“A great Mexican Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #405 of 1,727 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican
South Carolina
“A great Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been eating at El Chico's when I go to Nashville for several years. The food is always good, the service is always good. There is usually a large group of Country Music Fans meet there. This year I was there on a Monday night and then again on Wednesday night. Two different groups. On Wednesday Night, there was around 20 people in the group. They placed a group of tables to accommodate us. Had one waitress, she took care of all of us. there were no mistakes on the orders, no complaints on the service. It is a great place to go with friends and eat good food and have fun.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Franklin, Tennessee
“Great appetizers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The burratos anf tamales are very good, but the appetizers are the best. We like the Fiesta platter with several items. My wife says the beer is ice cold. The part of town has really gone down hill the last 10 years, but we have never had a problem.

• Visited April 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nashville's Little Mexican Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was the 2nd time I visited El Chicos. The 2nd time was as amazing as the 1st. The first time I had a Chimichunga. The 2nd time I had the Chimi plate. It consisted of a Chimichunga soft beef taco and hard chicken taco...along with mexican rice. The food portions are huge. I couldn't finish it all...of course I took it home. Our waiters both times were very attentive and we always had fresh salsa and chips. She even took time to interact with my friend's baby. I've lived in Nashville for years and always judged this place due to the surroundings. I definitely found a diamond in the rough! This place is worth checking out don't let this side of Murfreeesboro Road A.K.A Little Mexico fool you! This place also had 2 separate 100 scores on their cleanliness and food sanitation. I will be attending here at least once a month. El Chicos Is Exceptional Mexican.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Tennessee
“Best Mexican dining with great service and good specials.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Visited an El Chico restaurant for the first time in many years. Visited the El Chico in Nashville on Murfreesboro Road near the airport. It is located near the Longhorn near Briley Parkway.
The service was excellent. Both hostess and wait service were kind and prompt. Our drinks never got near the bottom of the glass before a fresh glass was brought out by the waitress.
The food was great! True Tex-Mex that was far far better than the traditional fare served at almost all Mexican venues. The chicken and beef were real thick cuts of meat cooked with fresh cut onions, peppers and tomatoes. The beans, rice and lettuce with sour cream were fresh as where the chips and salsa.
It has been a while since the chance to revisit an El Chico since the ones in Johnson City and Chattanooga closed. We will most certainly be back.
The restaurant also has a nice outdoor seating area with tables and covers for outside dining. The restaurant was clean and cool during our warm May visit.

• Visited May 2012
nashville
“Good olde mexican comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have been going to this resturant for over 30 years and it is always good or they correct it the food is good so so

• 4 of 5 stars Food