“Great food but wish the service had been better” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #448 of 1,631 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to your family-friendly Las Palmas Mexican Restaurante, where su familia es our family. Your family is our family. Bring the kids. Come in today and let us treat you like family.
Pegram, Tennessee
“Great food but wish the service had been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went into this Las Palmas for a quick lunch but it wasn't quite so quick. I don't know if it was because I was dining alone of if they just have slower than expected service. I had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to take me to a table even though there was no one else waiting. The service once I got to my table was slow also. However, the food was excellent. I had the steak fajitas, from the lunch menu, and it was the best fajitas I've had in awhile! LP has a good lunch menu with prices that are more what I expect to pay for a lunch.

The restuarant was loud and there wasn't that many people in there (I came in a little after the lunch hour rush). They have patio seating and when the weather is nice they'll open the windows and let the fresh air in. This is a nice feature but it's located in a scenic area so you're just overlooking the street.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Food - Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We got a recommendation from the Concierge at the renaissance for real mexican food to go here and he was right! I was pregnant but my colleague had what he said was a delicious margarita and all the food was the die for. Its very close to downtown maybe a 5 min cab ride from our hotel but off the beaten path. It was cheap and excellent. Not anything fancy for decor but I find the best mexican places usually aren't. Would go back here again for a low key meal.

Visited May 2013
Allen, Texas
“popular place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food was average, the place was so popular and LOUD. Good hot sauce food was average but then, I'm a tex-mex fan, this didn't quite cut it. But price is good, hopping atmosphere and margaritas are pretty good.

Visited April 2013
Bug Tussle
“Pretty loud, but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to the Las Palmas on Hayes Street because we were going to a Vanderbilt basketball game. It was very loud because there were a couple of tables of women who had apparently gone there for the margaritas after work. The food was good, cheap and the beer was cold. We still prefer the Las Palmas on Charlotte Ave because of the manager. He manages the dining room and makes you happy at checkout. They are GLAD to have you use their coupons and always ask us to come back. We may go back to Hayes Street, but we will definitely go back to Charlotte Avenue.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bna
“good typical Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

As others have noted it is very good tex-mex americanized Mexican food. But it is a very good value, the food is plentiful and flavorful. I quite enjoy the chimicangas as they are a bit different than most - not deep fried. Also a location on Charlotte. Not much ambience, but a very good choice compared to chain tex-mex joints.

• Visited March 2013