“Excellence for a large group” 5 of 5 stars
Review of F. Scott's

F. Scott's
2210 Crestmoor Rd, Nashville, TN 37215 (Green Hills)
(615) 269-5861
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Green Hills
Cross street: Off Hillsboro Road
Nashville
“Excellence for a large group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a party of 15 that I was hosting for a conference. Had a vendor paying and he suggested F Scott's after recalling a prior dinner that we had there.

They set us up at a long table against the west wall of the main dining room. Was a tad tight but the service was excellent and four courses of food were all very well done.

Started with an assortment of appetizers (truffle oil fries, flat bread and cheese tray) then pumpkin soup or salads, main courses and desserts. I had soup then grouper and finally vanilla creme brûlée. Many had the same but the other popular entree was the filet. Our folks from Colorado and Kansas said the steak was as good as any meat they'd ever had at home. The pork dish with some kind of cream risotto(?) underneath was also fantastic (I stole a taste from my wife).

Even with 15 people the service was fairly prompt and consistent. Everyone was served at the same time.

As I was host for this conference that moves around the country each year I wanted to showcase Nashville. I polled everyone...not one complaint or suggestion for F Scott's that they could have done better.

I've been going here since they were in their old location...if only they still had the jalapeño oil for break on occasion....

Visited January 2014

Nashville
“Not sure what all the fuss is about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This restaurant has been talked up by people i know for a while now, so we finally decided to try it. I was pretty disappointed quite frankly.

The decor could use some serious updating. It felt like it was stuck in the 70's, not warm and inviting and most certainly NOT hip. The bar area had live music, which was only OK from what we caught coming and going.

The service was good. Not great, not poor but just good.

The food was, again, only OK. The menu was limited. We had a different twist on a Caesar salad which was pretty good and the filet for main course. The steak was one of the worst i've ever had. We didn't stick around for over-priced dessert, figured enough was enough.

Sadly, we will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place for Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have chosen F. Scott's for both Anniversary and birthday dinners. They have never disappointed, either in the food or the hospitality.

Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a great meal. Our waiter was just the right amount of helpful. He explained things in great detail. The food was wonderful

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Overpriced and snooty, but they have excellent chefs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The music-you could hear from the restaurant-was wonderful. We went during tomato season and the creations the chefs made were fascinating. (caution: if you do not like the ingredient of the month, or you do not like vegetables/herbs , you might not want to go there) Equally fascinating were the dessert creations, which also included multiple fruits and some herbs. However, I would be hesitant to spend money there again, as the waiters were so obnoxious. The first one was not helpful to me when I asked questions and was probably disgusted with me because I didn't want to order an entree. (which I am so glad I didn't, as I was very full with only soup and an appetizer. too full.) Then another waiter was even worse. He brought me a soup with NO SPOON! This is a place with $$$ entrees and all ala carte $$ sides and I am sitting there for 10 minutes. When I finally got someone's attention and meekly asked for a spoon, he did bring one but did not apologize!! He actually implied I was too stupid to look under my bowl for the spoon he must have put there!! Really? you think I didnt look on my plate??? no, there was no spoon. still no apology. Wow. I am sorry for the management that their hard work and planing can be ruined by young men like this (who make a lot of money doing this).

Visited July 2013