“Excellent recommendation from the hotel staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Darfons Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,695 restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Excellent recommendation from the hotel staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were looking for a place to have an early dinner with our whole family (8 of us) before heading to the Ryman Auditorium for the Opry Country Classics show. The hotel clerk recommended Darfons, which happened to be just about 5 minutes from our hotel. The restaurant was fairly empty, since it was only about 4pm, and we were seated immediately. The menu is extensive with a diverse selection, so there was literally something for everyone, including my uncle who is a vegan! All the food was fresh, filling and beautifully presented. The waitress was so personable and friendly, too. I had a tomato parmesan bisque soup and a mediterranean pasta with sundried tomato, feta cheese, calmata olives, sautéed spinach and cashews over angel hair pasta - fantastic! I could not eat it all. Everyone love their food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Indianapolis
“Lucky find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Traveling. Nothing else interesting in area, and looked busy--good sign, right? Great place! Ice cold beer, great coffee, yummy bread, wonderful tomato parmesan bisque, fabulous prime rib, exceptional salmon and rice pilaf dish. Ordered dessert, because we were on a roll! Fantastic key lime pie. Our server, John, was first rate! (Only one criticism -- sticky table. It's a dark restaurant, probably need to turn up lights, and give tables a good cleaning. )

Visited May 2013
St. George, Utah
“Great Prime Rib Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We hit the restaurant b4 heading 2 the airport. Sat in he bar area and Jeff was on call. He was super nice, attentive and overall a great waiter. The calamari was good, no complaints. My partner had the Prime Rib Sandwich and according to him, was the best he has ever had. I admit, it looked great and I'm no meat eater. No sliced or shaved--a full portion, covered w/mushrooms, onions & swiss cheese on a toasted roll + 1 side choice. I had the caesar salad w/grilled shrimp. I commented that the sandwich & salad prices were a bit pricey but changed my mind after we rec'd our plates. Worth every penny and everything was cooked 2 perfection and we had a great leaving Nashville dining experience. Will definitely return when in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“salad just a step above fast food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I eat here sometimes when coming to Nashville on business. I learned tonight do not order the salad with fried chicken. The chicken was a frozen flat chicken breast about like you get at Wendys and was not real hot either. Salad was fair. I would not order again. And will be awhile before I return. Only 4 beers on tap and none was a micro brew. Ate at the bar and service was only fair, considering they was not busy. They had on the menu wild salmon that sounded good but when asked if it was Alaska the server could only say it was Pacific. I have rated very good in the past, but not on this visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mississippi
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food is great and it has a warn atmosphere with excellent bar. The service has been the best! My order got messed up the manager comped my meal. So nice. Service fast.

Visited May 2013