“Almost perfect, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Nashville Hotel

You added Omni Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Fifth Ave South, Nashville, TN 37201 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“Almost perfect, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Here for a one night, 02/08/14, an early Valentine splurge. Arrived at 4pm for check-in after an already long day. Was told that our room wasn't ready but we'd be upgraded to a king suite for being inconvenienced. Sweet! The clerk took our cell numbers so she could text us when it was ready. Except that after 45 minutes we were still waiting. We had tickets to the symphony and wanted to catch dinner and maybe a short nap beforehand. I went back to the desk and asked how much longer it would be. The clerk said, "Do you still want to wait for the suite?" Now, I hadn't booked a suite, just a deluxe king. I said no, I wanted what I had booked if it was available. She produced the keys. Never got a message of any kind saying that a room was available.

Took the nap, skipped the dinner. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely clean. I thought the aromatic they used for atmosphere was a little strong. Certain scents trigger an allergic reaction and this one did. It dissipated quickly enough.

After the concert our dinner choices at the hotel were limited to Barlines, the sports/entertainment venue, or room service. While I've read that the bar food is exceptional, the room was a little louder than I wanted after an evening of classical music. We chose room service. Pricey, but absolutely amazing. We got shrimp and grits, green salad, mac and cheese, and banana pudding. Really wonderful food delivered far sooner than promised and hot.

We bought a few room add-ons: the breakfast buffet, tickets to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and for $50, guaranteed 4pm check-out.

Breakfast was every bit as good as dinner. Exquisite smoked ham, fresh jellies and biscuits, and made-to-order omelets. Only one little snag--we went to refill our plates and our table was bussed. I had to snag the guy to prevent him from taking a plate I wasn't done with and a half-glass of juice. Not a big deal.

After our walk through the Hall of Fame we went back to the room to enjoy it until it was time to gather our things to leave. I had the "privacy" tag on the door. At 3pm there were repeated knocks on the door. I wasn't sure our door was being knocked as it's forbidden for employees to knock on a door with the tag in plain sight. (And it was.) I looked through the peephole and saw housekeeping. I told them through the door I'd be out at 4. Moments later the phone rang, again housekeeping. The gentleman wanted to know if there was anything he could do for us. Polite, but clear--they wanted us gone. Not cool.

We called the bellman and left by 3:30. While we waited for the valet to bring our car I had a word with a desk clerk. She was apologetic about the check-in fiasco and aghast that housekeeping would give us the bum's rush, particularly in light of the privacy tag. She deducted the $50 upcharge for the 4pm check out. That was appreciated.

Everyone we encountered at the Omni was professional and polite. A team spirit pervaded. The food was top-notch. The bed and pillows were comfortable, climate control was quiet and accurate. The walk-in shower was quite nice. (They could've stocked more towel sets--we had some sent up.) All-in-all, it's worth what they charge.

But for what they charge they really need to get the in-and-out procedure rectified. At this writing they've only been open four months. They'll work the bugs out, I'm sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniNashville, Manager at Omni Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback and we regret that your experience was just ok. We apologize for your experience during check-in and check-out. While we cannot guarantee all requests, we certainly attempt to honor all of them or provide suitable alternatives at check-in. We do hope the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and that we get the opportunity to have you as our guest for any future celebrations. If you would like additional follow-up, please contact us at 615-782-5300 and ask to speak to our Front Desk Manager. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very comfortable rooms; awesome styling; very convenient to the Music City Center. Self Parking ($18 a day) is a bit of a hassle since it is 2 blocks away. Since we were attending an event at the MCC, it made sense for us to park it there ourselves and walk back and forth to the hotel. If staying at the hotel, it wasn't that much more to valet park, but upon departure, it looked pretty backed up. It seemed like both Omni staff and parking garage attendants were confused about the self parking process, We were told originally that we needed a ticket from the hotel BEFORE we went in to park, so they made us back out of the garage and go check in first. Because there are so many events that are cash only when you first enter, other attendants told different stories as to what we needed to get in and out. Not a big deal--we still only had to pay for one day, which was on the room bill.

Room Tip: When I booked, there was an option to pay an upgrade fee to get a room of the downtown skyline. We...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and appreciate your feedback in regards to the parking options. We hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Music City!
Roseville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Stay was awesome. I had called after I booked my room and mentioned that my wife and myself were celebrating our 25th aniversary and to my surprise when we checked in, they had upgraded us to a suite and we had a Bottle of Champagne and Chocoalate Strawberries waiting for us in the room. Talk about going above and beyond. That was amazing. The Valet however was a nightmare do to no fault of your own. They were auditioning for the Voice next door and it took us about 45-minutes to a hour just to get in the valet section to check in and we were only a block or 2 away from the hotel. It would diffently stay here again. Great service, Great Hotel and proximity to Bridgestone Arena and the Downtown area could not have been better. Thank you for a memorable 25th Wedding aniversary Celebration.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Nashville Hotel for your anniversary celebration! We are delighted to hear that the staff provided such a wonderful surprise after check-in and warm service throughout your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience you experience with the valet and neighbors, and appreciate your candidness with the review. We hope to celebrate many more special occasions with you at the Omni Nashville Hotel in the years to come!
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you read my other reviews, you can see how picky I am! I really have nothing bad to say about the Omni! The service is first rate! Everyone from the shuttle driver, to the front desk staff, to the gym staff was first rate.

My room was modern while classic, and ULTRA CLEAN. And seemed brand new! Plenty of plugs everywhere for all my white cords. The shower was spotless, and had great water pressure. I even loved the tiling! The bed was cushy while staying firm, and I had some really great nights sleep.

The gym was spotless and brand new. All Precor equipment, which is quality!

The Omni is right in the thick of things, and any Nashville excitement you would want to stumble home from is less than a five minute walk away

There's some great stores in the lobby to check out if you have time. I would stay here again in a second

Room Tip: The railroad was a little noisy, so ask for a room on the side that faces away from the tracks
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms, and the fitness center were so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
charlestown, IN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a comfortable hotel, albeit expensive. We stayed here for the location next to the convention center. The added bonus was that the Country Music Hall of Fame was connected to the hotel and Broadway with lots of neat restaurants and bars was one street over. The hotel was clean, modern and impressive. My only complaints are the train ran all night and my shower in the morning was luke warm.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Nashville Hotel. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
Bellingham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed at a lot of nice hotels over the years, the Omni Nashville is without a doubt one of the best I have seen. The fit and finish is all top notch, staff exceptional and the corner suites with a sweeping view of downtown are really hard to beat. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for with this place. Will stay there again when we make it back to Nashville for sure!

Room Tip: Corner suites facing the City. Wall to wall glass and awesome nighttime views!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that our service left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went to Nashville for 3 nights in February for an event in town. We had the pleasure of staying at the Omni hotel, which is brand new and beautiful. We were treated so well. It is rare that you feel special at a hotel but we definitely felt like they took great care of us and genuinely cared about our happiness. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that your Omni Nashville experience left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Omni Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!