Que when in Nashville. It is on Broadway in downtown. Don't let the line scare you away it moves very fast and is well worth the wait. Eat on the patio or up stairs to get out of the crazy busy area of the restaurant. This last time there we had the chicken, pork, and ribs everyone loved what they got.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Authentic BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Driving through from the north, we were looking for authentic Tennessee barbecue. This was definitely it. The cafeteria style service was very fast. We each ordered a half rack of ribs with two sides (lots of choices, including baked beans, mac n cheese, mashed taters, ochre, sweet potatoes, etc.). We had a ton of leftovers, and might have done better price wise if we had ordered the family meal that said it served 4 to 5 people. But it was delicious down home fare all the same.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“the best from coast to coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating at this restaurant for over 20 years.I've traveled from coast to coast with my work.I'm telling you there is no better the Kansas City sauce with molasses. is my favorite.I get the rib plate or the Texas brisket plate.I pick up a bottle of sauce when I'm running low at home.its in the hood but safe during the day

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A group of us, new to Nashville read the reviews and made the trek to Jack's. It was average BBQ and the lines to get in were long and seating was not great. I'm sure it is a favorite for many, but my tastes go more to the Texas BBQ flavors.

Troy, New York
“Good barbeque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Jacks rub is the best you can get, anywhere. The beef is very good as well. Ribs and pulled pork is good. Its a land mark spot I have been to many times. My recent visit I found the guys impatience was rude and annoying taking our order. There was no one but my wife and I in line and he was rushing us. If I were Jack I would take notice, rude is out,

• Visited February 2013