“Out food was a little spicy.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Darfons Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,718 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Out food was a little spicy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was recommended by the people at the front desk of our hotel. They said it was one of the best restaurant in the area. We found the Caesar salad decent and the spaghetti marina to have to much spice for our taste buds and the garlic bread that came with it could have been toasted for a little while longer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Fine service, fine food, great location, coldest draught beer ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had just arrived in Nashville by car. We checked into the Towneplace Suites, and were HUNGRY. We asked the women who was at the desk where to eat. Without any hesitation she s suggested Darfons with the addition of direction to an entree, her favorite, the chicken salad sandwich. We followed her suggestion and were/are glad we did. I followed them to the letter and had the sandwich; my wife, more independent, ordered the prime beef. We won!! Both were outstanding. Our server also made us winners. I wish that I could remember her name. She is a professional, is attentive, is courteous and quick.
Some incidentals:
Seating was quick although the night was Saturday at primetime
Parking was ample
Atmosphere was welcoming
Staff and guest were diverse in many positive ways
We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We were in Nashville for the Grand Ole Opry and found this great restaurant. We ate there for lunch and was so impressed we went back the next day for dinner. Our servers were excellent. The food was great and appropriately priced for the quantity. I had the wasabi salmon and it was fantastic! The carrot cake was quite good as well. I will go back when visiting Nashville.

Visited March 2013
Sam D, Owner at Darfons Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you Tamara! We hope to see you back next time you're in town!
Houston, TX
“Nice but pricey and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was good but somewhat over priced. The real issue was the service. I sat a the bar, traveling alone on business trip, it took a long time for the bartender to take my order. More attention was paid to wait staff and regulars at the bar. Food service was slow. the man next to me had order 20 minutes before me and got his 10 minutes after me. I am sure there are better places to spend money than here.

Visited March 2013
Sam D, Owner at Darfons Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I'm really sorry that your experience was not as good as it should have been. It sounds like there was a mistake done by the batrtenders with your order. I will definitely address the bar service issue tonight.
I certainly hope that you give us another chance. We're a family owned & operated business for 24 years now & work hard everyday to make the customer experience the best that it can be. Unfortunately, we fell short this time around & I do apologize.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove to you why we've been around for so long.
“Big No, No”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The cost is too high for the quality.I went there to try the key lime pie because of the review I saw on this site. First of all its not really key lime pie. They use cool whip of some kind instead of meringue. The crust was so nasty. It wasn't Graham cracker it was like Pillsbury frozen crust. Then they drizzled some green syrup on top that looks like melted lime sherbet ice cream. I was not impressed. I won't be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the key lime pie. To be honest, in the 12 years as an owner, this is the first complaint on the key lime that we've ever received.
And to clarify, everything on the pie is made in-house from scratch. Nothing is bought or frozen.
Regardless, I'm sorry that you did not enjoy it. I hope that you give us another chance. We are a family owned & operated business that work hard everyday to make our customers happy & keep them coming back. I hope you give us the opportunity to change your mind.