“My Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“My Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hello everyone my name is Melvin im from Chicgago I came here here for my heart transplant check up. when I first walk into the lobby of this place I was speechless, thats' how beautiful this place is. from the wood to the art. and the entire staff whattt! they are the best staff I ever encountered. Katie and Jalisa at the front are so wonderful and very nice. david the the van driver is great. I must say Michael the director of operation this guy is cool calm and very nice. he help me when I first check in.when I met him he made me felt very welcome. the food here is off the chain the best like home. wow the the entire kitchen staff are very professional. the rooms are huge like being in your own home. they were clean, the housekeeping staff made sure had everything I needed. overral my stay excellent cant wait to get back here in october.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Timothy H, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello Mr. Jenkins,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your stay here at the Homewood. We always love to hear what our guests have to say, because it lets us know what we are doing well, and how we can improve.

I am thrilled to hear that you had such an awesome experience here. Katie and Jalisa are jewels, and I am so glad that you were able to experience that. Michael is like no other, and he has a contagious personality. I am sure that will all be excited to hear the wonderful things that you had to say concerning them. I plan on sharing this review with all of them today. Just like you, I am looking forward to your upcoming visit in October. We will be strategizing between now and then, to see how we can further impress you on your next visit.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to better serving you in the future.

Thrilled to Serve,

Timothy Horne
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night and were amazed at how wonderful this hotel is. It's the nicest place we've ever stayed, and we've stayed at some very expensive hotels. The rooms are huge, very, very clean, breakfast is included (which included make-your-own Belgian waffles), and the staff treated us like royalty. The bed and pillows were wonderful! Will definitely be our go-to place when we're in Nashville!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ms, Katy S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel. I realize that there are many other hotels that you could have chosen, and I am appreciative of you selecting ours.

Your words brought me great joy today. Being a new hotel, I am so happy to hear that we rank at the top of your list for great hotels. Our staff treated you like royalty, because that is exactly what you are, and we appreciate you staying with us. If you are ever in the Nashville area again, we look forward to taking care of you again. Please come by and see me when you get here. I would love to shake your hand and personally welcome you back. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

Timothy Horne
Assistant General Manager
ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Location and accommodations were nice and clean. The breakfast was a typical chain style buffet (make your own waffles, etc.). It's great when you're with a family and you can stay in a suite. Comes with a kitchen, pull out sofabed and a door between common area and bedroom. Great set up. But there were a few annoyances.

First and biggest for me was check in. We checked in on a friday night around 11pm. Like so many hotel/motel chains, there was one guy at the desk. And he was doing everything from answering the phone, to running the convenience store to checking people like me in. From the time I parked my car outside to the time I got a key was 30 minutes. Too much going on. Need more people working on weekend nights.

Compounding the delayed check in was that there was no valet to take our car, and nowhere to put the car until you got your room key (lower level garage was only self park if you have a room key). So even though I was with two other people - we could not split up and have one of us park the car and get the bags and the other get checked in -- we all had to wait. This was after a 4 hour drive from St. Louis. We were tired. This was not efficient.

That aside, the guy at the desk was super nice. And the next morning the manager happened to stop by our table at breakfast and apologized profusely for the delay and thanked us for the feedback. He was genuinely appreciative. So even though I was peeved about the process, in the end the hotel reacted and was super nice about it.

In terms of location, as the name says its on the Vandy campus. But it is also only about a mile or two to The District (downtown) and it's walking distance to many other interesting restaurants and bars.

Parking was more than $20/night - which seemed excessive for a self park deal not in the middle of the city, but it does seem that parking is a premium item throughout Nashville - so be prepared to pay everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back or side - they are a little quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jeff C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear glbtrvler

It was great to speak with you that Saturday morning, you had some great feedback. We have added additional staffing on Friday evening to help with the late night arrivals. I was very pleased to hear the Front Desk was very friendly when you arrived. Your right we do have a great location right across the street from Vanderbilt University and only a mile away from Downtown. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you for future stays.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Staff is very friendly and hospitable. Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty. The Kitchen Staff was par excellence, bar none! Ronald, Joseph and Chef Clev are impeccable!Thank you for a marvelous stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Catwaycatway

Wow thanks so much for the great comments, the Food and Beverage team do a tremendous job here at our hotel. Cle, Ron, and Joseph make sure each guest is treated like family during their stay. We are very lucky to have all of them on our team. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our daughter's wedding was Friday April 18th. Friends and family had about 30 rooms. Heard many positive comments about the size and cleanliness of the rooms. For me, the best part of the hotel for this type of purpose was the lobby/dining area. It is huge and a great place for everyone to hang out including breakfast. The breakfast was very good every day and was included in the room rate. While I didn't have the chance to try it, it looked like there was a dinner buffet with beer and wine as well. The location is very convenient, only about 2-3 miles outside downtown Nashville. Finally, the staff was very available and extremely friendly at all times. Everyone felt very welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear George K

Thank you so much for allowing us to celebrate such a wonderful day such as a wedding. With many out of town guest’s our lobby and breakfast area is a great place to meet and mingle. With many seating options you can have a large gathering or just have a small meeting. The back patio is also a hit when the weather is warmer. We were happy to host your family and friends on such an important day. Thanks again for the feedback, we looking forward to hosting your next event.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff that went out of their way to make our stay a good one. Brand new hotel with a very nice, clean room, large pool, and great breakfast. Definitely better than we were expecting for the price. We will definitely return to this hotel!

Stayed April 2014
Dear Trvlngwthefam

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay. The indoor pool is so relaxing and it is the largest one of any Homewood Suites in the world. I am very happy to hear the team was friendly and the service matched the wonderful brand new hotel we have. Thanks again and we look forwarding to serving you in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Staff in the lobby are fantastic and hotel accommodations are great. My only complaint is that housekeeping doesn't do their basic job. We stayed for one week and everyday I had to ask for the basics to be replenished in our room, ie., soap, shampoo, coffee pouches, etc. Never once vacuumed, dusted or wiped countertops. In fact all that was done was clean towels brought in and our covers straightened. The first night we arrived at midnight and tired only to find our bedsheets were dirty. Unfortunately, their quality of housekeeping brings the whole hotel down.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff C, Manager at Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hello 2Strong,
I would first of all like to thank you for taking out the time to tell us about your stay with us. Hearing what guests have to say about our hotel is pivotal, because it is only through that feedback that we can become better.

I must admit, I am very disappointed to hear that you had such an awful experience with the cleanliness in your room. Here at this property, cleanliness and customer service are top priorities. From reading your review, it sounds as though we have missed the mark. For that, I apologize. We are now implementing some new programs, to help make sure all of our guests are satisfied. In the meantime, I would love the opportunity to discuss this situation with you further. If you have time, please give me a call. My contact information is listed below.

Again, I would like to thank you for staying with us, and sharing your experience with us. We realize that there are hundreds of hotels in the Nashville area that you could have chosen, but you chose us. For that, we are grateful. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jeff Charo, General Manager
Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt
2400 West End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203
Office: (615) 340-8000 ext. 555

-We strive for excellence, because we realize that "good" is not good enough.

Been to Homewood Suites Nashville Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!